Author Topic: What's Wrong With Eddie?  (Read 4280 times)

Re: What's Wrong With Eddie?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
But the point remains valid (about the bad shooting). I've thought that in most, if not all our games, as a collective, the units that have mostly bench players in them have been playing better than the starting unit (regardless of individual accolades).

So once our starters start playing like they should, we'll be golden.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
But the point remains valid (about the bad shooting). I've thought that in most, if not all our games, as a collective, the units that have mostly bench players in them have been playing better than the starting unit (regardless of individual accolades).

So once our starters start playing like they should, we'll be golden.

agreed.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
A lot of players having been shooting horribly or below there normal standards rigth now.

Garnett is shooting 46% which is ok for a guard, but not for a 6'11+ center named Kevin Garnett. It's his lowest field goal percentage in his career. Pierce is shooting 38% from the field, and 65% from the free throw line while playing almost 40 minutes a game. Ray is shooting 35% from the field, and 25% from 3pt range  Tony Allen is shooting 29% from the field. House is shooting 22% from the field, and 11% from 3pt range while not even averaging an assist.

The bad news this won't cut it against the better teams. Our best players are looking old, at least on the stat sheets. The good news we are 4-1 and not playing nearly as well as we are capable of. With that said this team needs to get it's act together.

i think this is great proof that this team is built on superb defense.  Last night's game vs the Thunder (i gotta get used to that) showed that again.  It was a low scoring game for the celts in the first half, but even lower for OKC. 

Anyone remember that great defensive move by PP to seal off the guy at the 3pt line and start a fast break?  that was GREAT D, stemming from anticipation, scouting, and instincts.