Author Topic: OKC and Denver Trade?  (Read 1875 times)

OKC and Denver Trade?
« on: July 06, 2019, 11:47:57 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Would a trade between OKC and Denver make sense for both sides?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yy9pjkye

OKC receives: Millsap, Harris, Plumlee, Porter Jr and 2/3 first rounders.

Denver receives: Westbrook and Adams.

OKC goes full rebuild with Porter JR and picks from LAC and Den.

Denver has starting 5 of Westbrook, Murray, Barton, Adams, Jokic With some good bench players. They could be a top 3 team in the West and challenge the LA teams.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 01:01:57 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: OKC and Denver Trade?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:02:10 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Denver win it all with that group
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 12:04:12 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Denver clearly says no. They have enough good guards that are signed long term and Westbrook will only take the ball out of Jokic hands

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 12:28:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Denver clearly says no. They have enough good guards that are signed long term and Westbrook will only take the ball out of Jokic hands

Denver would be balanced both defensively and offensively. It wouldn’t be Westbrook’s team like it is in OKC. He would be surrounded with shooters and the lane would be open for driving. I think it’s a risk worth taking for Denver. They are a 4-5 seed right now at best in the West. LAC, LAL, Houston, Potland, Utah and possibly GS (if Klay comes back towards he end of the year) are all better IMO.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell

Denver would be balanced both defensively and offensively. It wouldn’t be Westbrook’s team like it is in OKC. He would be surrounded with shooters and the lane would be open for driving. I think it’s a risk worth taking for Denver. They are a 4-5 seed right now at best in the West. LAC, LAL, Houston, Potland, Utah and possibly GS (if Klay comes back towards he end of the year) are all better IMO.
Well the 2/3 first rounders will be the sticking point.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Well the 2/3 first rounders will be the sticking point.

If Denver is a top 10 team, those picks are going to be in the 20-30 spot. That’s a deal breaker?

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 01:04:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I don't understand why any team that is already competitive would consider trading for Russ Westbrook. He is a stat machine, but his shooting is highly inefficient. He is too ball dominant.  He has slowed down the last season. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Hope the Knicks get blinded and throw some assets to acquire him. Would be typical.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 01:24:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I don't understand why any team that is already competitive would consider trading for Russ Westbrook. He is a stat machine, but his shooting is highly inefficient. He is too ball dominant.  He has slowed down the last season. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Hope the Knicks get blinded and throw some assets to acquire him. Would be typical.

Like you said, Denver is competitive, but they are not a contender.  George just bailed on Westbrook in OKC  and maybe that will be the wake up call he needed. Adding Westbrook and Adams gives them a chance to be better. What they currently have is not enough to contend in a loaded western conference.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Denver need a small forward rather than more guards or bigs ..
Maybe we can send them Hayward as we desperately need a 4 and get Millsap .
Milsap and Kanter played together in Utah

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Miami would be a logical landing spot for Westbrook, but Riley is capped out, and I don't know how he gets Westbrook with the talent he has left after Butler.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 02:10:42 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Miami would be a logical landing spot for Westbrook, but Riley is capped out, and I don't know how he gets Westbrook with the talent he has left after Butler.
I don’t think the asking price for him is high.
I assume expiring contracts .. a young player and a future pick

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
It's staggering to imagine of how Westbrook would play at sea-level after training full time in Denver.