Author Topic: Sorry, But Where Is Baynes??  (Read 2007 times)

Re: Sorry, But Where Is Baynes??
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 06:39:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Horford needed to rest/sit more because he wasn't doing well. Baynes should have still been in. Brad missed that.

This is easy to say in retrospect.  Neither one of them played well.  It's not unreasonable to think that Horford has a better chance of getting it going (and certainly a greater impact if he does) than Baynes. 

It didn't work out for us.  But IMO the takeaway is that Horford needs to have a greater impact on the game, not that Brad made a mistake playing him over Baynes.
But it's not in retrospect as people including myself had called for Baynes in game threads. Horford is better rested. Baynes helps rebounds. Not hard

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 11:35:40 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I can't presume to tell Brad how to do his job but I had little optimism with Monroe in.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 09:14:48 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Brad was looking for a spark. When the team is behind and the usual rotation isn't getting it done, coaches will often put a guy in and see if he can make a difference. It happened with Nance a few times, he's not that good, but on several occasions in this series, he has given the Cavs a bit of a spark. He plays a different game than love, more athletic, faster, higher energy. He can't shoot nearly as well, but he defends better. Monroe is a bad defender, but sometimes he can give you some post offense and he passes well. In game 2 of the Philly series, he really helped turn things around in his brief stint.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 07:45:02 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
baynes needs to play more plain n' simple.

and if green playing more dictates less mins. for baynes that's a poor coaching decision by stevens. I don't think green is that good that you have to change things that much, sure he's played well in a couple games but if history tells us anything jeff green is consistently inconsistent.

not the kinda guy you go changing your game plan for.