Author Topic: Red Sox 2010  (Read 71519 times)

Re: Red Sox 2010
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
That's a heck of a bullpen to go along with adding Crawford and Gonzalez. I hate the fact they are weak up the middle at the SS and catcher's position but everyplace else they are completely stacked.

I liking this team's chances of winning it all next year. I guess that bridge year idea of Theo's worked.

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
On paper, a heckuva offseason for the Boy Wonder.

I think more credit has to go to the Henry and the front office for sacking up and ponying out the dough to make this all happen. After feeling like they were pretty cheap for the last 2 years they have undoubtedly done a lot to restore the Nations faith in them as owners.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
That's a heck of a bullpen to go along with adding Crawford and Gonzalez. I hate the fact they are weak up the middle at the SS and catcher's position but everyplace else they are completely stacked.

I liking this team's chances of winning it all next year. I guess that bridge year idea of Theo's worked.

I have a hard time seeing Lowrie being the every day SS for a full season (though he show a bit of pop in the bat).  I'm guessing someone will emerge as more trade bait during the season and they'll acquire a glove.
Yup

« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2010, 08:22:19 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I have a hard time seeing Lowrie being the every day SS for a full season (though he show a bit of pop in the bat).  I'm guessing someone will emerge as more trade bait during the season and they'll acquire a glove.

I think you will see scutaro as the starting SS this year.  He played hurt for a large portion of last year and really gutted it out.  He is also a pretty solid fielder so I am pretty comfortable there. 

Catcher im scared about though haha
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Who needs a diversion?

I can't think of a better place to look than spring training, where the grass is always greener!

Things I am looking forward to:

1. A dominant defensive outfield and a top tier defensive infield.

2. 3 potential aces, 1 potential future ace (buch), and 1 japanese import with talent who is pitching for pride this season.

3. A bounce back year from Big Papi. He has one big year left in him.

4. A-Gon at the deadline.

5. V-Mart being the team MVP and a clutch hitter.

6. Beltre finiding his Fenway stroke a la Mikey Lowell in 2007.

7. Paps dominating after letting down the team in an elimination game last year. (Plus he is pitching for money and respect)

8. A fun double play combination in Pedey ans Scutaro

9. Jacoby Ellsbury threatening 100 steals with his legs being saved from the outfield shift.

10. A JD Drew contract year. Count on a more aggressive hitter with runners on base.

11. Winning with alot of home grown talent.

I really could go on forever. It's spring training! Bask in the positive energy!

I want to revisit what I said last year and update for this year!

1. A great defensive outfield and pretty good defensive infield

2. Bounce back years from Beckett and Lackey. Cy Young for Lester. Anything from Dice-K (he's our 5th starter)

3. Another solid year from Big Papi. I know I said he had one more big year last year but with more protection in that lineup, I think we could see similar numbers to last year. Maybe even better.

4. A-Gone! I thought we would get him eventually but I am so pumped about this guy. It is scary what this guy is capable of in Fenway.

5. Salty has some upside. You never know. I like what Francona says. At worst this kid is going to call the game and handle a pitching staff. At best we've got a switch hitter with power.

6.Well I was right about Beltre last year. We dont have a player like that this year. It's kind of nice. Although in this line-up, I can see Carl Crawford going bonkers hitting .310 15 hrs 110 rbi 50 steals 130 runs Gold Glove left fielder.

7. Paps pitching for money. I know I said this last year but I dont think this guy is done. A potentially dominant bullpen Paps, Bard, and Jenks can all make bats miss. Dan Wheeleer has been dependable and solid for years. I think hes our new Mike Timlin.

8. Pedroia! Holy cow are you kidding me! He is healthy and no one is talking about this guy. He was an MVP! It speaks volumes for the amount of exciting star power we have on this team.

9. Ellsbury healthy. He got a lot of flack last year but he still remains one of the most exciting players in the game (along with Crawford). Not alot of pressure on him this year. He can even hit 9th!

10. A JD Drew contract year. Count on a more aggressive hitter with runners on base. Haha...copy and paste. I was wrong about it being a contract year last year. This is the year!

11. Winning the AL East with a combination of home grown talent and great FA signings.

Once again I could go on forever. This is such an exciting year for Red Sox fans!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:24:49 PM by Greenbean »

« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Yeah, I can't believe the Bill James projections only have Gonzalez hitting in the low 30s for HRs.  In this park with this lineup, I could easily see him hitting 50+. 

Should be a very good year.  The only thing that makes me a little wary is that while we did pick up Gonzalez and Crawford, we also lost Beltre and Martinez.  A net gain yes, but not as big perhaps as some may think. 

However, I think we should also keep in mind that last year's team was a 95+ win team if healthy.  So even if we're only a little better this year, we can still win 100 games. 

« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2011, 07:26:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yeah, I can't believe the Bill James projections only have Gonzalez hitting in the low 30s for HRs.  In this park with this lineup, I could easily see him hitting 50+. 

Should be a very good year.  The only thing that makes me a little wary is that while we did pick up Gonzalez and Crawford, we also lost Beltre and Martinez.  A net gain yes, but not as big perhaps as some may think. 

However, I think we should also keep in mind that last year's team was a 95+ win team if healthy.  So even if we're only a little better this year, we can still win 100 games. 

Yeah ... I don't like losing Beltre and Martinez, either ... but Crawford and Gonzales make it much easier to swallow.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *