Author Topic: 2019 Historical Draft Thread(TIME TO REVEAL THE WINNER!!!)  (Read 191485 times)

Re: 2019 Historical Draft Thread(Weekend is over and Round 3 is open!!!)
« Reply #645 on: August 26, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
With the 6th pick of round 3, the Portland Trailblazers will select Charles Barkley.

While the Blazers would have preferred a more defensive oriented player, they couldn't pass up the last remaining top 20 player on ESPN's all time list (he was 18th), who just so happened to be a teammate of Moses in Philly and played with Magic on the Dream Team.  The Blazers are just going to have to outscore everyone and clean up the glass (good thing I have 3 top ten rebounders from their position all time).

Plus you have a PF who dunked on Barney!
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2019, 01:04:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
With the 6th pick of round 3, the Portland Trailblazers will select Charles Barkley.

While the Blazers would have preferred a more defensive oriented player, they couldn't pass up the last remaining top 20 player on ESPN's all time list (he was 18th), who just so happened to be a teammate of Moses in Philly and played with Magic on the Dream Team.  The Blazers are just going to have to outscore everyone and clean up the glass (good thing I have 3 top ten rebounders from their position all time).
Yeah I figured you'd go gung ho on offense lol. Great frontline, teams are going to have their hands full against the Round Mound of the Rebound and the Chairman of the Boards.
Pippen was the top guy on my list.  I had Barkley at #2, but in a vacuum Barkley is better than Pippen.  Frankly, Barkley is in my mind the best player that will be taken in this round overall so getting him at 6 is tremendous value even if the fit isn't necessarily perfect given I have no elite defenders through 3 rounds.  That said, it isn't that hard to find elite defenders that you can call on when you need a stop and I still have the 2 wing slots left to start picking some of those guys up.  I have a couple of guys in mind that I think would be perfect, but I'm not sure they will be there for round 4 and 5.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #647 on: August 26, 2019, 01:04:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Interesting thing that I did not know about the year where Nate Archibald led the league in both scoring and assists -- is that his team also led the league in offensive efficiency.

I never knew that until a few days ago.

That is impressive.
34PPG and a 39% assist rate. His usage rate had to be gigantic that year.

« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2019, 01:05:15 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
9 picks till me and 13 players I wanted at that pick. Guess im good.

« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Yeah I figured you'd go gung ho on offense lol. Great frontline, teams are going to have their hands full against the Round Mound of the Rebound and the Chairman of the Boards.
Pippen was the top guy on my list.  I had Barkley at #2, but in a vacuum Barkley is better than Pippen.  Frankly, Barkley is in my mind the best player that will be taken in this round overall so getting him at 6 is tremendous value even if the fit isn't necessarily perfect given I have no elite defenders through 3 rounds.  That said, it isn't that hard to find elite defenders that you can call on when you need a stop and I still have the 2 wing slots left to start picking some of those guys up.  I have a couple of guys in mind that I think would be perfect, but I'm not sure they will be there for round 4 and 5.
Yeah I wanted Pippen as well, his game was extremely scalable, but Barkley is definitely BPA. And I think you'll do fine as long as you find some 3 and D stars lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2019, 01:10:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I think the possibility is there that one other player could be picked that is, IMO, better than Barkley.

« Reply #651 on: August 26, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Going with Flash at SG

« Reply #652 on: August 26, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am shocked Wade lasted this long.

Great value at this stage in the draft.

« Reply #653 on: August 26, 2019, 01:11:31 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Going with Flash at SG

I think he was the only player left who authored a "strong MVP" peak. Great pick!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #654 on: August 26, 2019, 01:12:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Barkley with Magic and Moses is pretty awesome. As Moranis pointed out, Barkley played with both players. I love the fit and younger Barkley loved to run. Doing so with Magic would be special

« Reply #655 on: August 26, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I am shocked Wade lasted this long.

Great value at this stage in the draft.
His game is really difficult to scale, so I wasn't surprised. Greenfaith might have the team that fits him though.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #656 on: August 26, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
With the 8th pick of the 3rd round, the Dallas Mavericks select Chris "CP3" Paul!
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #657 on: August 26, 2019, 01:16:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I think the possibility is there that one other player could be picked that is, IMO, better than Barkley.
maybe, especially in the 1 season model, but Barkley was the highest ranked player left on ESPN's All Time list (as I said he was 18, Stockton was 19).  I know that isn't the gospel, but I do think it is a pretty solid list overall at least for career value.  Now in the one season model, there might be some players that will eclipse Barkley's peak. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #658 on: August 26, 2019, 01:21:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
With 3(9) the ninth pick in the third round of the draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select Tracy McGrady!

Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #659 on: August 26, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
With the 8th pick of the 3rd round, the Dallas Mavericks select Chris "CP3" Paul!
Great pick!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA