Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 216929 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2019, 08:23:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Another L for the lakers... now in the 8th spot and lebron still out for a couple more games.

They'll still probably make it, but right now they are 2 games back of the 7th seeded Blazers, Spurs, Rockets (who are all heating up), and the Jazz are also heating up and just a game behind them. I had predicted they'd finish the 5th or 6th seed in the West (which some people thought was crazy and that they'd be Top-3), but the gap between them and the GSW/DEN/OKC current Top-3 trio is just growing and LBJ is still out for some time.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #946 on: January 08, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

« Reply #947 on: January 08, 2019, 03:03:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814507-their-futures-uncertain-kevin-love-cavs-may-be-stuck-with-each-other?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Is Kevin Love a dinosaur? I would like to see him on the rockets.

Kevin Love is no longer a starting caliber player in the NBA. Heck, I'm not sure if Love is even that good of a bench player.

As much as centers have been downgraded in recent times, power forwards have had an even time of it. They are either (1) quick enough and athletic enough to matchup against the SFs that now frequently play at PF (2) big enough and athletic enough to matchup against center, or, (3) get phased out.

Kevin Love is in the third category. He simply cannot defend anyone at any position. His offensive game is good but it is more readily contained by the athletic SFs that defend him on the perimeter than the slow footed PFs who were less able perimeter defenders that Love feasted on 5 years ago. Love simply isn't good enough (dominant) on offense to justify his lousy defense anymore.

That means he needs to be sent to the bench. Permanently.

So yes, Love is a dinosaur.

« Reply #948 on: January 08, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814507-their-futures-uncertain-kevin-love-cavs-may-be-stuck-with-each-other?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Kevin Love is no longer a starting caliber player in the NBA. Heck, I'm not sure if Love is even that good of a bench player.

As much as centers have been downgraded in recent times, power forwards have had an even time of it. They are either (1) quick enough and athletic enough to matchup against the SFs that now frequently play at PF (2) big enough and athletic enough to matchup against center, or, (3) get phased out.

Kevin Love is in the third category. He simply cannot defend anyone at any position. His offensive game is good but it is more readily contained by the athletic SFs that defend him on the perimeter than the slow footed PFs who were less able perimeter defenders that Love feasted on 5 years ago. Love simply isn't good enough (dominant) on offense to justify his lousy defense anymore.

I feel like Chris bosh would be in the same boat as Kevin love because of this

« Reply #949 on: January 08, 2019, 03:56:56 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

An injury prone one with a very bad contract.   

« Reply #950 on: January 08, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Only $30M/yr through the end of the 2022-23 season. I am still unsure of why CLE gave him that extension, but they have made a # of questionable contract decisions the past several years.

« Reply #951 on: January 08, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Only $30M/yr through the end of the 2022-23 season. I am still unsure of why CLE gave him that extension, but they have made a # of questionable contract decisions the past several years.

I feel like i remember reading speculation that they are hosting the all star game in the next few seasons and wanted to have an all star for it. Not sure if that is true. If it is, terrible reason for the contract.

« Reply #952 on: January 08, 2019, 05:07:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Speaking of Love, OJ Mayo’s playing in Taiwan now

« Reply #953 on: January 08, 2019, 05:19:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I feel like i remember reading speculation that they are hosting the all star game in the next few seasons and wanted to have an all star for it. Not sure if that is true. If it is, terrible reason for the contract.

They wanted an Allstar to dole out for their new renovated Quicken Loans arena. But agree, still a dumb decision.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #954 on: January 08, 2019, 09:43:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Nerlens Noel taking a hard hit to the head. Looks serious.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #955 on: January 08, 2019, 09:44:39 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Nerlens Noel taking a hard hit to the head. Looks serious.

He looked unconscious for a bit.  Scary. 

« Reply #956 on: January 08, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Come on Phoenix!

« Reply #957 on: January 08, 2019, 11:21:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Oubre is a solid, scrappy player. I've always liked him coming out of college, even in his crazy, Kelly-on-Kelly crime days in Washington.  ;D

« Reply #958 on: January 08, 2019, 11:22:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Oubre is a solid, scrappy player. I've always liked him coming out of college, even in his crazy, Kelly-on-Kelly crime days in Washington.  ;D

And he puts the game away with the tip slam, helping us out and beating the Kings!

« Reply #959 on: January 08, 2019, 11:33:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Anyone see the T-wolves celebrating like they just won the title?