Author Topic: we were granted DPE 8.4 mil  (Read 14417 times)

Re: we were granted DPE 8.4 mil
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2017, 03:32:06 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Again, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but the DPE cannot be used on any player with an option on his contract after this year, which includes the 2014 draft class who will be restricted FAs.

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2017, 03:52:37 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Slim pickings.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2017, 04:29:23 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We'll probably wait until teams start to waive decent players and then outbid every contender by using that 8.4 M DPE on that player. We should get a decent guy I guess, waivers usually have some players that are waived because teams want to tank.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2017, 07:05:12 AM »

Offline stes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Boston and Philadelphia have been in "deep conversations" about a deal that would include Jahlil Okafor, league sources tell ESPN.

Per Woj via twitter. I didn’t see anyone mention it here. If true it would have to be with the use of DPE? I just wonder what pick would we be sending. Next two years 2nd rounders are top 55 protected so these picks might actually convey. Regardless they’ll have little value, not that Okafor has a lot of it. I don’t know if I would be willing to part with a first rounder. Is it possible to put such protections on a pick, that the Sixers would be getting the lowest of our 2019 1sts? I think it might be an OK deal. But then there have been further reports that they are also talking to Hornets, so maybe they are willing to offer a better deal?

Edit: the tweet I quoted is from @WojVerticalNBA, which is different then @WojESPN, so I guess nothing to see here... :/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:02:16 AM by stes »

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
barring injury to a guard or small forward I swear if we use this on anything but a rebounding big...

yes, we're a better rebounding team this yr. but if we lose any of our bigs for a long stretch we're hurting. we need depth there.

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Sleeper: Danny acquiring Dirk Nowitzki w/the Celtics rescinding the team option for 2018-19.

Interesting.  We would only need him to play spot minutes, and he could potentially close games for us.  However I still don’t see the Mavs trading him even as bad as they are.

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No rush for danny to use this

Wait until the trade deadline

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2017, 05:49:03 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
Again, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but the DPE cannot be used on any player with an option on his contract after this year, which includes the 2014 draft class who will be restricted FAs.

I don't believe this is the case - the players from that draft class are in the final year of their contracts (aside, of course, from the ones who got extensions). The QO isn't a contract option, it's just the minimum free agent offer a team has to make in order to get matching rights.

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I don't believe this is the case - the players from that draft class are in the final year of their contracts (aside, of course, from the ones who got extensions). The QO isn't a contract option, it's just the minimum free agent offer a team has to make in order to get matching rights.

Correct.  Any 2014 1st rounder who did not sign an extension is eligible.  Bruno Caboclo, baby!

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2017, 06:00:57 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum

Correct.  Any 2014 1st rounder who did not sign an extension is eligible.  Bruno Caboclo, baby!

I know this is meant as a joke, but there would actually be some value in getting the RFA rights to someone who isn't likely to get good offers over the summer, since Boston could dictate a contract that would be a useful trade chip (like they did with Zeller last summer). Now, not Caboclo, since he'll be out of the league in short order, but someone else from that first round might work.

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2017, 10:40:08 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Kyron and Tatum are working out so well, maybe we do need more Duke players.  8) 8) Jared Weiss wrote in his article that Okafor shouldn’t cost much but Jabari Parker could cost our best draft pick.

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2017, 12:03:37 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
If the Celtics are looking at Okafor then they are probably trading Morris for him.  Salaries match.  Perhaps Rozier will be included in deal along with Covington.

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
We'll probably wait until teams start to waive decent players and then outbid every contender by using that 8.4 M DPE on that player. We should get a decent guy I guess, waivers usually have some players that are waived because teams want to tank.

Waived players with more than one year on their waived contracts are eligible under the DPE if signed to a one year contract?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
How about Greg Kite? Just to get him out of the house.

TP!