Author Topic: Buy Or Sell Antonio Mcdyess To Celtics  (Read 6473 times)

Re: Buy Or Sell Antonio Mcdyess To Celtics
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
One thing we *can* offer that Detroit can't is money.  I'm pretty sure we have about $3 million of our MLE left; Detroit only has about $1.5m left after signing Kwame (I'm not sure if they signed anybody else; it could be worth less).

I doubt money is the determining factor, but if it is, the Celts could have a slight advantage.
I thought Eddie and Tony used up most of our LLE?

We signed Tony with Bird rights.  Eddie was signed with the MLE, and I *think* POB was signed with the LLE.  Maybe they reworked that after the fact, though.  Also, I'm not sure what type of contract the team gave to Walker; if it's three years, it was with the MLE.

The Globe says the actual figure we have is $2.392 million.  That means we used $3.193 million of our MLE on other players.  I would assume that's for Eddie and Walker. 

I was hoping someone might have this information. Was wondering what we could offer Dice if he did get bought out by Denver.

Question: why wait for the two parties to agree to a buyout? The Celtics could scrape together a series of 1- and 2-year contracts to match salaries: Scal and Cassell as buyout candidates, and Davis, Giddens, and POB as young flier-worthy talent/filler. Throw in a 2nd rounder if needed. Denver would get even more payroll relief for this year, probably more than what they could gain from a McDyess buyout.

One reason is that during the season, at no time is a team allowed to have more than 15 players on its active roster.  The problem with a 5-for-1 trade is that momentarily, Denver would be over its roster limit, even if it intended to cut several of those players immediately.

(This restriction does not apply during the off-season.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Buy Or Sell Antonio Mcdyess To Celtics
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 06:40:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
One thing we *can* offer that Detroit can't is money.  I'm pretty sure we have about $3 million of our MLE left; Detroit only has about $1.5m left after signing Kwame (I'm not sure if they signed anybody else; it could be worth less).

I doubt money is the determining factor, but if it is, the Celts could have a slight advantage.
I thought Eddie and Tony used up most of our LLE?

We signed Tony with Bird rights.  Eddie was signed with the MLE, and I *think* POB was signed with the LLE.  Maybe they reworked that after the fact, though.  Also, I'm not sure what type of contract the team gave to Walker; if it's three years, it was with the MLE.

The Globe says the actual figure we have is $2.392 million.  That means we used $3.193 million of our MLE on other players.  I would assume that's for Eddie and Walker. 

I was hoping someone might have this information. Was wondering what we could offer Dice if he did get bought out by Denver.

Question: why wait for the two parties to agree to a buyout? The Celtics could scrape together a series of 1- and 2-year contracts to match salaries: Scal and Cassell as buyout candidates, and Davis, Giddens, and POB as young flier-worthy talent/filler. Throw in a 2nd rounder if needed. Denver would get even more payroll relief for this year, probably more than what they could gain from a McDyess buyout.

One reason is that during the season, at no time is a team allowed to have more than 15 players on its active roster.  The problem with a 5-for-1 trade is that momentarily, Denver would be over its roster limit, even if it intended to cut several of those players immediately.

(This restriction does not apply during the off-season.)

Well, besides the roster crunch, LOL.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague