Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 244036 times)

Re: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)
« Reply #1845 on: November 23, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Reminds me of Tyrus Thomas
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1846 on: November 23, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Reminds me of Tyrus Thomas
But with a brain😁

« Reply #1847 on: November 23, 2019, 01:55:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm loving the growth so far from Timelord.

He's definitely carving himself out a nice role for this season with the extra opportunities he's gotten given our frontcourt injuries
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1848 on: November 23, 2019, 04:03:04 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I remember the anonymous write up on Celticsblog from a team executive or something

Had zero expectations for this year

He’s no Jordan Mickey JaJuan Johnson (insert other bust) after all! Or is it too early for that conclusion

« Reply #1849 on: November 23, 2019, 04:09:01 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
I remember the anonymous write up on Celticsblog from a team executive or something

Had zero expectations for this year

He’s no Jordan Mickey JaJuan Johnson (insert other bust) after all! Or is it too early for that conclusion

He has already contributed more than Johnson or Mickey ever did.

I’m excited about the kid.  I don’t entirely trust him for big minutes yet, but he flashes ability and intelligence amid the young mistakes.  He could be very good for us if he keeps working and stays healthy.

« Reply #1850 on: November 23, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
What has surprised me the most is his court vision. I mean, we already knew he's a good rim protector. Personally speaking, I didn't expect him to be a good passer as well. He's averaging 1.5 assist and 0.8 t/o in just 14.2 mins per game. That's 3.8 assists per 36 mins, which is an elite number for a Center.

Hope he gets more playing time. I have nothing against Theis, but he's not a long term option for us at the 5. Timelord on the other hand has the potential to become a starting-caliber center in this league for years to come.

« Reply #1851 on: November 23, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
What has surprised me the most is his court vision. I mean, we already knew he's a good rim protector. Personally speaking, I didn't expect him to be a good passer as well. He's averaging 1.5 assist and 0.8 t/o in just 14.2 mins per game. That's 3.8 assists per 36 mins, which is an elite number for a Center.

Hope he gets more playing time. I have nothing against Theis, but he's not a long term option for us at the 5. Timelord on the other hand has the potential to become a starting-caliber center in this league for years to come.
Some of his high assist numbers has to be attributed to the fact that if he's not dunking the ball he is automatically looking to pass.  The passing ability is very nice but I'll be happier when he's a little more of a threat to score.

« Reply #1852 on: November 23, 2019, 09:55:33 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Just wanted to bump this thread.  vs. Denver:  4 pts on 2-2 shooting, 4 rbs, 2 blocks, and +2 in 15 minutes.  Covering Jokic was no easy task but I thought RWIII did well on that end.  He seems to be improving a little bit every game.

Another area to watch is steals.

The best stat I know of for steals is steal%, for which he leads the team. (He also leads the team in steals per 36 and steals per 100 possessions).

Predictions that he’ll spend more time in the G-League than the NBA have not been borne out. In fact, he’s been a rotation player from game 1.
Yup. I will happily admit I was dead and completely wrong about that. Yes, he showed hints in SL and preseason, but I was judging him on how slow his growth was from his freshman year at A&M through to the end of last year and he barely grew his game.

Sometimes guys take a while but Robert took a very large leap forward. I expected this next year with this being a learning year. I was a year off. Next year he is this team's starting center, so I don't think we see a trade for a starting quality big this year.

I underestimated him, too. I predicted that he wouldn’t be in the rotation until February. Given good health, I expect that you’re right about him starting next year. I think that you’re right about the brain farts, too, but he’s got a chance to be really special.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

Two nice shots for Williams
« Reply #1853 on: November 29, 2019, 05:15:20 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
A jumper and a jump hook his nicest shot this season-
In summer league he got pulled for taking a wide open mid range. Today they dared him and he took and made it .Nothing  but net !!!
He was getting passes  at his knees in traffic.
He needs to learn how carve out space.  All in good time.
Those two shots were a EPIC beginning of offensive growth.

Re: Two nice shots for Williams
« Reply #1854 on: November 29, 2019, 05:18:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The defenses say off on him so much he has little choice. Good to see he made them.

He played poorly in 1st half. Well in 2nd, particularly in last quarter.

Our bigs got clobbered by theirs overall.

Re: Two nice shots for Williams
« Reply #1855 on: November 29, 2019, 07:26:40 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
A jumper and a jump hook his nicest shot this season-
In summer league he got pulled for taking a wide open mid range. Today they dared him and he took and made it .Nothing  but net !!!
He was getting passes  at his knees in traffic.
He needs to learn how carve out space.  All in good time.
Those two shots were a EPIC beginning of offensive growth.

That was one real bright spot in an otherwise disappointing afternoon. You love to see it.

« Reply #1856 on: December 09, 2019, 03:18:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Saw Williams is out tonight (12/9) with a hip issue.  Could be a multi-game absence, as I have an inside scoop that Tacko is likely to travel with the Celtics to Indiana on Wednesday.

« Reply #1857 on: December 09, 2019, 03:19:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Saw Williams is out tonight (12/9) with a hip issue.  Could be a multi-game absence, as I have an inside scoop that Tacko is likely to travel with the Celtics to Indiana on Wednesday.

Tough week to be losing Williams with both IND & PHI this week. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1858 on: December 09, 2019, 03:33:22 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I know im in the minority here but Williams is nothing more than a end of bench guy..i really see no improvement and reminds me of Tyrus Thomas..he will bounce around the league
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1859 on: December 10, 2019, 04:24:19 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I know im in the minority here but Williams is nothing more than a end of bench guy..i really see no improvement and reminds me of Tyrus Thomas..he will bounce around the league

Im not surprised at all given all your posts.