Author Topic: 2020 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 112154 times)

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2020, 04:50:37 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Next 3 hours going be interesting until draft starts..see if any trades will be made
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2020, 04:50:58 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Woah, that's huge. If the rejection was on our side, that's very disappointing. I'd trade Smart for the 2nd pick no question.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2020, 04:52:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
The Celtics and Warriors discussed a deal that would send Marcus Smart to the Warriors for the No. 2 pick, but ultimately talks fell through, league sources tell
@ActionNetworkHQ

Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
·
5m
Replying to
@HPbasketball
 and
@ActionNetworkHQ
Not clear on which side ended those talks, and I absoolutely do NOT think this means the Celtics are shopping Smart any more than they shop everyone all the time because the front office does their dilligance.

The belief among league observers is that the Celtics have targeted Memphis center James Wiseman, looking to upgrade their frontcourt while keeping their core together. The Celtics have also entertained talks for Gordon Hayward in a potential sign-and-trade and Kemba Walker.

None of this is exceptional given that Celtics general manager Danny Ainge haS a long-standing history of making all players available in trade talks in pursuit of upgrades. The Celtics’ request of a No. 2 pick, even in a weak draft, is a sign of how much they value Smart.
Are 'The Action Network' (a Twitter account about betting) and Matt Moore, one of their writers, guys of note? Never heard of them before
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2020, 04:53:25 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
The Celtics and Warriors discussed a deal that would send Marcus Smart to the Warriors for the No. 2 pick, but ultimately talks fell through, league sources tell
@ActionNetworkHQ

Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
·
5m
Replying to
@HPbasketball
 and
@ActionNetworkHQ
Not clear on which side ended those talks, and I absoolutely do NOT think this means the Celtics are shopping Smart any more than they shop everyone all the time because the front office does their dilligance.

The belief among league observers is that the Celtics have targeted Memphis center James Wiseman, looking to upgrade their frontcourt while keeping their core together. The Celtics have also entertained talks for Gordon Hayward in a potential sign-and-trade and Kemba Walker.

None of this is exceptional given that Celtics general manager Danny Ainge haS a long-standing history of making all players available in trade talks in pursuit of upgrades. The Celtics’ request of a No. 2 pick, even in a weak draft, is a sign of how much they value Smart.

sorry again didnt see this when u posted

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2020, 04:53:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
@ActionNetworkHQ

Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
·
5m
Replying to
@HPbasketball
 and
@ActionNetworkHQ

Are 'The Action Network' (a Twitter account about betting) and Matt Moore, one of their writers, guys of note? Never heard of them before

Matt Moore tweets under Hardwood Paroxysm.  He posts some good stuff. He's not Woj or Shams on the breaking news front but I find him to be a pretty solid NBA writer.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2020, 04:54:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
@ActionNetworkHQ

Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
·
5m
Replying to
@HPbasketball
 and
@ActionNetworkHQ

Matt Moore tweets under Hardwood Paroxysm.  He posts some good stuff. He's not Woj or Shams on the breaking news front but I find him to be a pretty solid NBA writer.
Cool, thanks.

Very interesting if it's true. I think I would have traded Smart for #2 myself

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2020, 04:58:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
All of these rumors mean one of two things:

1) It's mostly, if not all, misdirection and Ainge will make a big, unexpected trade (á la KG); or

2) Ainge will just draft three guys who will be mostly useless in their rookie season.

Me, I'm expecting No. 2.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2020, 05:15:02 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
if ainge won't even part with smart for the high pick, ainge doesn't really want to do anything unless he fleeces a team again.  i'm pretty over watching this whole charade year after year.

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2020, 05:20:13 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
if ainge won't even part with smart for the high pick, ainge doesn't really want to do anything unless he fleeces a team again.  i'm pretty over watching this whole charade year after year.

Me too.  The ainge stevens era needs to end

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2020, 05:26:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
@ActionNetworkHQ

Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
·
5m
Replying to
@HPbasketball
 and
@ActionNetworkHQ

Cool, thanks.

Bill Simmons proposed this a couple of weeks ago, to his credit.

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2020, 05:30:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
@ActionNetworkHQ

Hardwood Paroxysm
@HPbasketball
·
5m
Replying to
@HPbasketball
 and
@ActionNetworkHQ

Cool, thanks.

Bill Simmons proposed this a couple of weeks ago, to his credit.
If you think I'm going to give Bill Simmons credit after him saying the '20 Lakers beat the '08 Celtics you've got another thing coming!

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2020, 05:33:52 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Woah, that's huge. If the rejection was on our side, that's very disappointing. I'd trade Smart for the 2nd pick no question.

Same, which makes me doubt that that was ever on the table. I would have a lot harder time doing Smart+the 3 picks for #2, so I would expect that's closer to fair value/to what GSW was asking for
I'm bitter.

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2020, 05:34:03 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I don’t see anybody in this draft that would help this roster more than Smart on his current deal.

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2020, 05:38:13 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I don’t see anybody in this draft that would help this roster more than Smart on his current deal.
I'd say Wiseman has a chance of being a better player than Smart. After that, I'm not too sure.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2020, 05:39:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'd say Wiseman has a chance of being a better player than Smart. After that, I'm not too sure.
I think there are lots of players with chances of being better than Smart to be honest. Wiseman obviously, but I also think Avdija and Hayes could be better than Smart