Author Topic: 2017 Free Agency Rumors/Signings Thread  (Read 160712 times)

Re: 2017 Free Agency Rumors/Signings Thread
« Reply #285 on: July 02, 2017, 11:40:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Bobby Marks tweeted something relevant to those here looking for a PF:

Good market of PF in Denver for a team in need of a big. With the Millsap signing, Denver now has 6 power forwards.

He's counting Jokic, presumably, but:
Jokic
Millsap
Faried
Arthur
Lyles
Hernangomez

Hernangomez is the name to watch for -- after the draft last year, the Nuggets GM said that was the guy Ainge was trying to trade up from #16 to get (he went #15).

If we'd get Hayward, I actually like the fit of Faried at the 4 for us. He's athletic, a great rebounder, and a decent defender from what I remember. He's not a perfect fit with his lack of spreading the floor, but at this point he'd be our best option if we're looking to get an actual starting caliber 4.

He'd come really cheap, too. It'd just be the salary needed to get him here, which would certainly include AB plus a bit more salary.

Beggars can't be choosers -- I'd be happy with any 1 of the 5.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #286 on: July 02, 2017, 11:42:26 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Was this posted? Reports: Grizzlies sign Ben McLemore to two-year, $10.7 million deal. It's a good deal by the Grizz to take a chance on McLemore...

« Reply #287 on: July 02, 2017, 11:52:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I love the Millsap deal. Great fit in Denver and a very reasonable contract in terms of money, years, and the team option.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #288 on: July 02, 2017, 11:55:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
https://twitter.com/16WinsARing/status/881721371054661632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Flos-angeles-clippers

Clippers "made a strong impression" on Danilo Gallinari following their meeting in Los Angeles today, per @wojespn.

I mean, this would make the Clippers quite a bit better, too, though that team has All-World Injury written all over it. That'd be yet another team to worry about in the West for Utah. Crazy.

« Reply #289 on: July 02, 2017, 11:55:41 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
We appear to have entered a vicious circle.  The West is more talented than the East, so Western teams have to be more aggressive in improving their rosters, which leads to them poaching talent from the East, which makes the East weaker and lessens the need to improve, which makes teams more likely to blow it up and trade their best vets to the West.

Mike

« Reply #290 on: July 02, 2017, 11:58:45 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Ugh I don't like it for us. Another target gone as we keep waiting on Hayward..

We could have a 10-man rotation of Paul Milsaps, be 100 million over the cap, and we still wouldn't even be sniffing 18. He will be 36 at the end of this contract.

I don't really get the frustration of everyone wanting an overpriced FA when we can simply develop Tatum, Zizic, Yabusele, Ojeleye, Brown. If your argument is that Horford wants to win now and we risk alienating him by not throwing chips in, and hence ruin our chances with any other FAs down the road - fine. But to me, there isn't a single contract yet in this FA season, which I said "[dang], I wish we got that". Except of course Curry, and maybe that weird Daniel Theis contract (which I will assess when the details of that first year guarantee come out - hard to believe that Danny has guaranteed him first year cash at the risk of not being able to give Hayward EVERY SINGLE PENNY available).
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2017, 01:24:53 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
wojespn: Sources on @ESPN: Carmelo Anthony is now open to waiving no-trade clause for Houston or Cleveland. es.pn/2tgNpg3

Slightly surprised he's open to playing for Mike dantoni .

« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2017, 01:34:48 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
wojespn: Sources on @ESPN: Carmelo Anthony is now open to waiving no-trade clause for Houston or Cleveland. es.pn/2tgNpg3

Slightly surprised he's open to playing for Mike dantoni .

Thankfully Boston isn't on that list.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2017, 01:41:30 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hill - Harris - Chandler - Millsap - Jokic

That'd be one of my favorite starting lineups in the league.

With Murray, Barton, Lyles, Plumlee off the bench.

Not a contender, but a real fun team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2017, 03:43:49 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
We appear to have entered a vicious circle.  The West is more talented than the East, so Western teams have to be more aggressive in improving their rosters, which leads to them poaching talent from the East, which makes the East weaker and lessens the need to improve, which makes teams more likely to blow it up and trade their best vets to the West.

Mike

It also makes the East open for us for years to come and 2018 LA pick (2-5) more possible.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2017, 04:59:31 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
>Free agent guard Justin Holiday has agreed to a two-year, $9 million deal with the Chicago Bulls, league sources tell The Vertical.

i somehow missed on this yesterday

« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2017, 05:32:15 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Why would Gallo not come back to that team?
Can they still pay him?

« Reply #297 on: July 03, 2017, 05:53:52 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

What if we trade Bradley and Crowder for Harris, Hernangomez and Faried?
Jokic can run the offense and the rest will bring great defense.

Hill - Bradley - Crowder - Millsap - Jokic

Bench: Murray, Barton, Chandler, Lyles, Plumlee.

« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Mike
Yes, and free agents also want to go to teams that are stronger which are out West.  The logic hold for both players and teams if you simply pretend GS and CLE do not exist.  Wouldn't that be nice...  ???  ;D

« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Mike

It also makes the East open for us for years to come and 2018 LA pick (2-5) more possible.
Starting when, 2020?  Like I just said, we can't pretend LeBron does not exist.