Author Topic: Bruins vs. Canadiens Series Thread  (Read 4402 times)

Bruins vs. Canadiens Series Thread
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:26:26 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Beautiful goal to put the Bruins up 3-2 a little over halfway through the third.  Chara is the man (with some beautiful work by Kessel.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Bruins vs. Canadiens Series Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Good start to the series.  Kessel with 2 goals and an assist.  Krejci with a good game. Thomas was good in net.  They slowed a little in the second but got it back in the third.   

Good to see the guys stay incontroll and not let the Habs draw them into bad penalties.  If they can stay out of the Box they should be able to take this series. 

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
that was the most unprofessional thing i've ever seen at the end of the game. a team scores and wins the game so you attack the player whose half your size? and then the big ape repeatedly beating on Hunwick. I can't wait until someones jaw gets broken and he's eating through a straw for the off-season.

Mike Komisarek is dead.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:45 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Bruins win.
Yankees lose.
Two things for me that help rectify (in part, certainly not in whole) the bad news about the Celtics today.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Bruins are too big and tough all over for them to not dominate this Canadians team. The entire first period until mid way through the second the Canadians just got out hit and couldn't seem to move Bruins players out from in front of Price. But after they went up 2-1 the B's stopped hitting and Montreal just controlled the puck until mid way through the third.

The Bruins should breeze, IMO, because they have better goaltending and better defense and are a stronger, bigger, and deeper team. As long as they can limit the Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev first line, the Habs shouldn't pose too much of a problem for this team.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 12:19:30 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
that was the most unprofessional thing i've ever seen at the end of the game. a team scores and wins the game so you attack the player whose half your size? and then the big ape repeatedly beating on Hunwick. I can't wait until someones jaw gets broken and he's eating through a straw for the off-season.

Mike Komisarek is dead.

I agree... I don't really watch much hockey, so I don't know whats acceptable and what isnt. But what I saw in today's game was just ridiculous and classless. How does the league let this stuff happen?
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 12:51:25 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
The only way the Habs can win is to get the Bruins to lose thier cool, get out of their game and start taking penalties.  Hence all the stuff at the end of the game.  Once the game was out of reach they start in with the cheep shots to try and get the Bruins all rialed up for next game.  Hopefully the  Bruins will keep thier cool.  I think they will.