Author Topic: Reds' pitcher arrested for shoplifting  (Read 4670 times)

Reds' pitcher arrested for shoplifting
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:00:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aouv.BsaQPEMWhrKVeeY_JcRvLYF?slug=ap-reds-leakearrested

Reds pitcher Mike Leake was arrested on a shoplifting charge at a downtown department store Monday, accused of trying to steal six shirts with a total value of $59.88

really?  the guy makes like 10,000 times that amount.  why is he shoplifting?  completely idiotic....
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Reds' pitcher arrested for shoplifting
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aouv.BsaQPEMWhrKVeeY_JcRvLYF?slug=ap-reds-leakearrested

Reds pitcher Mike Leake was arrested on a shoplifting charge at a downtown department store Monday, accused of trying to steal six shirts with a total value of $59.88

really?  the guy makes like 10,000 times that amount.  why is he shoplifting?  completely idiotic....

I don't get this kind of thing ... it's gotta be a prone to cleptomania ... there's just no other reason that would make sense. Idiot deserves to get caught. :P
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

really?  the guy makes like 10,000 times that amount.  why is he shoplifting?  completely idiotic....

I don't get this kind of thing ... it's gotta be a prone to cleptomania ... there's just no other reason that would make sense. Idiot deserves to get caught. :P

Didn't Winona Ryder get caught stealing a few shirts a couple years ago?  She admitted to being a cleptomaniac. 
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

Didn't Winona Ryder get caught stealing a few shirts a couple years ago?  She admitted to being a cleptomaniac. 

Maybe these two are made for each other.

And isn't it kleptomaniac?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Quite a bit of shoplifting isn't out of need or inability to pay, but for the rush of getting away with stealing.  Sounds like the same situation here.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 09:23:38 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Didn't Winona Ryder get caught stealing a few shirts a couple years ago?  She admitted to being a cleptomaniac.  

Yup ... more than once ... she craves the "excitement" of it, which is typical klepto emotional motivation.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Quite a bit of shoplifting isn't out of need or inability to pay, but for the rush of getting away with stealing.  Sounds like the same situation here.

weeee!  let's steal 6 shirts! 
sounds like a great saturday afternoon to me....

sorry, but this dude makes more money in one year than most people make in 10.  he's just got to find a better way to get his kicks.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

sorry, but this dude makes more money in one year than most people make in 10.  he's just got to find a better way to get his kicks.

I completely agree, just saying money isn't really the motivation behind this kind of behavior.  Maybe he can just stick to hookers and blackjack like an adult.

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:29:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

I completely agree, just saying money isn't really the motivation behind this kind of behavior.  Maybe he can just stick to blackjack and hookers like an adult.

Or maybe they should make shoplifting legal in Nevada, like gambling and prostitution.
;)

TP, i understand what you' re saying, i'm just trying to razz on this guy because i think its ridiculous.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kleptos are some odd ducks.  I defend them on shop-lifting charges from time to time, and when you ask "why did you do it", the most common answer I get is "I don't know, and I wish I could stop".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »

Offline manbehindtheman

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11

I completely agree, just saying money isn't really the motivation behind this kind of behavior.  Maybe he can just stick to hookers and blackjack like an adult.

hehe that is a good one, but don't forget about craps too!