Author Topic: Durant: “I want to retire in 5 years”  (Read 5355 times)

Re: Durant: “I want to retire in 5 years”
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It's pretty likely the Warriors would still only have just the one championship if not for Durant signing there. They probably would have lost to the Cavs again last year, and probably would have lost to the Rockets this year.

Durant might still have a lot to prove to a certain group of haters, but those of us being reasonable can see he's been the best player on that team the last two seasons, and the main reason they were able to win these last two titles.

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2018, 01:28:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
It's pretty likely the Warriors would still only have just the one championship if not for Durant signing there. They probably would have lost to the Cavs again last year, and probably would have lost to the Rockets this year.

Durant might still have a lot to prove to a certain group of haters, but those of us being reasonable can see he's been the best player on that team the last two seasons, and the main reason they were able to win these last two titles.
You think the Warriors would have lost to the Cavs last year without Durant (I assume they keep Barnes and Bogut in that scenario or replace them with similar level players)?  I don't think that would be a common belief.  I'm not even sure in NE Ohio where I live that would have been a common belief. 

Certainly this year the Rockets as currently constructed would have had a great shot (though maybe they don't go all in for a 1 year rental of Chris Paul if Durant isn't in GS). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2018, 01:40:26 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

I think 2017 Jazz would've threatened the Warriors without Kevin Durant. But I agree, the 2017 Cavs would have creamed the 2017 Warriors sans Kevin Durant.

And then a Durant-less 2018 Warriors would've likely been a second/third-round exit. They just aren't THAT good without KD. 73-9 was simply overrated lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)