Author Topic: Lavar Ball guarantees Lebron will join the Lakers  (Read 4053 times)

Re: Lavar Ball guarantees Lebron will join the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I think he's trying to see if they can sign 2 FA and trade for LeBron, but that also doesn't make sense because other than LeBron and George, the FA class is pretty weak. Either way, Randle can't make enough money to accomplish this trade:

Base year compensation
Certain players in the first few months of a new contract are subject to base year compensation (BYC). The intent of BYC is to prevent teams from re-signing players to salaries specifically targeted to match other salaries in a trade (in other words, salary should be based on basketball value, not trade value). A BYC player's trade value as outgoing salary is 50% of his new salary, or his previous salary, whichever is greater. BYC applies only to players who re-sign with their previous team and receive a raise greater than 20%. It also applies only when (and as long as) the team is over the salary cap. Under the 2011 CBA, players subject to BYC cannot be traded before January 15 except in a sign-and-trade, and BYC is only applied to outgoing salary in sign-and-trade deals.[6]

So they'd either have to include Deng or sign Randle for $34 million, which is not possible given his years in the league (his max is $25,250,000).

To answer your general question, though, I think if the Lakers offered Deng, Ball, and Ingram for LeBron (he's already leaving), I think the Cavs for sure take that deal. So you don't even need to deal with Randle. The Cavs can flip Ball and Ingram for future picks if necessary while having a 5 year rebuild horizon.

Beyond not exactly seeing why the Lakers make this trade, I’m not sure why they’d be throwing in Ingram other than as a necessity for unloading Deng.

I'm only answering the question :) This is obviously a steal for the Cavs. If you're rebuilding, sitting Deng on the bench to get 2 free top prospects that you can either cultivate or trade is a no brainer. The D'Angelo Russell is the blueprint (and people thought it was a steal for the Nets). I don't think they need to give up 2 pieces, either. 1 is more than enough (Ball or Ingram).

If you're the Lakers, you're going to want to sign LeBron & George, and use all of your other assets (Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, picks, etc) to lure a Kahwi Leonard. Much better use of resources.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:35:08 PM by Erik »

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 12:49:06 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Lavar might be the reason that Lebron DOESN'T go to LA
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think he's trying to see if they can sign 2 FA and trade for LeBron, but that also doesn't make sense because other than LeBron and George, the FA class is pretty weak. Either way, Randle can't make enough money to accomplish this trade:

Base year compensation
Certain players in the first few months of a new contract are subject to base year compensation (BYC). The intent of BYC is to prevent teams from re-signing players to salaries specifically targeted to match other salaries in a trade (in other words, salary should be based on basketball value, not trade value). A BYC player's trade value as outgoing salary is 50% of his new salary, or his previous salary, whichever is greater. BYC applies only to players who re-sign with their previous team and receive a raise greater than 20%. It also applies only when (and as long as) the team is over the salary cap. Under the 2011 CBA, players subject to BYC cannot be traded before January 15 except in a sign-and-trade, and BYC is only applied to outgoing salary in sign-and-trade deals.[6]

So they'd either have to include Deng or sign Randle for $34 million, which is not possible given his years in the league (his max is $25,250,000).

To answer your general question, though, I think if the Lakers offered Deng, Ball, and Ingram for LeBron (he's already leaving), I think the Cavs for sure take that deal. So you don't even need to deal with Randle. The Cavs can flip Ball and Ingram for future picks if necessary while having a 5 year rebuild horizon.

Beyond not exactly seeing why the Lakers make this trade, I’m not sure why they’d be throwing in Ingram other than as a necessity for unloading Deng.

I'm only answering the question :) This is obviously a steal for the Cavs. If you're rebuilding, sitting Deng on the bench to get 2 free top prospects that you can either cultivate or trade is a no brainer. The D'Angelo Russell is the blueprint (and people thought it was a steal for the Nets). I don't think they need to give up 2 pieces, either. 1 is more than enough (Ball or Ingram).

If you're the Lakers, you're going to want to sign LeBron & George, and use all of your other assets (Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, picks, etc) to lure a Kahwi Leonard. Much better use of resources.

For sure. Again depends whats enough for the Cavs to help out Lebron.  But going by your idea

To Cavs: Ball, Deng, 2018 25th pick
To Lakers: Lebron

To Spurs: Ingram, Randle, Kuzma, Hart
To Lakers: Leonard

The league would not want this to happen imo

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Lavar might be the reason that Lebron DOESN'T go to LA

Or Lebron kicks him out

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
LeBron is gonna clean house. He'll want the Balls GONE from the face of the earth.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I don't understand all these trade ideas.  The Lakers as they stand can sign LeBron and someone else without trading anyone.  If they want to get Deng's ridiculous contract off the books, they need to send him out with something.  They could do that with Cleveland and have Cleveland send LeBron back.  That makes sense but you don't need to match salaries.  Just include enough to make it worth CLE's while.

As for trading for Leonard, I think they just sign George and call it a day.  You will still need a bench so these young players the Lakers have are useful.  No sense in sending them out to get Leonard when you can just sign Paul George.

In terms of other players, don't forget that Cousins and Chris Paul are free agents.  I could see them both ending up on the Lakers.  Everyone may have to take a little less than the max but I think they could make it work (or at least 3 of 4 if Deng is shipped out).

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't understand all these trade ideas.  The Lakers as they stand can sign LeBron and someone else without trading anyone.  If they want to get Deng's ridiculous contract off the books, they need to send him out with something.  They could do that with Cleveland and have Cleveland send LeBron back.  That makes sense but you don't need to match salaries.  Just include enough to make it worth CLE's while.

As for trading for Leonard, I think they just sign George and call it a day.  You will still need a bench so these young players the Lakers have are useful.  No sense in sending them out to get Leonard when you can just sign Paul George.

In terms of other players, don't forget that Cousins and Chris Paul are free agents.  I could see them both ending up on the Lakers.  Everyone may have to take a little less than the max but I think they could make it work (or at least 3 of 4 if Deng is shipped out).

So what do you propose the Cavs will take back on top of Deng? 2018 25th pick wont be enough.
Remember they want to try to be below the cap , in this situation.  In order to take back Deng, it will need to be worthwhile for them

What happens to Lonzo?

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858

So what do you propose the Cavs will take back on top of Deng? 2018 25th pick wont be enough.
Remember they want to try to be below the cap , in this situation.  In order to take back Deng, it will need to be worthwhile for them

What happens to Lonzo?

I don't know of course but you started by proposing Ball, Ingram, Randle.  I think something less than that would do it.  Maybe just Ingram OR Ball.  Those are both really good prospects.  Deng is a really bad contract though.  I am sure the Lakers are going to try everything to move him with some combination of prospects to someone.  It doesn't have to be Cleveland.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 01:28:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

What happens to Lonzo?

I don't know of course but you started by proposing Ball, Ingram, Randle.  I think something less than that would do it.  Maybe just Ingram OR Ball.  Those are both really good prospects.  Deng is a really bad contract though.  I am sure the Lakers are going to try everything to move him with some combination of prospects to someone.  It doesn't have to be Cleveland.

True. One of Ball or Ingram may just do. I guess for salary matching purpose I didnt think ahead

I mean does Cavs really want Deng? They rather get capspace....

There is not much incentive to trade for the Lakers outside of making Lebron happy (max quicker) and getting rid of Deng and Ball family (If its a condition Lebron has before joining)

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 01:34:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

Wow, imagine a lineup of CP3/PG13/LeBron/Cousins that team is winning a championship

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think a lot of the teams involved in the trade you proposed would not want this to happen!

Teams are knocking over each other to get that Deng contract LOL

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think a lot of the teams involved in the trade you proposed would not want this to happen!

Teams are knocking over each other to get that Deng contract LOL

Lol

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
If I was Lakers fans I d wish Lavar would shut up , fall off the earth ,  i would just cringe having to bemaround this jerk off ....the more he talks , if Im Bron ,  it does not help me wanting to go there.

Bron is gonna HOG the ball, we absolutely know that , he i stalls the King James offense .....one which he controls 90 % of who , what , when , where the ball goes.....

THAT is exactly Lonzos best part of his game ,  comtroling the game, the flow , the ball,sitting up everybody .....

Lonzo takes a huge backsit to his game with L bron on the court .  His numbers will die ,  his comtract worth plummets and Lavar goes nuts .  ......he is living off his sons income ......it hurts Lavars pocket when Lonzo looses touches.

This may not work.

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 08:08:16 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Dont think Lebron would put up with Ball antics
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 08:46:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
If I was Lakers fans I d wish Lavar would shut up , fall off the earth ,  i would just cringe having to bemaround this jerk off ....the more he talks , if Im Bron ,  it does not help me wanting to go there.

Bron is gonna HOG the ball, we absolutely know that , he i stalls the King James offense .....one which he controls 90 % of who , what , when , where the ball goes.....

THAT is exactly Lonzos best part of his game ,  comtroling the game, the flow , the ball,sitting up everybody .....

Lonzo takes a huge backsit to his game with L bron on the court .  His numbers will die ,  his comtract worth plummets and Lavar goes nuts .  ......he is living off his sons income ......it hurts Lavars pocket when Lonzo looses touches.

This may not work.

I have a good friend (since high school days) who is a Lakers fan, and I enjoy roasting him and taunting him 24/7 about Lonzo, LaVar and the Lakers in general being bad the last like 5-6 years  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And trust me, he HATES LaVar and thinks Lonzo is super overrated (idk on the latter part, but he's certainly not a "transcendental talent" as some on here have said he could be).

If they do add Lebron though (or Kawhi), then welp. But I think the odds aren't as high as people think. Top-4 choice? Sure. Top choice? Doubt it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:54:55 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller