Author Topic: MIA Moving Lowry?  (Read 6176 times)

Re: MIA Moving Lowry?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2024, 12:48:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Well the good news about MIA trading for Rozier is that's one less first rounder they can offer in a trade for a superstar.

I wonder if they are looking to move Hero now, seems like a tough fit between those two guys.

I think Spoelstra can figure it out.

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2024, 01:01:30 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Well the good news about MIA trading for Rozier is that's one less first rounder they can offer in a trade for a superstar.

I wonder if they are looking to move Hero now, seems like a tough fit between those two guys.

Ehhh maybe. Most likely the outcome will just be dnot playing those two guys at the same time much.

The Beauty of the Celtics is its hard to even hide one bad defender, let alone two. All four of the c's perimeter guys can attack a bad defender.

But of course there are other matchups in the eats both guys would be fine in.

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2024, 01:03:27 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Miami looks excellent. Remind me of the 2006 Suns teams after Amare went down with Nash/Bell/Marion/Diaw as the core and guys like Barbosa, Tim Thomas, James Jones and Eddie House working around them.

No MVP like Nash in the mix there, but the strength and balance of the Butler/Bam duo is very powerful and the support pieces are potent. Rozier reminds me of Barbosa - the explosive scoring and dynamism that you want playing off Butler and Bam. Along with Herro, that's a lot of offensive firepower.

Really like that Jaquez kid too. His strength and physicality at the wing, plus the ability to put the ball on the floor and score 1-on-1. A match-up hunter  but a ball mover and a presence. Caleb Martin too. Along with Butler, all guys who play physical and wear you down.

Then Love and Jovic as skilled stretch bigs to work dribble hand offs and open the paint for Rozier/Butler/Bam.

All I think they are missing is a bouncy defensive 5 to spell Bam. Somebody like Claxton for BK.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2024, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Rozier would quickly make Butler angry with his hotdog game.

Well I guess we're gonna find out

I like the deal for Miami in the short term because Rozier is a much better player at this point but... I don't really get why they did it. Do they think this makes them a better contender? If not, then why give up future assets for him? Deals like this seem like they'll just lead to the team being stuck in mediocrity down the line, but with Riley and Spoelstra who knows
It's two seasons before his deal becomes partially guaranteed - and the pick is lottery protected for 2027, per the tweet above. I think that's fine, if Miami is really terrible in a couple of years they keep the pick.

Also I knew he was NBA-old but I didn't realise Lowry was already 37.

Lottery protection sort of explains it for Miami, but how much does pushing it off a year really help? If they're bad in 2027 they'll probably be bad in 2028 too. I guess it helps if they have one good season, but I don't think that's worth the difficulty it will cause in trading future picks
I'm bitter.

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2024, 01:11:47 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Ehhh maybe. Most likely the outcome will just be dnot playing those two guys at the same time much.

The Beauty of the Celtics is its hard to even hide one bad defender, let alone two. All four of the c's perimeter guys can attack a bad defender.

But of course there are other matchups in the eats both guys would be fine in.

I would definitely look into moving Herro. Orlando would make sense as a partner. They desperately need perimeter scoring and they have some pieces that would work well in Miami.

Not sure how healthy Isaac is, but he'd be a terrific addition to Miami's frontcourt.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2024, 03:15:12 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

Exactly… the heat will be better because of this trade and will be a legit threat in the playoffs as always
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 03:26:58 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2024, 04:46:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I am happy for Terry Rozier. He has done a good job in a badly run team in Charlotte. He has worked on his game. Developed, improved. He deserves an opportunity to play on a winning program.

Miami is a great fit. Mutually beneficial for player and team.

I hope it goes well for Terry.

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2024, 04:53:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Last five years, Rozier has averaged almost 8 threes a game at a 37% clip. His three point shooting has become a major weapon since he left the Celtics.

His outside shooting will be a major boon to their offense alongside shooters like Herro & D Robinson.

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2024, 05:21:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
How do Miami lineup now?

Presumably Rozier starts. Herro will want to keep starting. So a smaller defensively deficient backcourt. Jimmy will start. Who will start alongside him? Jaquez?

G: Rozier, (Herro) Josh Richardson
G: Herro, D Robinson
F: Jimmy, C Martin
F: Jaquez, Jovic
C: Bam, K Love

Does Love slide over to backup center? They don't have a good backup center. Thomas Bryant and Orlando Robinson are the options there. Maybe they go smaller with K-Love and stretch out the court more like they used to with Olynyk when Olynyk was there.

Highsmith is another guy not mentioned there.

I think they will play without a backup PG. Let Herro take the job in order to put bigger better defensive lineups on the floor. Get their wings more minutes.

Edit: Ah, I forgot Josh Richardson.

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2024, 05:42:13 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Just my perception of demeanor on the court (not a statement of who they are as human beings as I don’t know) — losing Kyle Lowry makes the Heat a notch more likable, but adding Rozier moves them right back.

I’m going to really despise that team if the Cs get them again in the playoffs. Not Laker level despise but the closest thing.

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2024, 06:42:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Rozier is the kind of pesky player the Heat love to have and can kill us, and I'm sure he's gonna look for payback against Boston whenever they play each other. Ugh
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2024, 06:49:42 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Just my perception of demeanor on the court (not a statement of who they are as human beings as I don’t know) — losing Kyle Lowry makes the Heat a notch more likable, but adding Rozier moves them right back.

I’m going to really despise that team if the Cs get them again in the playoffs. Not Laker level despise but the closest thing.
Rozier doesn't flop as much as Lowery. (Nobody does except Embiid and Harden.) Instantly makes the Heat more likable.

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2024, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Rozier doesn't flop as much as Lowery. (Nobody does except Embiid and Harden.) Instantly makes the Heat more likable.
this is absolutely, positively, undoubtably, impossibly impossible. NOTHING ever makes the stinky heat more likable...ever.  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2024, 07:43:18 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 594
Funny see I ng heat fans act like this is the .missing piece.
You got rid of one bum and took on another.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2024, 08:39:03 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
As of right now Miami in the 6 seed means they would get the sixers round one, bucks round two and then the Celtics.

Heat having to play all top three seeds would kill them. They won’t get out of the first round

I feel like we’ve seen that sometime in recent history…