Author Topic: Trade Leftovers Anyone?  (Read 6132 times)

Re: Trade Leftovers Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yep, Wide Load is right.  It's the same reason Marbury used to average over 10 assists per game.  He's not an above average passer, he just always had the ball in his possesion.  And after AI and Marbury dribble for 18 seconds of the shot clock, whoever receives the pass has to shoot.

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Yep, Wide Load is right.  It's the same reason Marbury used to average over 10 assists per game.  He's not an above average passer, he just always had the ball in his possesion.  And after AI and Marbury dribble for 18 seconds of the shot clock, whoever receives the pass has to shoot.

Fact: It's impossible to average 10+ assists in a single season (never mind the fact that Marbury has done it over his entire career) without being an "above average passer". That's just crazy talk my friend.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Fact: It's impossible to average 10+ assists in a single season (never mind the fact that Marbury has done it over his entire career) without being an "above average passer". That's just crazy talk my friend.

He has never averaged more then 7.9.

His career average is 6.3

And he gets them because the ball is always in his hands, not because he is running an offense.

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Billups is probably a better passer than AI and Steph, yet he usually averages around 6 assists/game.

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 09:09:58 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I'm pretty sure McDyess will return to Detroit. He'll say he won't report, Denver will say they want him, then buy him out and he will be a Piston again in a month.
Maybe I'm wrong, but didnt the league make a rule against this because of the trade Danny Ainge made with Atlanta involving Gary Payton a few years ago? Payton boomerranged right back to us after a buyout and folks said it was 'planned' that way. It seems to me that McDyess would want to come to the defending champions with a guaranteed 6th man role and a shot at (his first?) an NBA title. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm pretty sure McDyess will return to Detroit. He'll say he won't report, Denver will say they want him, then buy him out and he will be a Piston again in a month.
Maybe I'm wrong, but didnt the league make a rule against this because of the trade Danny Ainge made with Atlanta involving Gary Payton a few years ago? Payton boomerranged right back to us after a buyout and folks said it was 'planned' that way. It seems to me that McDyess would want to come to the defending champions with a guaranteed 6th man role and a shot at (his first?) an NBA title. 8)

The rule is that they must wait a certain amount of time after the buyout (30 days, maybe?) before they can go and sign with the team that traded them away.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Thanx Donoghus, I knew there was a rule. I just dont know the parameters. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku