Author Topic: Celtics (48-14) at Suns (37-26) Game #63 3/9/24  (Read 8017 times)

Re: Celtics (48-14) at Suns (37-26) Game #63 3/9/24
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2024, 08:04:04 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Great win without Porzingus
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2024, 10:42:45 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thought Al made some big shots when the game got tight.

I also never thought Kornet would be a guy that would get them any good minutes but he has proved me wrong. I don't worry when he comes in the game now.

« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2024, 11:35:13 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Missed the game entirely, but just watched the replay. I liked most of what I saw from Kornet, but the Suns interior defense looked pretty bad to me. Is Nurkic considered a better defender than Ayton?

« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2024, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
The Suns are dangerous when they have everyone healthy (Nurkic, Beal, Booker, Durant). Problem is, it never seems like they are lol. Especially Beal/Booker, one of them always seems to be out and then even when they come back, the other gets hurt. Allen and O'Neale are pretty good. I wouldn't discount the Suns in the West, especially depending on how seedings play out.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #319 on: March 10, 2024, 01:45:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The Suns are dangerous when they have everyone healthy (Nurkic, Beal, Booker, Durant). Problem is, it never seems like they are lol. Especially Beal/Booker, one of them always seems to be out and then even when they come back, the other gets hurt. Allen and O'Neale are pretty good. I wouldn't discount the Suns in the West, especially depending on how seedings play out.

Good thing that's the West's problem to worry about first. Only one of them will come out of it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #320 on: March 10, 2024, 04:13:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Good thing that's the West's problem to worry about first. Only one of them will come out of it.

Yeah I'm glad we're not in the West. I know the East looks deep and it certainly could be if Embiid returns, but I really only fear like two teams. There's a handful of others who won't be easy but I think come playoff time you can expose their flaws and lack of experience. Plus a few teams are suffering major injuries too

« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2024, 09:46:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
With a B2B, it seems the C’s will rest most of their guys tomorrow

Porzingis OUT. Tatum, Holiday, White and Brown questionable. I expect 2 of the 4 play tomorrow while the next night, the two who played Monday will rest. Maybe KP returns Tuesday while Horford rests

« Reply #322 on: March 11, 2024, 09:22:30 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Missed the game entirely, but just watched the replay. I liked most of what I saw from Kornet, but the Suns interior defense looked pretty bad to me. Is Nurkic considered a better defender than Ayton?

It is an interesting question to compare Nurkic to to Ayton.  The basic box score is 15 pts/11 reb for Ayton and 12 pts/8 rebs for Nurkic, not that much different.  As to DRtg, it is hard to compare as the teams are so different but both have one of the best DRtg on their teams among starters, so they both seem to be impacting defense.  Not much difference in blocks although Ayton does play a few more minutes on average.

I would have to think that PHX is pretty happy to have gotten Grayson Allen, Nassir Little and Keon Johnson, along with Nurkic in exchange for Ayton.  POR is probably happy to have Ayton.  The problem for PHX obviously is that they have only had their starting 5 on the floor together in 20 games for a total of 274 minutes.  Even with Porzingis missing a lot of games, the Celtics have 33 games and 554 minutes (OKC for example, has had their starters together for 54 games, the most in the league).  This is an issue for teams trying to integrate new players into the core rotation of a title contending team (PHX has 3 new starters, BOS has 2 new starters).  You need more than 20 games. 

Even 33 games for BOS isn't great.  I think this is part of the problem at the end of games.  Of those 33 games where we had all the starters, how many of those games were close at the end?  Maybe there is a way to find this but how many total minutes of "crunch time" plays has the starting 5 had together?  I am guessing it is not very many.