Author Topic: Nets (9-8) at Celtics (12-4) Game #17 11/27/19  (Read 35170 times)

Re: Nets (9-8) at Celtics (12-4) Game #17 11/27/19
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 08:29:49 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This should be a close game. Without Kyrie, the Nets play much better.

Also have the feeling JB has had this game circled on his calendar for a while.

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 08:33:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Dang i wanted Kyrie to play so we can kick his behind
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 08:44:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hopefully we can get the offense back on track with Kemba's return. Been a slog lately.

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 09:24:13 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Hopefully we can get the offense back on track with Kemba's return. Been a slog lately.

Do you think we've been getting bad shots, or just aren't making our shots?

I think it alternates between the two, but would like to hear some insight from others!

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 09:55:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I think it alternates between the two, but would like to hear some insight from others!
Combination of missing Haywards play making and driving and team's adjusting how they handle Kemba. (or just running into better defending teams hard to tell the difference as the competition has stepped up as well)

Doesn't help we had so many road games.

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff

Combination of missing Haywards play making and driving and team's adjusting how they handle Kemba. (or just running into better defending teams hard to tell the difference as the competition has stepped up as well)

Yeah. The offense looks stagnant at times, and rather than swinging the ball more they seem to just jack up the first "open" 3 that emerges.

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Sounds like Theis is likely to play.

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 11:50:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Good to have both Kemba/Theis back in the starting line up. Hopefully we can get solid win tonight and get on another roll after a tough roadtrip.

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 11:59:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yeah. The offense looks stagnant at times, and rather than swinging the ball more they seem to just jack up the first "open" 3 that emerges.
Last year, this team did Jack up a ton of threes early in the clock because the players saw an open three.

Maybe, that has happened this year a few times(I am looking at you Marcus Smart, and your little buddy Carsen Edwards too) but this offense has consistently looked for the drive to finish or to dish out of for the best looks.

The stagnation has come from the ball sticking because a player can't find a line to drive and with two players stuck in corners acting as decoys, it doesn't give that player a ton of options if the big man and other player playing in Stevens' 3 man up top offense stop moving, stop setting screens or are being heavily manned up.

Stevens, IMO, has to stop with the two players in the corners decoy crap and have all his players moving so the ball is always moving.

Yeah, Stevens knows better than I do, but if he doesn't have superstars in that 3 man up top and 2 corner decoy offense playing as the two main ballhandlers, I think he is better off with the current talent to run the sets he runs with one or no corner decoys and movement from everyone with lots of passes and hand offs looking to drive the lane.

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2019, 02:41:20 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I don't really buy into the theory that a team is better without their best player (the Nets without Kyrie).  This is a "take care of business" type of game for the Celtics that we should be expected to win.  I hope the team is treating it this way.

I know that there are numbers that say the Nets win more without Kyrie but the Nets team that will take the court tonight just doesn't have that much talent.  What talent they have may get inspired and play great but even in that case, the Celtics have more talent and should be able to outplay this team.

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 04:26:00 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
I don't really buy into the theory that a team is better without their best player (the Nets without Kyrie).  This is a "take care of business" type of game for the Celtics that we should be expected to win.  I hope the team is treating it this way.

I know that there are numbers that say the Nets win more without Kyrie but the Nets team that will take the court tonight just doesn't have that much talent.  What talent they have may get inspired and play great but even in that case, the Celtics have more talent and should be able to outplay this team.

Ball movement improves when Kyrie is out. As does team defense often. It’s not crazy that the most skilled player on a team is a net negative—especially during the regular season when effort can win you many games.

I don’t know why people are so reluctant to accept this.

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2019, 04:57:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Ball movement improves when Kyrie is out. As does team defense often. It’s not crazy that the most skilled player on a team is a net negative—especially during the regular season when effort can win you many games.

I don’t know why people are so reluctant to accept this.

Yes, I am one of those people reluctant to accept this.  So the Nets are worse with Kyrie, then I guess they are going to be really bad when they have Kyrie and Kevin Durant.

I accept that for a game or two, that a team can play inspired when their star goes down or whatever but the team is still better when the star comes back.  Kyrie specifically does introduce some negatives on the court but he is a top player.  I do not accept that this group of Nets is better without him.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:30:05 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2019, 05:28:04 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Go C's

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2019, 05:40:24 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Sounds like Theis is likely to play.
Very glad, though RWIII got some valuable minutes.

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Is it true that Kyrie is sitting out tonight because he's a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.bag?

Using a different spelling for a curse word doesn't make it acceptable. Please don't do it!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 06:28:16 PM by gouki88 »
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy