Author Topic: Trailblazers (36-23) at Celtics (37-24) Game #62 2/27/19  (Read 38096 times)

Re: Trailblazers (36-23) at Celtics (37-24) Game #62 2/27/19
« Reply #585 on: February 27, 2019, 10:33:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I don't understand how Hayward has just 3 shot attempts in 27 minutes.  Give me some of your inflated salary if that's how you're going to play, coming back from injury or not.
Did you watch the game?   Do you want him to run over and take the ball away from his teammates? There was probably one time he should have shot in this game.  Other times he didn't have anything run for him or get the ball.

Should've posted him up too. More post ups all around!

« Reply #586 on: February 27, 2019, 10:33:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I wasn't a big fan of the short rotation and going small.

Nah. The short rotation is better. Until Baynes gets back, small is a necessity. Williams isn't really playable. If he only had to block shots, he'd be fine. But he cannot defend the pick and roll.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #587 on: February 27, 2019, 10:33:59 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
I don't understand how Hayward has just 3 shot attempts in 27 minutes.  Give me some of your inflated salary if that's how you're going to play, coming back from injury or not.
Did you watch the game?   Do you want him to run over and take the ball away from his teammates? There was probably one time he should have shot in this game.  Other times he didn't have anything run for him or get the ball.

No, I've only been in the game thread the entire game.  I didn't watch it ::)

I want him to be more aggressive.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I'll live with cold shooting nights.  But as long as he plays as passively as he has been we're not going to win anything.  He's by far our most skilled player off the bench.  It's time for him to start playing like it, or at least putting it on himself to get back in a rhythm.

« Reply #588 on: February 27, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Energy and effort were there.

But yet again, an abysmal 3rd quarter is what ultimately costs us. That and the poor outside shooting + atrocious rebounding in crucial moments.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #589 on: February 27, 2019, 10:34:57 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003

Should've posted him up too. More post ups all around!

Nah, according to this guy he should have only had 1 shot attempt for the entire game.  That's the better option.

« Reply #590 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This was just depressing
agreed.  in recent years with lower expectations at least they played hard and tried.  this season is just getting mailed in since the whole Davis tempest around the trading deadline.  might have actually been to the team's benefit if Davis did go to the Lakers because then they wouldn't be playing with offseason trades running through their heads

« Reply #591 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:26 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
we have missed 16 of last 17 threes? WOW JUST WOW
we live by the 3 and die by the 3.  tonight we're DOA  :P

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

so that is not his style? get outta here with that

so he has shown great adjustments? discipline? management? preparation?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA  keep telling yourself that

Its the entire league.  The entire league. Its not just Brad or the Celtics. You just wanna blame somebody.  The players taking the wrong shots are not his fault.  He ain't playing.  Keep blaming. Ain't gonna do nothing.

I mean, it literally is. If he had instituted any sort of discipline or accountability in these guys, then they wouldn't be consistently taking the wrong shot. But, no, Brad is just too soft and not right for this team. He's consistently failed to show that he can't manage this level of talent yet.

Unless there's a major turnaround the rest of the season, I think Brad is gone this summer.

No.  Its actually not.  They are grown men.  He's not playing the game for them.  This is the dumbest argument I've ever seen.  And, no, they aren't getting rid of Brad.  Danny is way smarter than you, bro.

« Reply #592 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I wasn't a big fan of the short rotation and going small.

Nah. The short rotation is better. Until Baynes gets back, small is a necessity. Williams isn't really playable. If he only had to block shots, he'd be fine. But he cannot defend the pick and roll.

Williams played 10 seconds in the 4th quarter. He should've played more. The short rotation didn't work. The going small didn't work.

« Reply #593 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:38 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This team ... sucks.

Another terrible third quarter. Another late rally that ultimately proved meaningless. Another bad shooting game for Morris. Another bad 3pt-shooting night for the team.

Not sure these guys will ever learn. Anything.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #594 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Tatum let’s lilard walk by ::)
Simply awful effort by him defensively and on the glass

Tatum should've been on the bench most of the game after his defensive effort on the night. It's just the same thing over and over again - no discipline or accountability for these guys. They don't have to give effort, because they're going to continue to play regardless due to the coaching staff not holding them accountable.

« Reply #595 on: February 27, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I want him to be more aggressive.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I'll live with cold shooting nights.  But as long as he plays as passively as he has been we're not going to win anything.  He's by far our most skilled player off the bench.  It's time for him to start playing like it, or at least putting it on himself to get back in a rhythm.

all this time  you were in the game thread and you still got more shots off than Hayward.

« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:31 PM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21

I agree, but you can't just jack up shots the few times you get it.  He played well tonight.

« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:40 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Tatum let’s lilard walk by ::)
Simply awful effort by him defensively and on the glass

Tatum should've been on the bench most of the game after his defensive effort on the night. It's just the same thing over and over again - no discipline or accountability for these guys. They don't have to give effort, because they're going to continue to play regardless due to the coaching staff not holding them accountable.
I agree, he shot well but he was invisible everywhere else.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:49 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
we have missed 16 of last 17 threes? WOW JUST WOW
we live by the 3 and die by the 3.  tonight we're DOA  :P

thanks to brad.

blah blah blah blah blah

so that is not his style? get outta here with that

so he has shown great adjustments? discipline? management? preparation?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA  keep telling yourself that

Its the entire league.  The entire league. Its not just Brad or the Celtics. You just wanna blame somebody.  The players taking the wrong shots are not his fault.  He ain't playing.  Keep blaming. Ain't gonna do nothing.

I mean, it literally is. If he had instituted any sort of discipline or accountability in these guys, then they wouldn't be consistently taking the wrong shot. But, no, Brad is just too soft and not right for this team. He's consistently failed to show that he can't manage this level of talent yet.

Unless there's a major turnaround the rest of the season, I think Brad is gone this summer.

I can’t see it happening after just one season of underachievement. I think Ainge has been prepared to sacrifice this season to keep all the pieces in place for AD this summer. Plus who would you replace Brad with? Try and convince Pop to come out of retirement? Get someone like Stan Van Grundy because he will yell at the players like we wish we could?

I think Brad will be given a longer rope than this summer. But That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be held accountable for failing to get the best out of this team.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2019, 10:38:08 PM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21

all this time  you were in the game thread and you still got more shots off than Hayward.

LOL