Author Topic: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14  (Read 35495 times)

Re: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
So, are we gonna need 4th quarter miracles in every game?
This is annoying...sorry
man, imagine if we weren't 8-1 eh?

denver is quality team now that they have a legit PG, i didn't really expect this one to be anywhere close to easy.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Need to play better D. Letting them take over a little too much.

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
we're pathetic

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
what is the purpose of this lineup right now?

its to late to be running 4 bench players and pierce out thier....
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
It pretty much seems like doc wants to lose this game

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2008, 10:10:20 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
This is annoying...sorry

denver is quality team now that they have a legit PG, i didn't really expect this one to be anywhere close to easy.
Im not trying to pick Rondo apart here but i was thinking about certain players today hitting their "ceiling".Rondo came to mind when i thought about it.People are predicting him to get a whole lot better but maybe he has reached almost his peak?I might be wrong but its a thought.Every player doesnt necessarily get a whole lot better in their careers,thats why we have role players that make a living at it.Think about it,would Rondo be the starting pg for any other top tier teams in the NBA?I mean maybe we are expecting him to give us more than he can.

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2008, 10:12:43 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
This is annoying...sorry

Im not trying to pick Rondo apart here but i was thinking about certain players today hitting their "ceiling".Rondo came to mind when i thought about it.People are predicting him to get a whole lot better but maybe he has reached almost his peak?I might be wrong but its a thought.Every player doesnt necessarily get a whole lot better in their careers,thats why we have role players that make a living at it.Think about it,would Rondo be the starting pg for any other top tier teams in the NBA?I mean maybe we are expecting him to give us more than he can.

I'll give him till his 5th season to make that anywhere near that call. most players don't get close to thier ceiling till then.

Rondo would be starting his senior year in college right now.

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Run, let up, run, let up. Let's just finish this please.

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
This is annoying...sorry

Good Point...I dont know man, Ive been a huge rondo supporter, but seriously he has looked like garbage this season, and thats putting it nicely

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
we're pathetic

I'm in love with this pathetic team.  They should win this game, just play some D and it's there for them.  If they don't, I still love them, and they are the farthest thing from pathetic that I've ever seen.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
This is annoying...sorry

Good Point...I dont know man, Ive been a huge rondo supporter, but seriously he has looked like garbage this season, and thats putting it nicely

are you serious?

He had a great opening to the season, then a bad 2 game stretch, and then back to good. and he had 10 assist last night....

He's having an awful night tonight, but seriously, overreact much?

i mean, i brought this up in another thread, what other 4th option averages 10/6/6 on offense with 2.5+ steals?

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2008, 10:17:47 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
This is annoying...sorry

are you serious?

He had a great opening to the season, and he had 10 assist last night....

He's having an awful night tonight, but seriously, overreact much?

yeah, probably...  ??? ... he looked great in the opener imo..other than that..ick

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
Somethings not right here...we cant stop kenyon martin?

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2008, 10:19:17 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Somethings not right here...we cant stop kenyon martin?

Yeah KG needs to take this personally and step up to the challenge. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
also, this is why i loved the trade for us. DEN isn't good enough to come out of the west, and billups is a HU-UGE problem for us.

Glad we won't see him in the playoffs this year