Author Topic: What’s Up, Doc?  (Read 4163 times)

Re: What’s Up, Doc?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2020, 10:30:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Looks like Doc is preparing to take over the Sixers:

https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1311464015894253568

We're going to be seeing a whole lot of him soon enough.
Can't wait to whoop Embiid, Simmons, Al and Doc :)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2020, 10:31:25 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Looks like Doc is preparing to take over the Sixers:

https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1311464015894253568

We're going to be seeing a whole lot of him soon enough.
Can't wait to whoop Embiid, Simmons, Al and Doc :)

Oh yeah, and you know Doc will play Al 40 minutes a night, he loves his vets!

I think Doc will be good for Embiid though, he's the type of coach Embiid needs to take that next step.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 10:38:01 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2020, 10:34:18 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
How about Doc takes the next season off and the deal for Stevens is “championship or back to college ball” followed by bringing back Doc and Thibs (no Knicks coach lasts)? We’re about to watch the Lakers tie us for total  championships, so clearly we cannot keep losing the ECFs. This is truly unacceptable. One more chance to win it all or he goes to be Coach K’s assistant and successor at Duke, totally saving face, and we go back to Doc with Ainge himself and Doc on the hot seat for 2021-2022?

Seriously, folks...we are not going to have the most championships of all-time in a matter of days and we better get our act together to not fall to number two, a once unthinkable event...
Have you watched basketball the past 8 years or so? Because Doc and Thibs haven't been good coaches for a long time. No way are they the solution to our problems.

Well, hopefully we don’t falter in the second-round to Doc and the 6ers because Jaylen does his best impression of Kyrie in the locker-room and Stevens doesn’t have that final ingredient to seal the deal.  How humiliating would it be to lose to the 76ers with Doc?
Yeah, because Jaylen Brown was the main reason we lost to Miami  ::). Since you're starting to sound like a broken record, I'll say this: explain why he failed so badly in Los Angeles. Where was that "final ingredient" there?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2020, 10:58:20 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
How about Doc takes the next season off and the deal for Stevens is “championship or back to college ball” followed by bringing back Doc and Thibs (no Knicks coach lasts)? We’re about to watch the Lakers tie us for total  championships, so clearly we cannot keep losing the ECFs. This is truly unacceptable. One more chance to win it all or he goes to be Coach K’s assistant and successor at Duke, totally saving face, and we go back to Doc with Ainge himself and Doc on the hot seat for 2021-2022?

Seriously, folks...we are not going to have the most championships of all-time in a matter of days and we better get our act together to not fall to number two, a once unthinkable event...
Have you watched basketball the past 8 years or so? Because Doc and Thibs haven't been good coaches for a long time. No way are they the solution to our problems.

Well, hopefully we don’t falter in the second-round to Doc and the 6ers because Jaylen does his best impression of Kyrie in the locker-room and Stevens doesn’t have that final ingredient to seal the deal.  How humiliating would it be to lose to the 76ers with Doc?
Yeah, because Jaylen Brown was the main reason we lost to Miami  ::). Since you're starting to sound like a broken record, I'll say this: explain why he failed so badly in Los Angeles. Where was that "final ingredient" there?

Simple: PG-13 is a loser and Kawhi knows it. Frankly, I bet if Kawhi knew we’d take him on in exchange for Brown, he’d force the trade in order to try to foil LeBron/AD next year. His Clippers move is a disaster because of PG-13.

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2020, 11:00:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Simple: PG-13 is a loser and Kawhi knows it. Frankly, I bet if Kawhi knew we’d take him on in exchange for Brown, he’d force the trade in order to try to foil LeBron/AD next year. His Clippers move is a disaster because of PG-13.
PG13 is not the only reason LAC lost. Doc failed to use Lou Will and Montrezl well, his defensive schemes were awful for containing Murray, and Jokic tore them apart. Doc is a perennial choke artist.

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2020, 11:07:24 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

PG13 is not the only reason LAC lost. Doc failed to use Lou Will and Montrezl well, his defensive schemes were awful for containing Murray, and Jokic tore them apart. Doc is a perennial choke artist.

Without Doc, KG and Ray don’t gel with PP, and Perk/Rondo probably don’t blossom, so without Doc we’d be a team with fewer championships than the Lakers (2008 under their belt, another three-peat for them 2008-2010).

We’ve won nothing without Doc. Not since the 1980s, anyway, and we’re now in the 2020s. He’s a player’s coach and we need someone like that, not Stevens. Hopefully I’m wrong but I can’t stand more than one more season of losing.

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2020, 11:08:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Without Doc, KG and Ray don’t gel with PP, and Perk/Rondo probably don’t blossom, so without Doc we’d be a team with fewer championships than the Lakers (2008 under their belt, another three-peat for them 2008-2010).

We’ve won nothing without Doc. He’s the player’s coach and we need someone like that, not Stevens. Hopefully I’m wrong but I can’t stand more than one season of no NBA Finals appearance.
Or, conversely, we win 2010 with someone other than Doc

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2020, 11:12:05 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

We’ve won nothing without Doc. He’s the player’s coach and we need someone like that, not Stevens. Hopefully I’m wrong but I can’t stand more than one season of no NBA Finals appearance.
His players practically mutinied on him. What a "players coach". Who cares what he did over a decade ago? What did his teams look like before he got gifted the best team in the league? What did he do with those Blake and CP3 teams? What did he do this year? Nothing but choked playoffs series.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2020, 06:18:32 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15

We’ve won nothing without Doc. Not since the 1980s, anyway, and we’re now in the 2020s. He’s a player’s coach and we need someone like that, not Stevens. Hopefully I’m wrong but I can’t stand more than one more season of losing.

Is this a joke? You do know PP, KG, And Ray only have 1 ring right? Listen ONE RING. Doc was only able to get 1 dang ring with that roster and couldn’t get far enough In the playoffs with some stacked clippers team’s... you have to be joking man lol. Doc has always been overrated in my opinion.

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2020, 08:29:16 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Do y’all just not pay attention to the rest of the league?

I’ve seen Doc rivers who’s won 3 playoff series in 8 years and Nate McMillan who has won 3 playoff GAMES in 4 trips to the playoffs suggested as replacements for Brad Stevens.

I know it’s easier to say fire the coach than it is look at roster issues or have patience, but cmon now. Grass isn’t always greener. A coach’s ability to not be Brad Stevens doesn’t make human good coach.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2020, 08:45:56 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Brad is an amazing defensive minded coach but he needs crazy help on offense. He really just lets those boys do whatever they want on offense and they aren’t mature/experienced enough to handle that.

Celtics strongly need an on court coach to fix the offense. If the Celtics ran a real offense and focused on getting the best shot available (closer to the rim) they would be UNSTOPPABLE. Idk if doc is a better offensive coach or not, but them boys need help but need to keep Brad. 

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2020, 10:21:17 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Philly grabbed Doc before Ainge could even think about him--just like they grabbed Horford.

But Ainge is between a rock and a hard place on Stevens, who may have plateaued.

He probably realizes he needs a Bill Russell clone to defend the paint for a title, but the coach looks like a hard sell.

Doc may have been more sympathetic.

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 02:49:43 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Philly grabbed Doc before Ainge could even think about him--just like they grabbed Horford.

But Ainge is between a rock and a hard place on Stevens, who may have plateaued.

He probably realizes he needs a Bill Russell clone to defend the paint for a title, but the coach looks like a hard sell.

Doc may have been more sympathetic.

Doc wanted out .... Forced his way out ... He is not getting back