Author Topic: Perks Jumper  (Read 5314 times)

Re: Perks Jumper
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Well I dont think that Id ever say that offseason surgery for our starting center would create any sort of positive situation, but wow, looks like all those jumpers Perk was shooting while he wasnt aloud to participate in practice during training camp really paid off.

Maybe Scals will injure him in practice again.  With more practice shooting jumpers, Perk could become another Mehmet Okur.   :D
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Truegreen hit it on the head, its confidence.  Remember the playoff game last year (detroit?) where perk was hitting spinning fall aways, not thinking about the offense?  He's the 7th offensive option among starters  ;D , its gotta be tough.  9-10 rebounds a game, 6 pts, good d is all i ask.

That makes me happy.

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 05:51:01 PM »

Offline DimpusBurger

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Perk's been working hard on his offense for the last couple of years and it's better than people think.  He's been (rightly) hesitant to break it out because he's the 5th offensive option on the floor, but he's going to surprise a lot of people.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 02:08:21 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
in my nba2k9 i shoot jumpers all the time with perk now.... seeing him do it the other night might have been the worst thing to happen to my fake celtics.

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
in my nba2k9 i shoot jumpers all the time with perk now.... seeing him do it the other night might have been the worst thing to happen to my fake celtics.

****, TP.

I get mad at my game because paul has a crappy inside game. apperntly sk missed that whole "one of the best slashers in the league" memo.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

****, TP.

I get mad at my game because paul has a crappy inside game. apperntly sk missed that whole "one of the best slashers in the league" memo.

i edited paul pierce on mine, he's the ony person i've edited in my game.

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 08:25:54 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
after watching perk brick up shots for the past few years, i was stunned when i saw him take that first jumper and MAKE IT in the houston game.

i was amazed, but impressed with his jumper from the left side.

maybe he can take 2-3 shots a game that way. it might make opposing centers come out to guard him, open it up for other players to cut to the basket. perk is a good passer, so that might work.

but i would prefer that he not spend too much time away from the basket. they need his rebounding and blockouts more than a couple of jumpers.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
more impressive than his 10 ft jumpers (which i'm sure he will become quite good at, a la Camby or McDyess), I was impressed he hit rim on his three point attempt when ray got stuck and passed it to him with no time on the shot clock in the thunder game.

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
more impressive than his 10 ft jumpers (which i'm sure he will become quite good at, a la Camby or McDyess), I was impressed he hit rim on his three point attempt when ray got stuck and passed it to him with no time on the shot clock in the thunder game.

me too, i'm really impressed him that whole game. tommy's been talking about how he's seen him shooting in warmups and that he should take a jump shot once in a while...and i didn't beleive him, i've learned my lesson.