Author Topic: Buy Or Sell Antonio Mcdyess To Celtics  (Read 6451 times)

Re: Buy Or Sell Antonio Mcdyess To Celtics
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I buy the idea of the C's pushing hard to get McDyess if he is bought out.

It would be great to have him join the team!! I doubt it will happen though. Why would he walk away from so much money in Denver? Why would Denver buy him out if they weren't gonna save much money?

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 05:49:59 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
sell, we don't need him becuase it'd cut minutes from leon powe. if he was a savvy veteran big man with a decent mid-range shot, good rebounding and veteran leadership i'd say yes. wait a second......whens PJ coming back?

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Buy.

He can play the 4 and 5. Good defender, scorer, locker room guy.

He'd be this year's PJ.

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 06:39:22 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
if he was a savvy veteran big man with a decent mid-range shot, good rebounding and veteran leadership i'd say yes.

If I had to describe McDyess in 14 words, I'd probably pick those, perhaps replacing "decent" with "good".

He's going back to Detroit, guys, they're just posturing.

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
BUY! One of the best performers for Detroit in the conference finals last season. Would also mean we don't need to sweat on PJ re-signing later on.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 08:35:42 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Buy, no question, but we're not going to get the opportunity.

We're in big trouble on the bench at the 4 and 5.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Buy. I would rather have the undersized McDyess out there as a center or Powe then the below average Tommy Boy wannabe thats performing his nightly comedy stylings..

Pete

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 11:08:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I have a gut feeling he will decide between the celts, spurs and detroit the most. If he signs with the spurs he could play for a contender and start right away witn duncan.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
One thing we *can* offer that Detroit can't is money.  I'm pretty sure we have about $3 million of our MLE left; Detroit only has about $1.5m left after signing Kwame (I'm not sure if they signed anybody else; it could be worth less).

I doubt money is the determining factor, but if it is, the Celts could have a slight advantage.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 03:00:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One thing we *can* offer that Detroit can't is money.  I'm pretty sure we have about $3 million of our MLE left; Detroit only has about $1.5m left after signing Kwame (I'm not sure if they signed anybody else; it could be worth less).

I doubt money is the determining factor, but if it is, the Celts could have a slight advantage.
I thought Eddie and Tony used up most of our LLE?

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 03:02:57 PM »

Offline marseye

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • gwadada 971
i don't really love him but he got a nice shoot , i say yes too
I represent Guadeloupe n Ain't speak English very well/Xcuse me

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Besides McDyess, the only other free-agent big I would want is Deke, who's a long shot. BUY! BUY! BUY!

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

We signed Tony with Bird rights.  Eddie was signed with the MLE, and I *think* POB was signed with the LLE.  Maybe they reworked that after the fact, though.  Also, I'm not sure what type of contract the team gave to Walker; if it's three years, it was with the MLE.

The Globe says the actual figure we have is $2.392 million.  That means we used $3.193 million of our MLE on other players.  I would assume that's for Eddie and Walker. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
I hate the Detroit Pistons. 

Go and sell that on the open market and take the money and buy me one of those beers listed on the recent beer thread!!    8)
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

We signed Tony with Bird rights.  Eddie was signed with the MLE, and I *think* POB was signed with the LLE.  Maybe they reworked that after the fact, though.  Also, I'm not sure what type of contract the team gave to Walker; if it's three years, it was with the MLE.

The Globe says the actual figure we have is $2.392 million.  That means we used $3.193 million of our MLE on other players.  I would assume that's for Eddie and Walker. 

I was hoping someone might have this information. Was wondering what we could offer Dice if he did get bought out by Denver.

Question: why wait for the two parties to agree to a buyout? The Celtics could scrape together a series of 1- and 2-year contracts to match salaries: Scal and Cassell as buyout candidates, and Davis, Giddens, and POB as young flier-worthy talent/filler. Throw in a 2nd rounder if needed. Denver would get even more payroll relief for this year, probably more than what they could gain from a McDyess buyout.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague