Author Topic: Tatum Rookie of the Month  (Read 2168 times)

Tatum Rookie of the Month
« on: January 04, 2018, 07:53:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/celtics/news/sidebar/misc-010418-jayson-tatum-named-eastern-conference-rookie-month-december

The NBA announced Thursday that Boston Celtics forward Jayson Tatum has been named the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for games played during December.

Tatum played in 17 games over the course of the month and averaged 14.6 points and 5.9 rebounds per game while playing 32.0 minutes per contest. He shot 52.9 percent from the field, 45.1 percent from 3-point range and 81.9 percent from the free-throw line during that span.

Tatum led all Eastern Conference rookies with a total of 248 points over the course of the month, while also corralling the second-most rebounds (101).

Re: Tatum Rookie of the Month
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:06:32 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
awesome!  great job Jayson!!

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:41:57 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
well deserved and glad to see him gaining some recognition!!

if tatum keeps improving at his current pace he might end up as ROTY.

what a great story.  We knew we were getting a really good iso scorer but it is his other untouted facets of his game that have really helped this team -- namely Jayson's defense, rebounding, and 3 point shooting.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:21:09 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Thing I like most about Tatum so far is he seems to play within himself and the system. Sure hes trying things out but never at the determinant of the team. I really like what he's done on the defensive end as a rookie. Yes guys beat him off the dribble but I'm wondering if he allows it because he's so long he prefers to catch em.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong but so far so good for Tatum on both ends of the floor. Maybe he will hit a wall here soon and we will all be in panic mode.
ok fine

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:26 AM »

Offline estendius

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I have a debate with my friend. If Josh Jackson works out for us. Will Danny choose him ?
I think he still chooses Tatum. He will not trade #1 if he doesn't have a card in hand. The way he and CBS still want to work-out with JJ because they are very carefully. Some smokes and a plan B if Tatum is draft before #3.
Anyway, the rest is history. Welcome Tatum + LAL picks

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 10:14:07 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I have a debate with my friend. If Josh Jackson works out for us. Will Danny choose him ?
I think he still chooses Tatum. He will not trade #1 if he doesn't have a card in hand. The way he and CBS still want to work-out with JJ because they are very carefully. Some smokes and a plan B if Tatum is draft before #3.
Well, for what it’s worth, the organization has said multiple times that Tatum was their pick first overall. 

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 10:19:04 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Well, for what it’s worth, the organization has said multiple times that Tatum was their pick first overall.

Danny and co. were on a plane to California when Josh Jackson canceled his workout.  They're not making a flight across the country to watch a 1 hour workout for a guy they've watched thousands of hours of film on already if they're not interested in drafting him.

The Celtics got SUPER lucky Jackson canceled that workout.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Danny and co. were on a plane to California when Josh Jackson canceled his workout.  They're not making a flight across the country to watch a 1 hour workout for a guy they've watched thousands of hours of film on already if they're not interested in drafting him.

Um, yes the are making that trip.  It’s called due diligence.  Might Jackson have changed their mind?  Sure, anything is possible.  But if the team thought Jackson was the better prospect based on the hours of film, I guarantee you they would have picked him anyway (canceled workout or not).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:41:56 AM by droopdog7 »

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 05:26:19 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Um, yes the are making that trip.  It’s called due diligence.  Might Jackson have changed their mind?  Sure, anything is possible.  But if the team thought Jackson was the better prospect based on the hours of film, I guarantee you they would have picked him anyway (canceled workout or not).

Pass me some of what you're smoking.  If they weren't actually interested in Josh Jackson they would have done EXACTLY what they did with Lonzo and Fultz - invited him to Boston to work out then allowed him to refuse if he wanted.  Lonzo refused, Fultz came and worked out.   

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 01:42:33 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Pass me some of what you're smoking.  If they weren't actually interested in Josh Jackson they would have done EXACTLY what they did with Lonzo and Fultz - invited him to Boston to work out then allowed him to refuse if he wanted.  Lonzo refused, Fultz came and worked out.   
Not even sure what you’re trying to say?  You think they didn’t invite Jackson to Boston?  Clearly Jackson and his rep were playing their own game but invite him to Boston, fly cross country, not a big difference when we’re twlking about a billion dollar team gathering info to make a million dollar decision.  The fact that they were willing to fly cross country doesn’t mean all that much.  If the workout had happened, and Jackson blew their doors off enough to change their mind about Tatum then sure, they might have taken him.  But that doesn’t mean he was their guy or even had the workout happened, it would have changed their minds about tatum.

Like I said, it’s due diligence.  Even if they were very certain that Tatum was their guy, the team would b foolish not to do all the research possible.  And also like I said, if Jackson was their guy, then they would have picked him anyway.  I have not doubts about that.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Tatum is lying about his age

there is no way he is 19

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
He did great. DA is skipping all the way back to Boston.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 09:56:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

You do realize that Tatum could have been picked b4 we were up, right (no matter how unlikely it seemed)? Maybe they wanted to know about JJ if they lost out on Tatum. Maybe they thought Lakers or Philly saw what they saw in Tatum and he might be swooped up. It's not as if teams haven't taken a controversial pick over who they were thought to be taking b4.

Maybe we were really interested in JJ too but flying to meet him doesn't scream that they were equally as interested.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)