Author Topic: 2020 Free Agency Thread  (Read 92643 times)

Re: 2020 Free Agency Thread
« Reply #615 on: November 22, 2020, 06:30:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yeah, there is nothing on Marc Stein's twitter. That is fake.
Yeah, rushed over to check after posting and saw that. $22m a season is a lot for him. That’s Bertans / Harris level overpaying
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #616 on: November 22, 2020, 06:30:37 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I would love to start Saric here.

Kemba / Teague / Pritchard
Brown / Smart / Edwards
Tatum / Nesmith / Langford
Saric / Williams / Ojeleye
Theis / Thompson / Williams

I love that 15

That’s a very balanced squad.

I do like the look of that.

« Reply #617 on: November 22, 2020, 06:31:59 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m
The Boston Celtics and free-agent forward Dario Saric said to have reached a "strong agreement" on joining forces for the upcoming season, league sources say

The deal offered, I’m told, is three-year offer sheet worth $67 million. More info will be given in the next few hours.

Posted  by Sydney Sun  on Nov 22, 2020 | 4:10 PM
This would have to be a piece from the prospective Hayward TPE, right? That’s about $22.3m a year
Probably if true. I just copied and pasted it from brightsideofthesun .. but it seemed somewhat legitimate
Huge overpay for a player that never lived up to expectations.
Teams like hornets , hawks and Knicks are giving away contracts like that.

« Reply #618 on: November 22, 2020, 06:32:46 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Yeah, rushed over to check after posting and saw that. $22m a season is a lot for him. That’s Bertans / Harris level overpaying

If not Saric, than how about a flyer on this Pelle kid.

« Reply #619 on: November 22, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Not sure if he does anything better than Timelord. Would rather he get the minutes

« Reply #620 on: November 22, 2020, 06:39:27 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1330575921640685568

Well, there’s that. No way to get him before the season starts now. Always questioned whether Danny would want him at that price anyways.

So what’s next? Not sure there’s currently a trade option for any TPE we get, so we may be looking at pretty much our final roster.

We've got one open spot, and the BAE, so I could see us adding some wing depth. Nothing groundbreaking, though.

I'm also pretty intrigued by the idea of getting the Hayward TPE and then using part of it to bring in TT in a S&T. That would leave us the full MLE, and while I don't think we would use it now, it could be huge in buyout season.

The past few years, we've really only had the minimum to offer a buyout player, but if we had the full MLE we could outbid basically any other contender (if we wanted to). It would reduce the TPE to more like $20 million, but I don't see us adding a $20-30 million player at the deadline/next summer either way.

Didn't we use the BAE on Teague? Or he just signed for vet min?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #621 on: November 22, 2020, 06:41:01 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Maybe he will become a legend like Pele 🤣

« Reply #622 on: November 22, 2020, 06:42:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Well, there’s that. No way to get him before the season starts now. Always questioned whether Danny would want him at that price anyways.

So what’s next? Not sure there’s currently a trade option for any TPE we get, so we may be looking at pretty much our final roster.

We've got one open spot, and the BAE, so I could see us adding some wing depth. Nothing groundbreaking, though.

I'm also pretty intrigued by the idea of getting the Hayward TPE and then using part of it to bring in TT in a S&T. That would leave us the full MLE, and while I don't think we would use it now, it could be huge in buyout season.

The past few years, we've really only had the minimum to offer a buyout player, but if we had the full MLE we could outbid basically any other contender (if we wanted to). It would reduce the TPE to more like $20 million, but I don't see us adding a $20-30 million player at the deadline/next summer either way.

Prob bae. I read somewhere 2.5m

He is still good backup and worth more than min per season

« Reply #623 on: November 22, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Not sure if he does anything better than Timelord. Would rather he get the minutes

Agreed but then you have two Timelords that can play 15 minutes each. I think Pelle is older and more of a bruiser than TIMELORD!

You can have too many TIMELORDS!

« Reply #624 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Agreed but then you have two Timelords that can play 15 minutes each. I think Pelle is older and more of a bruiser than TIMELORD!
I don’t think there’s space for both really. Theis & Thompson will both command 20+ MPG, and both Williams’ are better than Pelle in my opinion

« Reply #625 on: November 22, 2020, 06:45:25 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I don't think there's been any confirmation either way, but I'm assuming it's the minimum. I would expect our BAE signing to be 2 years, not one (since using it this year stops us from using it next year)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #626 on: November 22, 2020, 06:47:26 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Prob bae. I read somewhere 2.5m

He is still good backup and worth more than min per season

$2.5 million is the value of a vet minimum for a guy with 10+ years of experience. The BAE would be $3.6 million
I'm bitter.

« Reply #627 on: November 22, 2020, 06:47:31 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I don’t think there’s space for both really. Theis & Thompson will both command 20+ MPG, and both Williams’ are better than Pelle in my opinion

I can’t argue with that. I just surprise the Sixers just dumped him. He looked good every time I saw him last year which admittedly was not much.

« Reply #628 on: November 22, 2020, 07:01:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I can’t argue with that. I just surprise the Sixers just dumped him. He looked good every time I saw him last year which admittedly was not much.
Yeah, plus he’s 28 soon, can’t pass, and gives 8.5 fouls per36

« Reply #629 on: November 22, 2020, 07:01:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kent Bazemore, 31, drew interest from several teams, including the Clippers, Suns, Bucks, Nets, Knicks, Celtics, Lakers, and Hornets, HoopsHype has learned. The Kings pivoted off of Bazemore and will look for a younger option. – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

He went to GSW.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes