Author Topic: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14  (Read 35813 times)

Re: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The media is going to point to Chauncy this and Melo that....but it was Nene and JR Smith that won this game for the Nuggets.

« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2008, 10:46:56 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I really don't understand why O'Bryant isn't getting run. He should be playing at least 20-25 mins per game. Perk looked awful.

It really showed tonight, as Powe and Davis were consistently outworked by Nene, Balkman, and anyone else in a Denver uniform.

« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2008, 10:48:57 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I really don't understand why O'Bryant isn't getting run. He should be playing at least 20-25 mins per game. Perk looked awful.

It really showed tonight, as Powe and Davis were consistently outworked by Nene, Balkman, and anyone else in a Denver uniform.

because he's lazy, doesn't run the court on breaks, and doesn't work in practice.

he wouldn't have done donkey in 20-25 minutes this game, he's not a good player right now.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
when martin (i beleive) hurt his ankle and was clearly in pain just trying to get out of the game Rondo got the ball right under the basket just the two of them. and instead of going at the guy not even trying to cover him he just ran away from the net back to the point. if he keeps doing this i'm gonna lose control. its like he's scared to even try to shoot. first 3 games hes driving, getting to the line, being aggresive, now he drives dribbles along the baseline then back out to the top.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

i thought perk played well, got to alot of rebounds and took his guy to the hoop when it was within the offense. i partially agree about POB, but you can't just put in a big sleepy giant becuase you need more bigs.

Leon powe failed tonight

tony barely got ANY touches.

EDDIE IS THE MAN. but ultimately a waste of two very hot hands.

« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2008, 10:50:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Did anyone have any doubt that Perk was going to turn it over when he got the ball at the top of the key down 2?

Denver played a nice game and got their hands on a ton of balls. 

Celts played with fire one too many times this week I guess.

Get em next time...

Denver seems way much more comfy with Billups than Detroit does with Iverson
Yup

« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2008, 10:51:39 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
when martin (i beleive) hurt his ankle and was clearly in pain just trying to get out of the game Rondo got the ball right under the basket just the two of them. and instead of going at the guy not even trying to cover him he just ran away from the net back to the point. if he keeps doing this i'm gonna lose control. its like he's scared to even try to shoot. first 3 games hes driving, getting to the line, being aggresive, now he drives dribbles along the baseline then back out to the top.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

i thought perk played well, got to alot of rebounds and took his guy to the hoop when it was within the offense. i partially agree about POB, but you can't just put in a big sleepy giant becuase you need more bigs.

Leon powe failed tonight

tony barely got ANY touches.

EDDIE IS THE MAN. but ultimately a waste of two very hot hands.

i meant that tonights game was a waste of ray and eddie having the hot hands.

« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2008, 10:52:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
i think its a matter of time to waive or put scal on the injured list and bring guys like walker and obryant in to see what they can do. We need their services and now is as good as time early in the year to experiment with their capabilities. The way rivers is using them, it feels like there is only a week left in the season and thats not the case.

I definitely don't think scal needs to be waived, but I agree it would be nice to give some PT to the younger guys to help them develop.  I guess in blowouts they will get some PT(like tonight, when POB and Pruitt got some PT -- you know, tonight being a blowout and all...)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2008, 10:53:19 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Turnovers turnovers turnovers.

3 times down the stretch the C's coughed up the ball by stopping the dribble and holding the ball to get swarmed: PP, Powe, Perk.  keep the ball moving and rotate!
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2008, 10:53:52 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown

because he's lazy, doesn't run the court on breaks, and doesn't work in practice.

he wouldn't have done donkey in 20-25 minutes this game, he's not a good player right now.

I'd like to see him "not do anything" in a real game than to focus on what he has or hasn't been in practice.  He's a legit 7-footer, wasting away on our bench.

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Seemed to me that the only times we made a run was when Perk was on the floor. Our trademark defensive intensity was absent for 70% of the game. We looked like fat cats out there, turning it on and off. Unfortunately, that has been a very consistent thing so far this year. It is pretty early, and it is only one game. We are 7-2. Lots of positives, but this team is clearly not as good as last year's team at this point. We do not need to be a championship level team yet, but will need to be much better than this when that time comes.

Everyone played poorly tonight, but our bench is average at best compared to lots of teams in this league.

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2008, 10:56:48 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Seemed to me that the only times we made a run was when Perk was on the floor. Our trademark defensive intensity was absent for 70% of the game. We looked like fat cats out there, turning it on and off. Unfortunately, that has been a very consistent thing so far this year. It is pretty early, and it is only one game. We are 7-2. Lots of positives, but this team is clearly not as good as last year's team at this point. We do not need to be a championship level team yet, but will need to be much better than this when that time comes.

Everyone played poorly tonight, but our bench is average at best compared to lots of teams in this league.

we're 8-2, not to nit pick.

also, as to POB. what, pray tell, has he ever done in his career to get the term "legit 7 footer"

he's a busted draft pick we picked up as a project. do you know how bad you have to be to have doc ragging on you to the press about "theirs Celtics effort, and then theirs Patrick effort" to the press?

doc even protects scal in the media for crissake.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Why in the world is Perk getting the ball at the top of the key at that point in the game. He was just popping out because Eddie picked up his dribble. As a former point gaurd and coach, that one falls on the point gaurd for putting your post player in a very poor situation.

« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Why in the world is Perk getting the ball at the top of the key at that point in the game. He was just popping out because Eddie picked up his dribble. As a former point gaurd and coach, that one falls on the point gaurd for putting your post player in a very poor situation.

he also got fouled to death, balkman punched up through his arm 3 times before getting the steal.

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2008, 11:01:55 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
Pretty simple...

Legit 7-footer meaning he is legitimately 7 feet tall. Not a posted 6'10 as Perk is listed, but 7 feet. he's averaged a hulking 5 mins per game, I believe appearing in 2 games so far this year. If I read that stat right during the game.

Doc has never liked young players. For this game, at least, I think it bit him in the ass. Denver was able to get inside quite a bit. I think having some length in there would've helped.

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

our bench is better than average, leon powe is good, tony allen is good, eddie house is good. but if leon doesn't get to the foul line and make his shots the second unit doesn't work as well. also: it seems like TA was just hanging out on the opposite side of the play tonight, he's the teams 4th leading scorer, at least give him the touch.