Author Topic: Knicks (1-4) at Celtics (3-1) Game #5 11/1/19  (Read 38283 times)

Re: Knicks (1-4) at Celtics (3-1) Game #5 11/1/19
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 07:24:32 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Avoid the classic trap game.  Go Celts!
Yup

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I have more confidence in this squad compared to last year, when I would expect nothing but a loss in these types of games

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 08:37:46 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Going to the game, looking forward to it.

Celts have to be careful though, Knicks are a feisty bunch.

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 09:29:45 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I have more confidence in this squad compared to last year, when I would expect nothing but a loss in these types of games
Yup. These guys don't always start the game well but they have zero expectations of breezing to victory unlike last year's squad.

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 09:38:07 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
oh ye of little faith. if the celtics play a good team, they are in trouble. if they play a poor team they are in trouble.

i snort and spit and laugh at such attitudes! !!

the celtics will thrash the living snot out of the evil and pernicious knickerbockers.

gooooooooooooooooooooooo celtics!!!!  ;D

oh, and of course a shiny new TP to flc  for her fabulous game thread. thanks flc.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 09:54:13 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Same here.  Every player on this squad has something to prove and they clearly enjoy playing together.  I'd be surprised to see a lack or urgency in this one.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I miss ENJOYING a Celtics game! This year has rejuvenated me to cheer for us again! I just need Tatum to stop attempting to create his own shot and just go with the flow Of the offense and we will be in a much better position.

My wish list:
FIND A CENTER! (Myles Turner *cough*)
Insert Smart into the starting lineup (somehow)

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2019, 11:04:20 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
I miss ENJOYING a Celtics game! This year has rejuvenated me to cheer for us again! I just need Tatum to stop attempting to create his own shot and just go with the flow Of the offense and we will be in a much better position.

My wish list:

I've got no issues with Tatum's offensive approach so far.  He's being asked to completely adjust his shot profile.  It's way too early for the coaching staff to emphasize results over the process. 

I'm most encouraged by the following statistic:

Drives Per Game
Hayward - 12.8
Kemba - 11.3
Tatum - 10.8
Jaylen - 10.3

Brad Stevens has never had two players average double digit drives in the same season.  Needless to say, this group is fully committed to the gameplan. 

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2019, 11:29:07 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

My wish list:

I've got no issues with Tatum's offensive approach so far.  He's being asked to completely adjust his shot profile.  It's way too early for the coaching staff to emphasize results over the process. 

Drives Per Game
Hayward - 12.8
Kemba - 11.3
Tatum - 10.8
Jaylen - 10.3

Brad Stevens has never had two players average double digit drives in the same season.  Needless to say, this group is fully committed to the gameplan.

I’m no scout or anything, I just happen to analyze as I watch games. With that being said (no I don’t know the actual numbers) but his shooting percentage off of Unassisted buckets has to be pretty low. When he does iso plays he missed a ton. But when he catches the ball and then looks to score he looks way better.

I also noticed he REALLY looks to score. People could be wide open under the hoop and he will still look to get his own bucket. This is something I hope he fixes as well.

I judge Tatum harder than anyone because I believe he is overhyped. I don’t see him as a cornerstone player and I’m hoping I’m wrong. I’ve always looked at Jaylen as being the better player 🤷🏽‍♂️

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2019, 11:37:26 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton

My wish list:

Drives Per Game
Hayward - 12.8
Kemba - 11.3
Tatum - 10.8
Jaylen - 10.3

I’m no scout or anything, I just happen to analyze as I watch games. With that being said (no I don’t know the actual numbers) but his shooting percentage off of Unassisted buckets has to be pretty low. When he does iso plays he missed a ton. But when he catches the ball and then looks to score he looks way better.

I also noticed he REALLY looks to score. People could be wide open under the hoop and he will still look to get his own bucket. This is something I hope he fixes as well.

I judge Tatum harder than anyone because I believe he is overhyped. I don’t see him as a cornerstone player and I’m hoping I’m wrong. I’ve always looked at Jaylen as being the better player 🤷🏽‍♂️

I don't disagree with anything you said.  The coaching staff is trying to help Tatum evolve without taking away his instincts and overall aggressiveness.  Tatum still loses the ball way too often, has tunnel vision, and refuses to use the left hand.

I also try to remember that last season was a throwaway year for his development.  We should expect to see incremental improvement as the current season progresses, and hopefully he puts it all together next summer.

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

My wish list:

Drives Per Game
Hayward - 12.8
Kemba - 11.3
Tatum - 10.8
Jaylen - 10.3

just to add to the post above:

Tomek Kordylewski
@Timi_093
 · Oct 31, 2019
Gordon Hayward had 16 drives last night against the Bucks. He leads the Celtics with 12.8 drives per game. Top four looks like this:

Gordon Haward -- 12.8
Kemba Walker - 11.3
Jayson Tatum -- 10.8
Jaylen Brown -- 10.3

Tomek Kordylewski
@Timi_093
Last year top four in drives per game:

Kyrie Irving -- 11.4
Gordon Hayward -- 5.7
Jayson Tatum -- 5.6
Jaylen Brown -- 5.1

Conclusion: this year's Celtics are really focused on attacking the basket. Tommy Heinsohn is a happy man right now, I guess.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2019, 12:06:54 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Regarding drives per game I’m sure Stevens is emphasizing this, but it also may be a natural progression in Brown’s and Tatum’s game (improved handles and added strength), Walker has always been a driver, and Hayward looking more and more like his Utah days.

It’s just great to have 4 guys that can score like this if 1 or 2 of them have an off night.  Walker just seems to blend in much better than Irving, but it also helps to have Hayward closer to his normal self, and another year of development for Tatum and Brown.

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2019, 12:22:48 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Marcus and Kemba smell blood . 

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm hoping for a Romeo sighting.  I want to see what we've got in him.

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2019, 01:07:02 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

My wish list:

Drives Per Game
Hayward - 12.8
Kemba - 11.3
Tatum - 10.8
Jaylen - 10.3

It must be a total coincidence that Jaylen and Jayson only drive to the paint, whenever I get up to either go to the bathroom or get a snack. I would have never thought either of those guys were close in this category to Gordon or Kemba. What is considered a "drive" for this statistic?