Author Topic: Trailblazers (36-23) at Celtics (37-24) Game #62 2/27/19  (Read 38012 times)

Re: Trailblazers (36-23) at Celtics (37-24) Game #62 2/27/19
« Reply #615 on: February 27, 2019, 10:46:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
How many people got TDs in this thread. Losses are bad for TPs.

TP

« Reply #616 on: February 27, 2019, 10:46:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
we have missed 16 of last 17 threes? WOW JUST WOW
we live by the 3 and die by the 3.  tonight we're DOA  :P

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

so that is not his style? get outta here with that

so he has shown great adjustments? discipline? management? preparation?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA  keep telling yourself that

Its the entire league.  The entire league. Its not just Brad or the Celtics. You just wanna blame somebody.  The players taking the wrong shots are not his fault.  He ain't playing.  Keep blaming. Ain't gonna do nothing.

I mean, it literally is. If he had instituted any sort of discipline or accountability in these guys, then they wouldn't be consistently taking the wrong shot. But, no, Brad is just too soft and not right for this team. He's consistently failed to show that he can't manage this level of talent yet.

Unless there's a major turnaround the rest of the season, I think Brad is gone this summer.

No.  Its actually not.  They are grown men.  He's not playing the game for them.  This is the dumbest argument I've ever seen.  And, no, they aren't getting rid of Brad.  Danny is way smarter than you, bro.

I mean, I literally have a PhD, so I doubt it.  ;)

But, yeah, I always wonder what people like you think an NBA coach actually does. Lol Apparently very little. And you know what, that makes sense. I'm sure the discipline and accountability that the Spurs teams have had for decades now is all on the players and has nothing to do with the coaching staff and the culture of accountability that they've instilled. I mean, they're the ones playing the game, right? RIGHT?! Makes complete sense.  ::)

The Brad apologism still being alive after this failure of a year is simply amazing. On multiple occasions Brad has admitted how big of a failure he has been this year thus far, yet still you have posters defending him at every turn. Amazing.

« Reply #617 on: February 27, 2019, 10:47:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Our offense has become very predictable. Other teams know the ball is going to Kyrie. Notice Nurkic (of all players) was defending Kyrie towards the end of the game.

Also, we missed alot of open shots and our defense still sucks.

The team just sucks all around.

« Reply #618 on: February 27, 2019, 10:47:34 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
I don't understand how Hayward has just 3 shot attempts in 27 minutes.  Give me some of your inflated salary if that's how you're going to play, coming back from injury or not.
Did you watch the game?   Do you want him to run over and take the ball away from his teammates? There was probably one time he should have shot in this game.  Other times he didn't have anything run for him or get the ball.

No, I've only been in the game thread the entire game.  I didn't watch it ::)

I want him to be more aggressive.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I'll live with cold shooting nights.  But as long as he plays as passively as he has been we're not going to win anything.  He's by far our most skilled player off the bench.  It's time for him to start playing like it, or at least putting it on himself to get back in a rhythm.

It’s hard to describe to people who didn’t see the game how Hayward played, because it’s how the game unfolds that he jut doesn’t get the ball, he is put in the corner as a decoy or he comes out to pass the ball but there are no sets run for him.

Even in Utah he wasn’t the type of player who would jack up shots for the sake of it, like Mook and Smart did tonight. He will always pass the ball if he thinks someone else has a better shot. Maybe he should be more selfish but I just don’t think it’s in his nature to jack up shots just to get his. What they should do is try and run more sets for him, more pick and roll.

That's basically what the comment was getting at.  It's a coaching failure, first of all, to not involve Hayward more in the offense.  Having Hayward camp out in the corner while Rozier (yes I know he didn't play tonight) dribbles the air out of the ball and jacks up a low percentage shot is straight up bad basketball.

It's also on Hayward to look for his shot, especially out of the PnR.  He can create for himself and we all know this.  It's clear this season that he's driving to pass.  I love his playmaking, but when defenses know you're looking to pass first it makes you less effective.

« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2019, 10:48:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm already over this game, cuz Abby Chin liked my tweet.

« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2019, 10:49:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

Its the entire league.  The entire league. Its not just Brad or the Celtics. You just wanna blame somebody.  The players taking the wrong shots are not his fault.  He ain't playing.  Keep blaming. Ain't gonna do nothing.

I mean, it literally is. If he had instituted any sort of discipline or accountability in these guys, then they wouldn't be consistently taking the wrong shot. But, no, Brad is just too soft and not right for this team. He's consistently failed to show that he can't manage this level of talent yet.

Unless there's a major turnaround the rest of the season, I think Brad is gone this summer.
only you and a few others in your echo chamber are thinking that's a possibility or necessity.

Brad's not leaving any time soon

A boy can dream.

I admit he likely won't be, though I think that's as much about his contract as anything.

« Reply #621 on: February 27, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

You're famous now. That's sick
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #622 on: February 27, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Our offense has become very predictable. Other teams know the ball is going to Kyrie. Notice Nurkic (of all players) was defending Kyrie towards the end of the game.

Also, we missed alot of open shots and our defense still sucks.

The team just sucks all around.

Defensively, we did hold them to 97 points. Defense still has a ways to go, but that wasn't the main issue tonight.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #623 on: February 27, 2019, 10:49:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I don't understand how Hayward has just 3 shot attempts in 27 minutes.  Give me some of your inflated salary if that's how you're going to play, coming back from injury or not.
Did you watch the game?   Do you want him to run over and take the ball away from his teammates? There was probably one time he should have shot in this game.  Other times he didn't have anything run for him or get the ball.

I want him to be more aggressive.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I'll live with cold shooting nights.  But as long as he plays as passively as he has been we're not going to win anything.  He's by far our most skilled player off the bench.  It's time for him to start playing like it, or at least putting it on himself to get back in a rhythm.

It’s hard to describe to people who didn’t see the game how Hayward played, because it’s how the game unfolds that he jut doesn’t get the ball, he is put in the corner as a decoy or he comes out to pass the ball but there are no sets run for him.

Even in Utah he wasn’t the type of player who would jack up shots for the sake of it, like Mook and Smart did tonight. He will always pass the ball if he thinks someone else has a better shot. Maybe he should be more selfish but I just don’t think it’s in his nature to jack up shots just to get his. What they should do is try and run more sets for him, more pick and roll.

That's basically what the comment was getting at.  It's a coaching failure, first of all, to not involve Hayward more in the offense.  Having Hayward camp out in the corner while Rozier (yes I know he didn't play tonight) dribbles the air out of the ball and jacks up a low percentage shot is straight up bad basketball.

It's also on Hayward to look for his shot, especially out of the PnR.  He can create for himself and we all know this.  It's clear this season that he's driving to pass.  I love his playmaking, but when defenses know you're looking to pass first it makes you less effective.

Those Theis pick and rolls with Kyrie early in the game should've been Hayward and Kyrie pick and rolls.

« Reply #624 on: February 27, 2019, 10:50:02 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

I can’t see it happening after just one season of underachievement. I think Ainge has been prepared to sacrifice this season to keep all the pieces in place for AD this summer. Plus who would you replace Brad with? Try and convince Pop to come out of retirement? Get someone like Stan Van Grundy because he will yell at the players like we wish we could?

I think Brad will be given a longer rope than this summer. But That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be held accountable for failing to get the best out of this team.

I think that's exactly what Danny did. He didn't go all in on the team like Toronto, The Bucks and The Sixers did. He sat on his hands and he's waiting for AD. He didn't position the team for a win now year.

Were quite Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed if AD goes else where them aren’t we?

« Reply #625 on: February 27, 2019, 10:50:58 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

When’s Abby back?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #626 on: February 27, 2019, 10:52:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

No.  Its actually not.  They are grown men.  He's not playing the game for them.  This is the dumbest argument I've ever seen.  And, no, they aren't getting rid of Brad.  Danny is way smarter than you, bro.

I mean, I literally have a PhD, so I doubt it.  ;)

But, yeah, I always wonder what people like you think an NBA coach actually does. Lol Apparently very little. And you know what, that makes sense. I'm sure the discipline and accountability that the Spurs teams have had for decades now is all on the players and has nothing to do with the coaching staff and the culture of accountability that they've instilled. I mean, they're the ones playing the game, right? RIGHT?! Makes complete sense.  ::)

The Brad apologism still being alive after this failure of a year is simply amazing. On multiple occasions Brad has admitted how big of a failure he has been this year thus far, yet still you have posters defending him at every turn. Amazing.
well, your PhD isn't in basketball.

you seem to glaze over the critiques Brad gets that aren't a full-on blame-everything-on-Brad.  Blame goes to everyone at this point.  Players and Brad/coaches.  I think Danny gets some for p----poor handling of the Davis situation.  the timing of the team's poor play is too coincidentally aligned with the suspense at the deadline and the all-too-public knowledge that Danny's going to offer a lot of good young players and picks to get Davis. 

« Reply #627 on: February 27, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Those Theis pick and rolls with Kyrie early in the game should've been Hayward and Kyrie pick and rolls.

Why?  Theis has been demonstrating his great mid range shooting from beyond the arc all year  ::)

« Reply #628 on: February 27, 2019, 10:52:40 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
In his interview Smart just said he was a jackass for taking that 3  :laugh: well he was right he was a jackass!!  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #629 on: February 27, 2019, 10:53:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
anyway, no Rozier.  can't blame him for the loss, lack of energy or dumb plays on the court.