Author Topic: 2017 Free Agency Rumors/Signings Thread  (Read 160682 times)

Re: 2017 Free Agency Rumors/Signings Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 07, 2017, 08:26:48 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Jeff Zillgitt @JeffZillgitt

Cavs have reached a deal with free-agent forward Jeff Green, I'm told.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #481 on: July 07, 2017, 08:26:54 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

« Reply #482 on: July 07, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Jeff Zillgitt @JeffZillgitt

Cavs have reached a deal with free-agent forward Jeff Green, I'm told.

It is not terrible cause he is cheap, but this is a guy that shot 39% from the field last year and had the lowest scoring season of his career (and worst shooting) will be 31 when the season starts. Shouldn't be this washed up. Disappointing career

« Reply #483 on: July 07, 2017, 09:48:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Rudy Gay to the Spurs for 2/17 with a PO per Woj. Gotta say, the fit's a bit of a head-scratcher.

Not really, imo.  Gay, even if he loses at least some of his quickness/athleticism should still be an absolute cannon off the bench and always seems to play his best, on both ends, against the best.  If they could get Afflalo, too, they could very well beat the Warriors, imo, depending on what happens with Parker (I still don't understand how and why they could pass on Jawun Evans at the end of the first round, but whatever) and Ginobili, respectively, of course.

Fwiw, it would also be pretty funny to see the Spurs, as opposed to the Kings, get the most out of Tyreke Evans, Afflalo, and Gay.  San Antonio really isn't that far away from being able to win it all, imo, but yeah, they really need to get Afflalo, in addition to a couple of other pieces, to be able to so.

Honestly don't think they're in the same stratosphere as GSW, nor would they be with a new and improved Gay-Afflalo-etc.  Club is so well-run that they seem to overachieve like the Celtics do even after losing so much of their talent.  I don't see it.  Rudy Gay is dumb, the Spurs are not.  But whatever, there's till only two real teams in the NBA.

How is Rudy Gay dumb, lol, and did you miss game 1 of the western conference finals where the Spurs were wiping the floor with the Warriors in Golden State and Leonard was the best player on a court with Curry, Thompson, Durant, and Green?  If Lady Zaza doesn't pull the Bill Laimbeer move on Kawhi the Spurs more than likely win that first game and it's hardly a foregone conclusion that the Warriors would have even made the Finals, imo, and I'm not even a Leonard fan, lol ;D.

« Reply #484 on: July 08, 2017, 12:54:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Shockingly the Hawks will not be matching the Knicks' absurd $71 million/4 years with trade kicker + player option offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr. 

Congrats Knicks, you got your man (that you traded away like a year ago)!

« Reply #485 on: July 08, 2017, 04:37:29 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Breaking: James Harden signs a 4-year, $228 million contract extension with the Houston Rockets through the 2022-23 season. (via Adrian Wojnarkowski)

Hold his beer, Steph Curry.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Breaking: James Harden signs a 4-year, $228 million contract extension with the Houston Rockets through the 2022-23 season. (via Adrian Wojnarkowski)

So that averages 57 millions year. That is like over 50% of the cap.

« Reply #487 on: July 08, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Rudy Gay to the Spurs for 2/17 with a PO per Woj. Gotta say, the fit's a bit of a head-scratcher.

Not really, imo.  Gay, even if he loses at least some of his quickness/athleticism should still be an absolute cannon off the bench and always seems to play his best, on both ends, against the best.  If they could get Afflalo, too, they could very well beat the Warriors, imo, depending on what happens with Parker (I still don't understand how and why they could pass on Jawun Evans at the end of the first round, but whatever) and Ginobili, respectively, of course.

Fwiw, it would also be pretty funny to see the Spurs, as opposed to the Kings, get the most out of Tyreke Evans, Afflalo, and Gay.  San Antonio really isn't that far away from being able to win it all, imo, but yeah, they really need to get Afflalo, in addition to a couple of other pieces, to be able to so.

Honestly don't think they're in the same stratosphere as GSW, nor would they be with a new and improved Gay-Afflalo-etc.  Club is so well-run that they seem to overachieve like the Celtics do even after losing so much of their talent.  I don't see it.  Rudy Gay is dumb, the Spurs are not.  But whatever, there's till only two real teams in the NBA.

How is Rudy Gay dumb, lol, and did you miss game 1 of the western conference finals where the Spurs were wiping the floor with the Warriors in Golden State and Leonard was the best player on a court with Curry, Thompson, Durant, and Green?  If Lady Zaza doesn't pull the Bill Laimbeer move on Kawhi the Spurs more than likely win that first game and it's hardly a foregone conclusion that the Warriors would have even made the Finals, imo, and I'm not even a Leonard fan, lol ;D.

Rudy is going to look really good next two the best player in the league, KL! He's also going to look really good in the Spurs system. A front line of Aldrich, Leonard, and Gay has some real fire power....

« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2017, 04:54:02 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Wish I can make half a million a year

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #489 on: July 08, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

The report is being worded poorly. He'll make $228M over the next six years.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #490 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Could Dallas make a play for Camelo? He fits their time line for Dirk!

« Reply #491 on: July 08, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

No, because Melo would veto it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #492 on: July 08, 2017, 05:20:23 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482

even at 6 years that is crazy money.  when I first read it in this blog, I thought someone was joking.  I guess not.  (head spinning)

« Reply #493 on: July 08, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

No, because Melo would veto it.

Yeah,,,

« Reply #494 on: July 08, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

even at 6 years that is crazy money.  when I first read it in this blog, I thought someone was joking.  I guess not.  (head spinning)

It's a lot of money. It's also significantly better than the alternative.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers