Author Topic: Celtics (11-3) at Nuggets (10-3) Game #15 11/22/19  (Read 31952 times)

Re: Celtics (11-3) at Nuggets (10-3) Game #15 11/22/19
« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2019, 11:44:18 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Mind telling me what happened in the fourth quarter? I missed it.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2019, 11:44:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Jaylen goes 5-6 with 3 threes after starting 1-9.

« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2019, 11:44:49 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Our 3 loses on this road trip were by a combined 8 points. It's rough losing three close games but at least we have a lot of fight.

« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2019, 11:45:07 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
We gave them a good fight, on to the next game.

Our two best players are out and we still fought back. Good game.
Absolutely, I'm still feeling optimistic about our squad.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2019, 11:47:18 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
He's better than Tatum and has been since January of this year, including in the Playoffs.

« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

22 points, 10 rebs, 4 assists

« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2019, 11:50:57 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

22 points, 10 rebs, 4 assists
Led us in all three categories this game!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2019, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We are starting to see a trend with this team. We generally play well down the stretch, but just don't have the killer instinct. The good news - we are still young and are missing our best/max players, but moral victories lose their appeal quickly.

Tying the game late against the clips is missing a killer instinct?

Making this nuggets game close after the Kemba injury is missing a killer instinct?

I don't see it at all man.

This is a tough road trip and they've acquitted themselves really well.
Agree 1000000%. Many TPs

If you guys are content with getting the game close and then losing each time, it's cool. You don't need to be a jerk about it nick - I explained myself in previous post and stand by it. This team plays with great resilience, but I am getting sick of losing the close ones.
WOAH!!!!

How is strongly agreeing with someone else's opinion, which is different than your opinion being a jerk?

And my comment came before you explained yourself.

You think they lack a killer instinct. I disagree. How is that being a jerk?

« Reply #368 on: November 22, 2019, 11:59:16 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We are starting to see a trend with this team. We generally play well down the stretch, but just don't have the killer instinct. The good news - we are still young and are missing our best/max players, but moral victories lose their appeal quickly.

Making this nuggets game close after the Kemba injury is missing a killer instinct?

Agree 1000000%. Many TPs

If you guys are content with getting the game close and then losing each time, it's cool. You don't need to be a jerk about it nick - I explained myself in previous post and stand by it. This team plays with great resilience, but I am getting sick of losing the close ones.
WOAH!!!!

How is strongly agreeing with someone else's opinion, which is different than your opinion being a jerk?

You guys don't like the word, 'killer instinct' - that's fine - but people shouldn't be so jubilant after a loss. It's just strange. I thought Brown was great (after a horrible start) tonight, too, but this was a game we could have had if not for some real boneheaded plays in the last couple of minutes.

And coming from a mod - strongly agreeing with somebody who is strongly disagreeing with another poster just comes off as marginalizing that poster. Especially by handing out 'Many TPs' to him by strongly disagreeing with me - seems more like taunting.

« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2019, 08:47:50 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
We gave them a good fight, on to the next game.

Our two best players are out and we still fought back. Good game.
Absolutely, I'm still feeling optimistic about our squad.
Me too.  3 road losses by a total of 8 points.  Kemba possibly ok, Hayward coming along, Rob Williams maturing rapidly...  I'm good, but others are welcome to cry into their coffee today.

« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Agree 1000000%. Many TPs

WOAH!!!!

You guys don't like the word, 'killer instinct' - that's fine - but people shouldn't be so jubilant after a loss. It's just strange. I thought Brown was great (after a horrible start) tonight, too, but this was a game we could have had if not for some real boneheaded plays in the last couple of minutes.

And coming from a mod - strongly agreeing with somebody who is strongly disagreeing with another poster just comes off as marginalizing that poster. Especially by handing out 'Many TPs' to him by strongly disagreeing with me - seems more like taunting.

Nobody here has a problem with the phrase 'killer instinct'

I think they have a problem with your definition of it.  Do people or teams with killer instincts ever lose in your eyes??

You can display a killer instinct in a loss.  The fact that this team stormed back and nearly won the game last night considering the circumstances around Kemba shows a lot about their character.  They wouldve lost this game by 20 last year

It takes a killer instinct to make the phenomenal defensive play Marcus Smart made to give us an extra possession at the end of the Clippers game, which would have won us the game if someone makes the shot on the final possession

So yeah Im sure the natural rebuttle is 'well a team with a killer instinct would make those shots and win those games.'  Weeeeelll if thats the case, Tatum drained a beautiful shot to send the Clips game into overtime.  He also hit a game winner to beat the Knicks.  Whats the difference then?

does it suck that the losses came all on the same road trip?  Yeah kinda, but I dont think it calls the teams character or ability to close a game into question, especially this early in the season and against the top teams in the West, all without their 2nd best player for christs sake, one game they were missing both of their best players.

No ones jumping all over you or attacking you, it just this is an 82 game season man.  Theres literally people on the board saying theyre ok with firing Brad Stevens and hiring Tyronn Lue.  Everyone just needs to simmer down. 
Greg

« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2019, 11:36:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t think the team lacks a killer instinct. I do think we’re being hurt a bit by Marcus being too willing to take big shots, which is too much confidence, if anything.

When Hayward is back to being a lead decision maker, we’ll start clicking again.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2019, 01:56:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I don’t think the team lacks a killer instinct. I do think we’re being hurt a bit by Marcus being too willing to take big shots, which is too much confidence, if anything.

When Hayward is back to being a lead decision maker, we’ll start clicking again.

Yeah I view Kemba and Hayward as probably the two guys we want taking those clutch shots late in games.

In last night's game, obviously neither was playing in crunch time and even Tatum was struggling honestly.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #373 on: November 23, 2019, 02:28:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Agree 1000000%. Many TPs

WOAH!!!!

Nobody here has a problem with the phrase 'killer instinct'

I think they have a problem with your definition of it.  Do people or teams with killer instincts ever lose in your eyes??

You can display a killer instinct in a loss.  The fact that this team stormed back and nearly won the game last night considering the circumstances around Kemba shows a lot about their character.  They wouldve lost this game by 20 last year

It takes a killer instinct to make the phenomenal defensive play Marcus Smart made to give us an extra possession at the end of the Clippers game, which would have won us the game if someone makes the shot on the final possession

So yeah Im sure the natural rebuttle is 'well a team with a killer instinct would make those shots and win those games.'  Weeeeelll if thats the case, Tatum drained a beautiful shot to send the Clips game into overtime.  He also hit a game winner to beat the Knicks.  Whats the difference then?

does it suck that the losses came all on the same road trip?  Yeah kinda, but I dont think it calls the teams character or ability to close a game into question, especially this early in the season and against the top teams in the West, all without their 2nd best player for christs sake, one game they were missing both of their best players.

No ones jumping all over you or attacking you, it just this is an 82 game season man.  Theres literally people on the board saying theyre ok with firing Brad Stevens and hiring Tyronn Lue.  Everyone just needs to simmer down.

Tyrone Who? lol