Poll

Will the Pacers trade Domantas Sabonis before the upcoming trade deadline?

Yes
13 (61.9%)
No
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Rumor: Pacers are listening to trade offers for Domantas Sabonis  (Read 26962 times)

Re: Rumor: Pacers are listening to trade offers for Domantas Sabonis
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2019, 09:57:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
 :(
Say Hayward shows a little improvement this year. Averages 16,7,4 and looks healthy. Would you trade Hayward and Langford in offseason 2020 for Sabonis and Warren?
Probably not, because I think we'd be an ECF team with him playing like that.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Say Hayward shows a little improvement this year. Averages 16,7,4 and looks healthy. Would you trade Hayward and Langford in offseason 2020 for Sabonis and Warren?

Hayward's not going anywhere as long as Brad is coach.

« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2019, 10:34:15 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Brad isnt the GM. Danny traded Isiah Thomas after he broke his body playing for the C's days after his sister died. Danny will trade anybody if it makes the team better.

« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2019, 01:16:49 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Brad isnt the GM. Danny traded Isiah Thomas after he broke his body playing for the C's days after his sister died. Danny will trade anybody if it makes the team better.

Exactly!

Danny traded Isaiah because he was damaged goods.
Trading Isaiah for Kyrie was an upgrade because Isaiah had a potentially career ending injury.

Would Danny have traded Isaiah if Isaiah was healthy?

There's nothing wrong with Hayward right now.

Unless a team offers someone like Anthony Davis or Karl Anthony Towns, Celts are better off keeping Hayward.

Brad isn't the GM, true.
But Ainge learned his lesson after he traded Perk even when Doc was against it.
Ainge and Doc's relationship was never the same after that trade.
Doc ended up leaving the Celts.

So I doubt this time around Ainge will do something to upset one of the best coaches in the league.

Hayward is Brad's boy.
Whether we like it or not, it is what it is.

« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2019, 05:06:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Yeah, I think it's important we get rid of Hayward. Too many hands to feed in that starting lineup with Kemba, Hayward, Tatum and Jaylen. Someone has to go.

I'd rather get a better big man than Sabonis though.

Steven Adams would be more my style.

« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2019, 05:53:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This ship has sailed folks.

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2019, 07:53:25 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16

Yeah, I think it's important we get rid of Hayward. Too many hands to feed in that starting lineup with Kemba, Hayward, Tatum and Jaylen. Someone has to go.

The difference is matching salary.  The cost is often more a matter of matching salary then anything else.

« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2019, 10:59:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I'd much rather have Sabonis than Adams.  Adams is very limited offensively and is a solid defender, but isn't athletic and doesn't block any shots.  He is + rebounder, but that is about it.  Sabonis is already so much better on offense, I think he is the better overall player and Sabonis is only going to get better (as we saw in game 1 of the season with his 27/13).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2019, 11:26:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I'd much rather have Sabonis than Adams.  Adams is very limited offensively and is a solid defender, but isn't athletic and doesn't block any shots.  He is + rebounder, but that is about it.  Sabonis is already so much better on offense, I think he is the better overall player and Sabonis is only going to get better (as we saw in game 1 of the season with his 27/13).
Sabonis also got lit up by Drummond and his team lost to a bad Pistons team that were missing Blake Griffin.

I agree with you about Sabonis' offense being better than Adams but Sabonis' defense is really dodgy. I prefer role players like Adams (defense orientated) to Sabonis (offensive orientated) for filling roles on title winning teams.

For me, Sabonis has to improve his offensive game further and show he can become a guy you can run your offense (partly) through for me to change my stance on him. To become more of a shot-creator and/or jump-shooter. For now, as a garbage man, I pick the better defender over the better offensive player.

« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2019, 11:43:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Sabonis also got lit up by Drummond and his team lost to a bad Pistons team that were missing Blake Griffin.

I agree with you about Sabonis' offense being better than Adams but Sabonis' defense is really dodgy. I prefer role players like Adams (defense orientated) to Sabonis (offensive orientated) for filling roles on title winning teams.

For me, Sabonis has to improve his offensive game further and show he can become a guy you can run your offense (partly) through for me to change my stance on him. To become more of a shot-creator and/or jump-shooter. For now, as a garbage man, I pick the better defender over the better offensive player.
Turner was on Drummond most of the time.  And Indiana is without Oladipo so Griffin being out seems like a wash.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I can’t wait to be about 15-20 games into the Celtics season, when all of the trade Hayward ideas finally stop. He might be the best player on the team, but he is still understandably doubted coming off his injury. To me, he is clearly past the injury physically and mentally. I can’t wait to see this version of Hayward this season.

« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2019, 02:43:33 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

I can’t wait to be about 15-20 games into the Celtics season, when all of the trade Hayward ideas finally stop. He might be the best player on the team, but he is still understandably doubted coming off his injury. To me, he is clearly past the injury physically and mentally. I can’t wait to see this version of Hayward this season.

Agree 100%. Hayward could be an All-Star this season.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2019, 03:26:53 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I think you could argue given where this team is at that if Hayward really is back you are best off trading him for max value. He could opt out this off season, you just paid Brown, you have to pay Tatum, you have Kemba signed for four seasons. Trading Hayward makes a lot of sense. If he's playing well he brings good value.

« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2019, 04:24:04 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

I think you could argue given where this team is at that if Hayward really is back you are best off trading him for max value. He could opt out this off season, you just paid Brown, you have to pay Tatum, you have Kemba signed for four seasons. Trading Hayward makes a lot of sense. If he's playing well he brings good value.
You might not get that much for him as he might be regarded as a rental.

« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2019, 05:19:12 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

You might not get that much for him as he might be regarded as a rental.
Its also not easy to match 30M in salary.  We'd probably end up taking on more overall guaranteed salary.