Author Topic: Jazz (39-22) at Celtics (42-19) Game #62 3/6/20  (Read 31722 times)

Re: Jazz (39-22) at Celtics (42-19) Game #62 3/6/20
« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2020, 10:26:20 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Brad's mistake this game is playing Wanamaker instead of Ojeleye.

Really good point. Why would Semi be on the bench over Wanamaker in crunch time? Guaranteed Semi hits at least one of those 3s and actually plays defense. Brad needs to explain some of these lineups...
Semi actually led the team in minutes believe it or not.  probably winded from not building up his stamina due to all those DNPs.   ::)

Interesting I’ll admit I didn’t check the box score. Either way Brad needs to manage the minutes, regardless of injuries, to ensure Wanamaker isn’t out there taking big shots in crunch time. Watching him that final minute was beyond insulting to my eyes.

« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2020, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
Hahahhahahahah great job with the bench Ainge! Have to put buns out there like Wanamaker.  Basically screwed the The 2nd seed and beyond by having a weak inexperienced bench. How many games will it cost this team? How will it show up in the playoffs? Great job Ainge! Keep living off the Garnett trade.

I agree that Ainge shouldve shored up our bench somehow. But to insinuate that he is a bad GM who just got lucky due to the KG trade in 07 is just plain stupid. The mere fact that we are fighting for 2nd seed is an indicator that he isnt a bad GM.

Ainge is a great GM but he needs to get his hands out of his pockets.

And do WHAT exactly? You keep banging that drum that Danny should've done something. But have you got even the slightest example of a scenario that is A) realistic and B) legitimately going to have moved the needle?

« Reply #287 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Really good point. Why would Semi be on the bench over Wanamaker in crunch time? Guaranteed Semi hits at least one of those 3s and actually plays defense. Brad needs to explain some of these lineups...
Semi actually led the team in minutes believe it or not.  probably winded from not building up his stamina due to all those DNPs.   ::)

Heck, it doesn't have to be Semi even. Give me Langford over Wanamaker there.

« Reply #288 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:24 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Get the next one. 

« Reply #289 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:33 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
This loss is fine. Houston and Brooklyn were brutal, this is fine.

Most concerning thing about this game was how lost TimeLord looked...

I think Williams needs to play with better players so he wont have to do more. He was in there with Wanamaker of all people.

I wouldve subbed him in sometime in the last 2 minutes. Heck Id try Edwards over him.

« Reply #290 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:43 PM »

Offline Classical Human Being

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
COULD USE SOME SHOOTERS>>>>>

Some players.... The end of the bench players are important. They can't all be projects.

The issue is that our entire bench is full of not only rookies, but players who don't belong on an NBA court. Our offense is too inconsistent
"Borrow Diaw...What a classical Human being". - Bill Walton

"When I think of Borris Diaw, I think of Beethoven..and the age of the romantics." - Bill Walton.

« Reply #291 on: March 06, 2020, 10:28:43 PM »

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Hahahhahahahah great job with the bench Ainge! Have to put buns out there like Wanamaker.  Basically screwed the The 2nd seed and beyond by having a weak inexperienced bench. How many games will it cost this team? How will it show up in the playoffs? Great job Ainge! Keep living off the Garnett trade.

I agree that Ainge shouldve shored up our bench somehow. But to insinuate that he is a bad GM who just got lucky due to the KG trade in 07 is just plain stupid. The mere fact that we are fighting for 2nd seed is an indicator that he isnt a bad GM.

And do WHAT exactly? You keep banging that drum that Danny should've done something. But have you got even the slightest example of a scenario that is A) realistic and B) legitimately going to have moved the needle?

To quote Stephen A, "when you give up nothing, you get something!". At this point, any addition to our bench is a plus.

"When I think of Borris Diaw, I think of Beethoven..and the age of the romantics." - Bill Walton.

« Reply #292 on: March 06, 2020, 10:29:27 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

My take on this is the team is probably super tight and close to one another to the point that Danny is scared to cut one player for fear of disrupting the team’s chemistry. He doesn’t want a repeat of the Perk trade all over again, specially if it involves getting someone who really isn’t a game changer.

« Reply #293 on: March 06, 2020, 10:29:36 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
I just find it absurd that Ainge doesn’t think a bench player was necessary for this team. It’s like after having too many guys last year he got gun shy and now has too few this year.

« Reply #294 on: March 06, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This loss is fine. Houston and Brooklyn were brutal, this is fine.

Most concerning thing about this game was how lost TimeLord looked...

I think Williams needs to play with better players so he wont have to do more. He was in there with Wanamaker of all people.

I wouldve subbed him in sometime in the last 2 minutes. Heck Id try Edwards over him.
I'm not saying Semi was a bad suggestion, just that with all the minutes he played, he may have been gassed.  but, considering what a mess Wanamaker was, a tired Semi would have been an improvement

« Reply #295 on: March 06, 2020, 10:30:38 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum

At this point, any addition to our bench is a plus.

No, it isn't.

« Reply #296 on: March 06, 2020, 10:31:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
YA! Smart got one,  9-23 with one assist...
not a good stat line for a Smart game -- 23 shots and only 1 assist.

not a shocker but every starter a +.  every bench player a -.

Oh wow, I wish you hadn't have brought that up lol This is insane:

Celtics starters (minus Semi at + 4) - all + 10 or higher

Jazz starters (minus Conley at + 6) - all -17 or lower

Celtics bench (minus Green with a - 4) - all - 11 or lower with Wanamaker swamping everyone with a - 25

Jazz bench - all + 22 (!!) or higher

Danny really has failed us by not upgrading this bench either with a buyout or at the deadline. I think he sometimes gets too attached to some of these younger prospects.

« Reply #297 on: March 06, 2020, 10:32:19 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672

Truth. 

I know people want to win RIGHT NOW, but sometimes acceptable deals just aren't there to be made.  Given what we know about Bertans at this year's trade deadline, the pieces that we wanted to add just weren't available at a reasonable price.

It is what it is.

« Reply #298 on: March 06, 2020, 10:32:45 PM »

• Svi Mykhailiuk

At this point, any addition to our bench is a plus.

No, it isn't.

Our bench couldn't possibly get any worse with losing one of those guys

« Reply #299 on: March 06, 2020, 10:33:43 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
YA! Smart got one,  9-23 with one assist...
not a good stat line for a Smart game -- 23 shots and only 1 assist.

not a shocker but every starter a +.  every bench player a -.

Oh wow, I wish you hadn't have brought that up lol This is insane:

Celtics starters (minus Semi at + 4) - all + 10 or higher

Jazz starters (minus Conley at + 6) - all -17 or lower

Celtics bench (minus Green with a - 4) - all - 11 or lower with Wanamaker swamping everyone with a - 25

Jazz bench - all + 22 (!!) or higher

Danny really has failed us by not upgrading this bench either with a buyout or at the deadline. I think he sometimes gets too attached to some of these younger prospects.

It's a "to do" for sure. But there was noting, not even rumours with any real legitimacy to them, that there were any needle shifting deals that were even close to achievable, before the deadline. The off season however will be a different story.