Author Topic: Trailblazers (36-23) at Celtics (37-24) Game #62 2/27/19  (Read 37537 times)

Re: Trailblazers (36-23) at Celtics (37-24) Game #62 2/27/19
« Reply #600 on: February 27, 2019, 10:38:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
we have missed 16 of last 17 threes? WOW JUST WOW
we live by the 3 and die by the 3.  tonight we're DOA  :P

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

so that is not his style? get outta here with that

so he has shown great adjustments? discipline? management? preparation?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA  keep telling yourself that

Its the entire league.  The entire league. Its not just Brad or the Celtics. You just wanna blame somebody.  The players taking the wrong shots are not his fault.  He ain't playing.  Keep blaming. Ain't gonna do nothing.

I mean, it literally is. If he had instituted any sort of discipline or accountability in these guys, then they wouldn't be consistently taking the wrong shot. But, no, Brad is just too soft and not right for this team. He's consistently failed to show that he can't manage this level of talent yet.

Unless there's a major turnaround the rest of the season, I think Brad is gone this summer.
only you and a few others in your echo chamber are thinking that's a possibility or necessity.

Brad's not leaving any time soon

« Reply #601 on: February 27, 2019, 10:38:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

Its the entire league.  The entire league. Its not just Brad or the Celtics. You just wanna blame somebody.  The players taking the wrong shots are not his fault.  He ain't playing.  Keep blaming. Ain't gonna do nothing.

I mean, it literally is. If he had instituted any sort of discipline or accountability in these guys, then they wouldn't be consistently taking the wrong shot. But, no, Brad is just too soft and not right for this team. He's consistently failed to show that he can't manage this level of talent yet.

Unless there's a major turnaround the rest of the season, I think Brad is gone this summer.

No.  Its actually not.  They are grown men.  He's not playing the game for them.  This is the dumbest argument I've ever seen.  And, no, they aren't getting rid of Brad.  Danny is way smarter than you, bro.

Brad is kinda soft you have to admit.

« Reply #602 on: February 27, 2019, 10:38:56 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I wasn't a big fan of the short rotation and going small.

Nah. The short rotation is better. Until Baynes gets back, small is a necessity. Williams isn't really playable. If he only had to block shots, he'd be fine. But he cannot defend the pick and roll.

Williams played 10 seconds in the 4th quarter. He should've played more. The short rotation didn't work. The going small didn't work.

In those 10 seconds, he got BODIED by Nurkic and gave up a wide open dunk.

He's not good right now. He's not our savior.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #603 on: February 27, 2019, 10:40:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

I can’t see it happening after just one season of underachievement. I think Ainge has been prepared to sacrifice this season to keep all the pieces in place for AD this summer. Plus who would you replace Brad with? Try and convince Pop to come out of retirement? Get someone like Stan Van Grundy because he will yell at the players like we wish we could?

I think Brad will be given a longer rope than this summer. But That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be held accountable for failing to get the best out of this team.

I think that's exactly what Danny did. He didn't go all in on the team like Toronto, The Bucks and The Sixers did. He sat on his hands and he's waiting for AD. He didn't position the team for a win now year.

« Reply #604 on: February 27, 2019, 10:41:18 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

No.  Its actually not.  They are grown men.  He's not playing the game for them.  This is the dumbest argument I've ever seen.  And, no, they aren't getting rid of Brad.  Danny is way smarter than you, bro.

Brad is kinda soft you have to admit.

His style hasn't changed since the moment he got here. His demeanor is one of the reasons players like playing for him.  I'll admit that.

« Reply #605 on: February 27, 2019, 10:41:36 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Tatum let’s lilard walk by ::)
Simply awful effort by him defensively and on the glass

Tatum should've been on the bench most of the game after his defensive effort on the night. It's just the same thing over and over again - no discipline or accountability for these guys. They don't have to give effort, because they're going to continue to play regardless due to the coaching staff not holding them accountable.

I agree. I also think that's the mentality the young guys have: "Hey, we took this team to the Eastern Conference Finals last year. We da bomb."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #606 on: February 27, 2019, 10:41:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don't understand how Hayward has just 3 shot attempts in 27 minutes.  Give me some of your inflated salary if that's how you're going to play, coming back from injury or not.
Did you watch the game?   Do you want him to run over and take the ball away from his teammates? There was probably one time he should have shot in this game.  Other times he didn't have anything run for him or get the ball.

No, I've only been in the game thread the entire game.  I didn't watch it ::)

I want him to be more aggressive.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I'll live with cold shooting nights.  But as long as he plays as passively as he has been we're not going to win anything.  He's by far our most skilled player off the bench.  It's time for him to start playing like it, or at least putting it on himself to get back in a rhythm.

all this time  you were in the game thread and you still got more shots off than Hayward.

Nah. The short rotation is better. Until Baynes gets back, small is a necessity. Williams isn't really playable. If he only had to block shots, he'd be fine. But he cannot defend the pick and roll.

Williams played 10 seconds in the 4th quarter. He should've played more. The short rotation didn't work. The going small didn't work.

Enes Kanter's 8 points and 7 rebounds would've been helpful :(
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #607 on: February 27, 2019, 10:42:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I don't understand how Hayward has just 3 shot attempts in 27 minutes.  Give me some of your inflated salary if that's how you're going to play, coming back from injury or not.
Did you watch the game?   Do you want him to run over and take the ball away from his teammates? There was probably one time he should have shot in this game.  Other times he didn't have anything run for him or get the ball.

I want him to be more aggressive.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I'll live with cold shooting nights.  But as long as he plays as passively as he has been we're not going to win anything.  He's by far our most skilled player off the bench.  It's time for him to start playing like it, or at least putting it on himself to get back in a rhythm.

It’s hard to describe to people who didn’t see the game how Hayward played, because it’s the same for most of his low FGA games. It’s just how the game unfolds that he just doesn’t get the ball, he is put in the corner as a decoy or he comes out to pass the ball but there are no sets run for him.

Even in Utah he wasn’t the type of player who would jack up shots for the sake of it, like Mook and Smart did tonight. He will always pass the ball if he thinks someone else has a better shot. Maybe he should be more selfish but I just don’t think it’s in his nature to jack up shots just to get his. What they should do is try and run more sets for him, more pick and roll.

Also he didn’t play passive...he was involved in a number of effort and hustle plays which is why he’s a +13 when everyone else other than Jaylen was a minus. Onfortunately in the 4th they made Gordon and Jaylen stand in the corners again while they played a 3 man game with smart/al/Kyrie.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #608 on: February 27, 2019, 10:43:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
you'd think we'd win a game where we hold an opponent to 6-33 from 3 and 38-90 for the game but nooooo. 

C's go 5-28 from 3 (lower percentage) while going 40-86 for the game.  more proof that when 3's aren't falling, drive to the basket.  of course the refs didn't help by only giving C's 10 FT attempts for the game to Portland's 20. 

just an ugly game

« Reply #609 on: February 27, 2019, 10:43:55 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

I can’t see it happening after just one season of underachievement. I think Ainge has been prepared to sacrifice this season to keep all the pieces in place for AD this summer. Plus who would you replace Brad with? Try and convince Pop to come out of retirement? Get someone like Stan Van Grundy because he will yell at the players like we wish we could?

I think Brad will be given a longer rope than this summer. But That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be held accountable for failing to get the best out of this team.

I agree, Oz. This team, even if it played really well this season, wasn't Danny's endgame. He's going for AD, he'll do whatever it takes to make it happen, and next season will be the real first attempt at going for it all.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #610 on: February 27, 2019, 10:44:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

all this time  you were in the game thread and you still got more shots off than Hayward.

He is good. He's not a savior, what ever that means. He played 10 seconds and a guy who scored 16 points got two points on him after he was shoved away ( should've been an offensive foul, one of the many missed tonight) in the paint after he came in for 10 seconds half way through the 4th quarter. He should've gotten minutes in the first half and then maybe some in the third.

« Reply #611 on: February 27, 2019, 10:45:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It’s hard to describe to people who didn’t see the game how Hayward played, because it’s how the game unfolds that he jut doesn’t get the ball, he is put in the corner as a decoy or he comes out to pass the ball but there are no sets run for him.

Even in Utah he wasn’t the type of player who would jack up shots for the sake of it, like Mook and Smart did tonight. He will always pass the ball if he thinks someone else has a better shot. Maybe he should be more selfish but I just don’t think it’s in his nature to jack up shots just to get his. What they should do is try and run more sets for him, more pick and roll.
Exactly right. It's almost like he's too aware for his own good. He doesn't have the mentality that most elite score-first players do, where theirs comes before anybody else's. Whoever has the best shot is who Hayward will try and set up
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #612 on: February 27, 2019, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How many people got TDs in this thread. Losses are bad for TPs.

« Reply #613 on: February 27, 2019, 10:45:40 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Next guy to sit and not play...Morris. What has happened to this guy?

« Reply #614 on: February 27, 2019, 10:46:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Energy and effort were there.

But yet again, an abysmal 3rd quarter is what ultimately costs us. That and the poor outside shooting + atrocious rebounding in crucial moments.

if i had a dollar for every time i have read this just this year alone

LET'S GO CELTICS!