Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
16 (28.6%)
No
40 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 19797 times)

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2018, 07:28:42 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Terry for AD an a 1st rounder.
No?
Goodbye!
Phone: Too-too, too-too.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
When I have watched the Suns, Chriss looks like he's asleep most of the time and then he tries to make a crazy play to make up for not paying attention and fouls.

That's pretty much it. If I were the Suns I'd be delighted if he ended up as good as Young at this point.
Yep and the work ethic was a major concern entering the draft for Chriss.  Bender has way more top end potential.  That doesn't mean Chriss won't end up better, but if you were offered either Bender or Chriss, I think everyone would take Bender.

Yeah, I’m sure literally everyone would take the 2nd year player who isn’t athletic, can’t play defense, had fewer points and rebounds and posted .1 WS and a PER of 7 in his second year. Chriss’s work ethic element is certainly concerning, though.

If you watch Bender, what makes his potential special is the same thing that makes Al Horford special.

You have got to be kidding .... the only advantage Bender has is his age which allows people to hope he will get better.
or that fact that he got a lot better from year 1 to year 2.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
When I have watched the Suns, Chriss looks like he's asleep most of the time and then he tries to make a crazy play to make up for not paying attention and fouls.

That's pretty much it. If I were the Suns I'd be delighted if he ended up as good as Young at this point.
Yep and the work ethic was a major concern entering the draft for Chriss.  Bender has way more top end potential.  That doesn't mean Chriss won't end up better, but if you were offered either Bender or Chriss, I think everyone would take Bender.

Yeah, I’m sure literally everyone would take the 2nd year player who isn’t athletic, can’t play defense, had fewer points and rebounds and posted .1 WS and a PER of 7 in his second year. Chriss’s work ethic element is certainly concerning, though.

If you watch Bender, what makes his potential special is the same thing that makes Al Horford special.

You have got to be kidding .... the only advantage Bender has is his age which allows people to hope he will get better.
or that fact that he got a lot better from year 1 to year 2.
By what measure?
Per minute he is almost the exact same player
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2018, 09:36:30 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

No, it's not. I'm not saying he will be as good as Horford, but I do think Bender has the ability to make good basketball plays and elevate his team by doing the little things really well. Ball movement, stretching the floor, defensive versatility are all things that have always made Horford special. These are the raw talents of Bender.

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2018, 09:48:01 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Of course I got that you didn't mean that he 'll be as good as Horrors.... But I don't see what you see in him and I've been watching him play in junior fiba tournaments since he was 16. The physical tools are there but i don't see anything else and especially I don't see passion.

I could be on board on getting him cheap as a project but a trade like this is for me crazy

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2018, 09:52:37 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Of course I got that you didn't mean that he 'll be as good as Horrors.... But I don't see what you see in him and I've been watching him play in junior fiba tournaments since he was 16. The physical tools are there but i don't see anything else and especially I don't see passion.

I could be on board on getting him cheap as a project but a trade like this is for me crazy

I agree. He hasn't delivered much on his promise yet at all (although he did have moments late in the season this year).

Trading Rozier for him would be a fleecing by the Suns. I wasn't necessarily advocating for the trade. The discussion around Chriss or Bender was why I commented. I'd rather have Bender of the two, but I wouldn't trade Rozier for either.

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
By what measure?
In his second year his TS% went up to low .500s, he cut his fouls nearly in half, and because of those two facts was able to play starter level minutes.

That's progress, not enough that you're happy with him but its progress. I still thinks he looks pretty lost and not impressive, but I have a lot more faith he'll be a good NBA player than Chriss.

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2018, 10:37:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
By what measure?
In his second year his TS% went up to low .500s, he cut his fouls nearly in half, and because of those two facts was able to play starter level minutes.

That's progress, not enough that you're happy with him but its progress. I still thinks he looks pretty lost and not impressive, but I have a lot more faith he'll be a good NBA player than Chriss.
No doubt in regard to him over Chriss. Chriss is one of the most disengaged guys I can remember watching in the last decade.

But to say Bender "got a lot better" from year 1 to year 2 isn't really true

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I never said he got a lot better, that was someone else.

I was pointing out that he is far from the same player, both in totals and on a per minute basis.

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2018, 10:54:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I never said he got a lot better, that was someone else.

I was pointing out that he is far from the same player, both in totals and on a per minute basis.
I realise that. I was just saying so because that was the only reason I commented.

When he makes any major strides with his shooting, scoring, rebounding or defending I'll be interested. But I haven't seen any of that

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2018, 11:21:35 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I’d want a top ten pick for him; we could throw in our late first rounder. Maybe he’s not worth that to another team. So be it. Then keep him for next year and have a guard rotation that is one of the best in the league. Get banner 18.

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2018, 03:14:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Crazy idea, but would the Cavs be willing to deal the nets pick back to us if we give them  rozier+Memphis or lakers pick ? 

The Cavs are really bad at point guard, and might need a full time young ball handler once Lebrons gone... George Hill is a lot older.
Lebron thinks very highly of rozier. Also terry is from Ohio. 

Moving terry would help relieve the point guard clog we have and get us the big we need from the draft ( bamba, carter, or Jackson) . Would the Cavs be willing to deal with trader Danny again  after what happened? Haha

Alright wishful thinking over

If Jackson or Bamba are still on the board at 8, I think you make the trade. I love Rozier, and I love what he brings to this team, but we ARE going to lose him in a year. He will be waaayyy too expensive to keep along with Kyrie/ our wing brigade. Meanwhile you have 4+ years to see if Bamba/Jackson are the heir apparent to Horford's anchor role.

If one of those 2 are sitting there at 8, I would trade Rozier + the clippers OR Memphis pick. If you have to include the Celtics Pick this year, that could be an interesting trade.

That's exactly what I think! I'm especially high on bamba, and think he could be DPOY some day!
agree

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I could be convinced to deal Terry for the Cavs pick, but I wouldn't include the MEM pick. It is likely that pick will end up even higher than #8 and Terry is supposed to be the real asset in this proposed trade. Our 1st makes it a much more even deal.

Still, though, I am not looking to deal Terry. I am not sure how we keep him, but we can't be looking just to shed him - it has to be a great deal.

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
A bench featuring Rozier, Smart, Morris, Theis, and Baynes is arguably the best in the league.

That squad is coming in for Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford.... arguably the best starting five in the league. I know people will point to GSW and 1-4 no doubt, they are the best. But 1-5 and certainly 1-12? Next year it should be us.

#RunThisBack(UnlessDavisUnexpectedlyBecomesAvailable)
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
A bench featuring Rozier, Smart, Morris, Theis, and Baynes is arguably the best in the league.

That squad is coming in for Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford.... arguably the best starting five in the league. I know people will point to GSW and 1-4 no doubt, they are the best. But 1-5 and certainly 1-12? Next year it should be us.

#RunThisBack(UnlessDavisUnexpectedlyBecomesAvailable)

TP for the hashtag; VF