Author Topic: Dell Demps OUT at NOLA  (Read 5842 times)

Re: Dell Demps OUT at NOLA
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2019, 04:01:53 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Now ownership can take Lakers package in the summer viewing that the Celtics offer is not that exceptional to them.

Kuzma is an enticing piece.
I still have Kuzma 3rd as he really is basically the same player and hasn't shown much improvement from his rookie to 2nd year.  Ingram still has the highest potential and I honestly believe Ball has more top end potential than Kuzma.  Kuzma is far more likely to be a better player than Ball, especially with the health issues of Ball, but if you told me that between Kuzma and Ball only 1 of them would make an All NBA Team, I'd say it was Ball.

I would disagree highly with both statements.
Kuzma would have to drastically improve his efficiency, average more rebounds, and have a consistent rate of 4-5 assists per game.
I just don’t see it with Kuzma. He’s a shot chucker, who also takes a lot of 3’s. Sure, he has great footwork and post awareness, but he will probably never make All NBA. Making the All-NBA is almost impossible, and literally last year so many talented players got left off All-NBA. Damian Lillard in 2017 is a perfect example.

Ball? Sure… He could make it in the same sense Draymond did…. Being the best passer/defender on a contending team, which based on recent evidence, and immense dislike for Lakers tampering/front office questionable actions, I don't see this happening any time soon… Both players would need to make a quantum leap to even be considered for All-NBA.
For perspective…

Rajon Rondo made it in 2011-2012, and he averaged 11.9 PPG, 11.7 APG, 1.8 SPG, and 4.7 RPG. He was in the conversation for top 3 PG, and while he couldn’t shoot 3’s/mid range game was still developing, he was a defensive savant that forced havoc on passing lanes. And he didn't even get further than All NBA 3rd team.
I believe Ball is 2x the defender Rondo is, plus he seems more engaged, and lets defense become his calling card. But gone are the days where players, especially point guards that are ‘pure,’ passers, can be great defenders, average high in assists, and make the All NBA.
it appears you agree with me

Well your original premise is that Ball could eventually make All-NBA, my dispute is neither is talented enough to ever win All-NBA, and chances of Ball winning it would be almost impossible considering he cannot score, beat players off the dribble, not good enough handles to break down defenses, and his shooting/FT % is awful.

I simply noted that the last 'pure,' and we aren't talking about CP3, since he's more of a combo pass/scoring guard, and the last pure point guard in similar mold/body was Rajon Rondo.
That wasn't actually my premise, however you then said he could make like Draymond.  It appears you aren't quite sure what you are trying to say.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2019, 04:46:55 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Ownership has final say on all trade transactions it wouldn’t matter what deal a GM agrees to. Demps blew it long ago and the minute AD wanted out he was gone with him.

Anyone know if Ainge and Ferry have a good relationship?

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2019, 04:49:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ownership has final say on all trade transactions it wouldn’t matter what deal a GM agrees to. Demps blew it long ago and the minute AD wanted out he was gone with him.

Anyone know if Ainge and Ferry have a good relationship?

did they spit nails and each other when Ferry was at Atlanta ? or maybe Im thunking of sumbuddy erlse

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 06:29:03 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 06:42:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Now ownership can take Lakers package in the summer viewing that the Celtics offer is not that exceptional to them.

I still have Kuzma 3rd as he really is basically the same player and hasn't shown much improvement from his rookie to 2nd year.  Ingram still has the highest potential and I honestly believe Ball has more top end potential than Kuzma.  Kuzma is far more likely to be a better player than Ball, especially with the health issues of Ball, but if you told me that between Kuzma and Ball only 1 of them would make an All NBA Team, I'd say it was Ball.

Kuzma would have to drastically improve his efficiency, average more rebounds, and have a consistent rate of 4-5 assists per game.
I just don’t see it with Kuzma. He’s a shot chucker, who also takes a lot of 3’s. Sure, he has great footwork and post awareness, but he will probably never make All NBA. Making the All-NBA is almost impossible, and literally last year so many talented players got left off All-NBA. Damian Lillard in 2017 is a perfect example.

Ball? Sure… He could make it in the same sense Draymond did…. Being the best passer/defender on a contending team, which based on recent evidence, and immense dislike for Lakers tampering/front office questionable actions, I don't see this happening any time soon… Both players would need to make a quantum leap to even be considered for All-NBA.
For perspective…

Rajon Rondo made it in 2011-2012, and he averaged 11.9 PPG, 11.7 APG, 1.8 SPG, and 4.7 RPG. He was in the conversation for top 3 PG, and while he couldn’t shoot 3’s/mid range game was still developing, he was a defensive savant that forced havoc on passing lanes. And he didn't even get further than All NBA 3rd team.
I believe Ball is 2x the defender Rondo is, plus he seems more engaged, and lets defense become his calling card. But gone are the days where players, especially point guards that are ‘pure,’ passers, can be great defenders, average high in assists, and make the All NBA.

Well your original premise is that Ball could eventually make All-NBA, my dispute is neither is talented enough to ever win All-NBA, and chances of Ball winning it would be almost impossible considering he cannot score, beat players off the dribble, not good enough handles to break down defenses, and his shooting/FT % is awful.

I simply noted that the last 'pure,' and we aren't talking about CP3, since he's more of a combo pass/scoring guard, and the last pure point guard in similar mold/body was Rajon Rondo.
That wasn't actually my premise, however you then said he could make like Draymond.  It appears you aren't quite sure what you are trying to say.

I'm just gonna come out and say that no Lakers players will make the All NBA.

Ingram? Extremely unlikely given the amount of talented wings in the east.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2019, 10:24:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

For perspective…

I'm just gonna come out and say that no Lakers players will make the All NBA.

Ingram? Extremely unlikely given the amount of talented wings in the east.
Sure, and I agree with you.  Which was my point all along.  As I said you agree with me despite claiming you didn't. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
This doesn't affect AD at all

It was an expected move the second AD said he wants out. Plus the GM does not matter much in the grand schemes of a superstar trade. Superstar trades are ownership-level decisions.

I guess what I meant is will this affect which teams will have a leg up in trade talks?  Obviously AD is out the door regardless of who the GM is, but with the narrative that Demps didn't want to deal with the Lakers maybe a new guy in charge increases their odds?  I personally think the anti-LA narrative is BS as the Pels just wanted to wait until summer to see the Celtics and possibly the Knicks with Zion at the table.  But you never know...

I don't think Demps was making any decisions at all prior to the deadline.  From what I read ownership was calling the shots and Demps days were numbered as it was.

Yeah Mickey Loomis and ownership were making the decisions, and it's likely that Loomis who works in a less 'labor-friendly' sport and to an extent ownership didn't want to deal with the Lakers.  Honestly I doubt anyone wanted to deal with LA.

It's 100% that if ownership wanted to take the Lakers offer, AD would be in LA.  0% chance Demps went rogue and ignored the Lakers / his own owner.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 10:58:14 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Per Woj:

New Orleans owner Gayle Benson has been angry over the Davis trade demand and her belief that "outside forces" are trying to push the franchise into decisions that don't make sense for it, league sources said.

Her mandate has been to "take back control from outside forces," one league source told ESPN. Benson has been adamant with the organization to find a pathway to sustainable winning in one of the league's smallest markets, and plans to be aggressive in pursuing the best available candidates to oversee basketball operations, league sources said.

Among preliminary possible candidates, league sources tell ESPN: former Cleveland GM David Griffin.

So, Gayle, you would consider hiring the GM that helped Lebron build his title team in Cleveland, and Lebron is the guy who just screwed you with AD? 

How exactly is that "taking back control from outside forces" ? 

They can't be serious with this ****.  Wow, I can't believe a team led by these idiots isn't at the top of a cutthroat $100 billion industry with the world's smartest. 

Stunning.  I also heard that Ben Simmons can actually shoot 45% on 3's off the dribble, but he's just a great teammate who doesn't want JJ Reddick to feel bad or unspecial.  Once JJ leaves he'll pull a Chitwood and lead the league in 3pt %.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07