Author Topic: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering  (Read 43420 times)

Re: Bronny James has cardiac arrest - is recovering
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2024, 11:58:23 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Bronny is an excellent defender, he is just small so really can only guard PG.  Springer and Thybulle are big enough to guard multiple positions. 

Bronny's game is very similar in style and skillet to his father, he just is no where near as big and athletic, which is why he struggles.  For as good as Lebron Sr. was, even as a rookie, it took him years to develop a consistent shooting touch and to hone and focus his talent. He was just so lifted athletically he could get by until the skills caught up to the physical gifts. Bronny just doesn't have the same physical gifts his dad has.  He has skill and instincts, he needs time to hone them to fit his frame.  That is why for years I've said Bryce is the better prospect. He is much closer to their dad physically.

How is Bryce doing? I haven’t heard much about him lately.

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2024, 12:07:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2414
Does anyone know Bronny's shooting stats in High School? Were they okay? His college stats are not the biggest sample. Only 112 FGAs - 52 two point FGAs and 62 3PTAs. Only 34 FTAs. I was wondering if his high school numbers tell a different story / or the same story.

Edit: I started reading that Ringer article linked above. They have some high school and mixed high school / college stats for floaters, two point shots, catch and shoot 3s. All tell a bad story. More of the same thing it looks like. Just not a good shooter.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 12:20:31 PM by Who »

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2024, 02:58:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Bronny is an excellent defender, he is just small so really can only guard PG.  Springer and Thybulle are big enough to guard multiple positions. 

Bronny's game is very similar in style and skillet to his father, he just is no where near as big and athletic, which is why he struggles.  For as good as Lebron Sr. was, even as a rookie, it took him years to develop a consistent shooting touch and to hone and focus his talent. He was just so lifted athletically he could get by until the skills caught up to the physical gifts. Bronny just doesn't have the same physical gifts his dad has.  He has skill and instincts, he needs time to hone them to fit his frame.  That is why for years I've said Bryce is the better prospect. He is much closer to their dad physically.

How is Bryce doing? I haven’t heard much about him lately.
I don't think he is developing as fast as many thought he would.  He is bigger than Bronny, but it doesn't appear he is as athletic as his older brother.  Last I saw he was a 3 star prospect, but he may still end up a better pro because his size fits his skill set better.  He transferred a bunch last year and had to sit out, so I don't think he played a ton as a junior.  His senior year, next year, will be when his actual potential is known.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2024, 12:19:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESsDxVG1rFo

Bill Simmons thinks Bronny will get drafted this summer. 8min video with Ryan Russilo. Simmons is talking about using a 2nd round pick on Bronny. A mid to late 2nd.

Ryan agrees. His question for him is how high does a team take Bronny without assurances from LeBron and believes they will take the risk at a late pick even without any assurances. He sees it as alive once they get a 2nd round pick.

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2024, 12:26:36 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 623

Bill Simmons thinks Bronny will get drafted this summer. 8min video with Ryan Russilo. Simmons is talking about using a 2nd round pick on Bronny. A mid to late 2nd.

Ryan agrees. His question for him is how high does a team take Bronny without assurances from LeBron and believes they will take the risk at a late pick even without any assurances. He sees it as alive once they get a 2nd round pick.

Just guaranteed Bronny doesn’t get drafted

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2024, 02:33:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I still don't think he will stay in the draft because it really sets him for a humiliating situation and perhaps lose a chance to make his own money and have a nice basketball career. I am happy to see nobody is pushing the preposterous first round pick and multiple years guaranteed money that goes along with it for Bronny. That being said I feel a bit bad for Bronny in all of this (as much as you can a celebrity basketball player coming from a great family making 500k as a college student). In no way shape or form would any undersized shooting in a normal situation declare for the draft after averaging 4pts and shooting 27% from college 3. If a team like the Celtics drafted Bronny and then Lebron did not sign here, we might not even sign him to a two-way contract (we have seen the value of those for real prospects with Queta this year). Then he is just on a g league salary (40k a year!) traveling around to places like long island, maine, birmingham etc instead of making another 500k and possibly becoming a good college basketball player at a place like Ohio State. He also doesn't even have the options of signing with high tier European teams at this point because he just isn't good enough and they obviously aren't hoping to sign his dad. He would obviously be set for life still provided he doesn't have a falling out with his dad but I would feel quite bad for him in that situation cause he was rushed in a way that took away his chance to have a good career and some nice moments.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 03:02:04 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2024, 05:58:59 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
This is a pretty weak draft so I could pretty easily see a team using a 2nd rounder on him.  He should be a lot better next year given it will be a year since his heart issue, he will have had a full offseason, etc. 

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2024, 06:02:21 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
If Bronny is officiated like his father he'll be a decent 8-9th man on a bad NBA team.  If not, he'll essentially have a Thanasis Antetokounmpo role on some team.

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2024, 09:23:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
If Bronny is officiated like his father he'll be a decent 8-9th man on a bad NBA team.  If not, he'll essentially have a Thanasis Antetokounmpo role on some team.

lol this is like saying like if Tillman got reffed like Embid he would be an all star. I just got to ask all the people saying stuff about Bronny being drafted first round, being an nba 8th man, do you follow college basketball? He wasn’t a top 200 college player this year. Probably not even a top 300. If this was an nfl style draft based on merit he might be a 5th round pick at best.

« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2024, 09:54:13 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

lol this is like saying like if Tillman got reffed like Embid he would be an all star. I just got to ask all the people saying stuff about Bronny being drafted first round, being an nba 8th man, do you follow college basketball? He wasn’t a top 200 college player this year. Probably not even a top 300. If this was an nfl style draft based on merit he might be a 5th round pick at best.
He also is coming off a heart attack, had no off season, and ramped up as a freshman in the middle of a season.  He was a McDonald's All American and 4-Star recruit for a reason.  Acting like last year was representative of who Bronny is as a player is weird. 

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2024, 02:51:51 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He also is coming off a heart attack, had no off season, and ramped up as a freshman in the middle of a season.  He was a McDonald's All American and 4-Star recruit for a reason.  Acting like last year was representative of who Bronny is as a player is weird.

lol what? This isn’t my personal opinion. Every scout has dropped him from this class. Even the guy carrying lebrons water that was widely mocked for having him as a lottery pick has dropped him to next year. If you are gonna have opinions at least keep up (related I still want that bridge you promised, sounded like I was getting a deal)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 03:16:21 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2024, 07:57:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The issue is not Bronny, but his dad. Will he let his son live his own life or will Bronny forever live in his father's shadow?

If it were my son, I would have pulled him out of competitive sports after the heart problem appeared, but that's just me.

« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2024, 08:32:51 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Greg

« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2024, 08:57:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3008
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm not even saying this just as a Lakers hater, but Bronny to the Lakers would just turn the whole thing and that organization into a circus. I mean I guess they don't have a choice since Lebron is keeping them relevant but it'd look like he runs that organization if they did that.

I think they'd be better off using the draft pick(s) on some actual help or trade, rather than a potential 15th man
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2024, 10:29:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
LAL don't have a first round pick. Their 2nd round pick is right at the end of the draft. The 56th pick.

I don't think it matters any whether they draft him or not.