Author Topic: Former Celtic Nate Robinson boxing Jake Paul in undercard for Mike Tyson fight  (Read 7380 times)

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I expect Roy Jones to easily beat Tyson since he retired just two years ago and Tyson retired 15 years ago. I’d like to watch it, but I’m not paying for silly exhibition fights.

Yeah, Jones will be quicker and less rusty.  Plus, this is supposed to be “heavy sparring”, with neither trying for a knockout.  That’s never going to play to Tyson’s (former) strengths.

But hey, for $20 million I’d take a beating, too.

I wonder if it will just be sparring with neither really trying to hurt each other. 

For $20 million, I’d take a Tyson punch too.  It would be worth the month long hospital stay.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Man, this main event is shameful. I'm streaming it for free because nobody deserves a cent for this, but yikes, pathetic stuff.

As a boxing fan this is legitimately disgusting viewing. It's no better than watching two middle aged men fight in a pub
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Wow!  I expected Nate Robinson to destroy that guy because of his athleticism.

I knew within the first 15 seconds that Nate literally couldn’t throw a punch correctly. Add in no defensive ability (surprise surprise) and it was only a matter of when.

I have no idea who Jake Paul is, other than a YouTuber with one fight. But it was clear he took many more boxing lessons and probably way more prepared. He’d get knocked out just as viciously as Nate should he step in with a legit professional boxer, but you can tell he knew how to conduct himself (granted, versus a novice) in the ring.
CELTICS 2024

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
thoughts

isn't Nate like 40 ? Fighting a 22 year old anybody is tuff ....thats the peak of most guys strenght pro or not . 

Yes peoples are bored silly and will pay or do stupid things for entertainment....I also have 100 channels and nothing to watch .. :(

yes ,  most all of us would take a whipping and be knocked out for a million dollars. ....just keep the rescue crew on standby ....please. ;D

A humans we keep lowering he bar everyday for entertainment and common sense.

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I expect Roy Jones to easily beat Tyson since he retired just two years ago and Tyson retired 15 years ago. I’d like to watch it, but I’m not paying for silly exhibition fights.

Jones looked slow and out of shape. Mike seemed to have taken  the training more seriously and was in excellent shape. Roy ran from him like a matador for most of the fight and Mike was trying to knock him out.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Yeah, Jones will be quicker and less rusty.  Plus, this is supposed to be “heavy sparring”, with neither trying for a knockout.  That’s never going to play to Tyson’s (former) strengths.

But hey, for $20 million I’d take a beating, too.

He wasn’t. Is was actually quite the opposite.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SYkML96x8
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:56:11 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Jones looked slow and out of shape. Mike seemed to have taken  the training more seriously and was in excellent shape. Roy ran from him like a matador for most of the fight and Mike was trying to knock him out.
It’s really strange seeing Jones still fight like he did in the 80s with his hands down and relying on head movement and reflexes. Not going to work at 50

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I want to see KG vs IT boxing match

i d pay good money for that !

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ricky berwick has challenged jake Paul

https://youtu.be/31zWiYd78B4

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
thoughts

isn't Nate like 40 ? Fighting a 22 year old anybody is tuff ....thats the peak of most guys strenght pro or not . 

Yes peoples are bored silly and will pay or do stupid things for entertainment....I also have 100 channels and nothing to watch .. :(

yes ,  most all of us would take a whipping and be knocked out for a million dollars. ....just keep the rescue crew on standby ....please. ;D

A humans we keep lowering he bar everyday for entertainment and common sense.

Apparently he was legit knocked out for a little while.
Yup

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Logan Paul — Jake Paul’s brother — set to take on Floyd Mayweather next.

I don’t get it:  why would somebody buy this fight?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:25:00 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Jake Paul set to take on Floyd Mayweather next.

That is absolutely absurd.  Does someone have to sanction it?  I don’t know that works.  It is certainly a fight that should never happen.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Jake Paul set to take on Floyd Mayweather next.

That is absolutely absurd.  Does someone have to sanction it?  I don’t know that works.  It is certainly a fight that should never happen.
It’ll have to be an exhibition fight... right? It’s a lose lose scenario for Floyd if it was a genuine fight.

Boxing is really disgracing itself in it’s attempts to capture the MMA audience