Author Topic: Has anyone heard about this Dahntay Jones rumor? Hoopshype - Stephen A Smith  (Read 12244 times)

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Did everyone forget that we cut this guy? I know a lot of people starting rooting for the Celtics after we won the championship but come on, there has to be some people that remember.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
if he's cheap, I don't have any issues with it
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Did everyone forget that we cut this guy? I know a lot of people starting rooting for the Celtics after we won the championship but come on, there has to be some people that remember.

Didn't we also cut Ben Wallace?

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
rather have him than tony..please god get a bag of spaldings for tony...

Offline Amir

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 48

ya i remember, if we didnt see it in him then, why now?

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
His reputation has out-grown his game

geez louise. if this is the case then jones must have one tiny danged game since he has zero reputation as best as i can tell.

i dont recall too many hot rumores floating around the media about this guy lately. or large scale speculation by contending teams' fans about whether or not they will land him.

i dont see what he really adds to the celtics that a number of other players couldnt provide.

and by the way, to another poster earlier.... TA is worth more than a bucket of spit....and probably nicer to have around....though admittedly not by much.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
oh please No! We need scorer not another TA. All he did for denver was play about 10-13 minutes. An athletic guy, but we got Walker, JR, and TA that fit that bill.

Give me Scorers.

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Yeah this guy has no offensive game...and that's what we don't need on our bench.

If there's anyone from that Nuggets team that we should go after, it's the Birdman.  This team needs a backup center, not a backup guard.

However, if they do sign him then we at least have more moves to look forward to.  Cause if Jones signs, there's no way we're having Eddie House, Tony Allen, AND Dahntay Jones on this team.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston also gave up on billups....joe johnson....i'm not saying jones is going to set the world on fire but he is athletic and can defend...and it would allow pierce to rest more than 5 minutes a game.........he is several steps up over tony allen

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I wouldn't mind adding Jones. I don't think it improves our flexibility off the bench as much as we need though. It wouldn't be a bad start.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
major thing is he would buy minutes for pierce....and he already doesn't like kobe so that is a plus in my book...wish boston could grab ariza or odom

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
another SG!! how many SGs are we going to stack on this roster?

I'd rather give the PT to Walker.

we need length at the wing and in the front court.

Jones is a waste of a roster spot IMO.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
major thing is he would buy minutes for pierce....and he already doesn't like kobe so that is a plus in my book...wish boston could grab ariza or odom
I'm not so sure about that. Jones would be okay for spots at the 3, but he really is an NBA 2. He'd be much better than playing Marbury or Tony at the 2 though.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
another SG!! how many SGs are we going to stack on this roster?

I'd rather give the PT to Walker.

we need length at the wing and in the front court.

Jones is a waste of a roster spot IMO.
Wouldn't you like him to take over Tony's/Marbury's minutes? I know I would.

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528

I do have memory issues, but I think you may have this wrong. First - there are 2 Dahntay Jones' (I don't think they are spelled the same).  One was a Knicks pick the year they picked John Wallace and has not played for years (not sure he ever did) and may have had a moment on the C's, but I don't think so.  This Dahntay Jones was selected by the C's in 2003(?)and traded immediately on draft day along with Troy Bell for Kendrick Perkins and Marcus Banks.  So -- I don't think the C's ever cut him -- it was a selection for Memphis (Jerry West).  Anyway -- that's what I remember, and I'm sticking to it for now.