Author Topic: What happens to Westbrook now?  (Read 3247 times)

Re: What happens to Westbrook now?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 09:32:14 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Westbrook is a hell of a player but that contract is just brutal!! :o

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 09:35:51 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I agree Knicks

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 09:41:27 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I agree Knicks

It sounds like the Knicks are finally learning from past failures, although nothing will surprise me.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 09:44:01 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Westbrook:

38 mil this upcoming year
41 mil 2020-21
44 mil 2021-22
47 mil player option in 2022-23

No way in hell anyone but the knicks deal for that contract for a 31 year old.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 09:51:26 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Love to OKC? or Westbrook to New York if he wants out
Yea I think love and Westbrook would be good for each other...... Idk why NY would trade for him..... Nobody wanted to go to NYK and everyone is leaving russ so why bring in russ if
A. U don't have anyone to pair him with
B. You can't get anyone else
C. Ur desperate

Answer C

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 09:54:33 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
Westbrook:

38 mil this upcoming year
41 mil 2020-21
44 mil 2021-22
47 mil player option in 2022-23

No way in hell anyone but the knicks deal for that contract for a 31 year old.

It would need to be a trade for an equally bad contract.  Just throwing stuff at the wall, but maybe we could see something like a Wall for Westbrook deal.  Washington is apparently hesitant to move on from Beal.  Westbrook would enable them to be competitive next season.

As for OKC, they would be able to put their rebuild into motion while Wall is still recovering. 

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 09:56:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Knicks are desperate to get A STAR PLAYER so Westbrook would be the guy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 09:56:50 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
OKC has 40 mil a year tied up in Westbrook and over 25 mil a year in Adams...and they most likely won't make the playoffs.

Those 2 guys have to be moved and you have to start over.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
OKC has 40 mil a year tied up in Westbrook and over 25 mil a year in Adams...and they most likely won't make the playoffs.

Those 2 guys have to be moved and you have to start over.

OKC wont be able to move that contract without taking on something equally as bad.  I suppose they could give another team draft picks in exchange for shorter contracts.  Options will definitely be limited.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Hayward, Yabu and first round pick for Westbrook

People complain that Kemba is going to take too many shots away from the J's and now you want to add to that problem?

Hayward is a better team player than Westbrook, and will make every one around him better. Westbrook only makes himself look better.

I was thinking more of how to get Yabu off this team TBH I expect Russ to be moved to Miami for bad contracts and picks
Why do they need to get rid of Yabusele? I agree that he hasn’t shown us anything but there is no reason to look for ways to get rid of him. His contract is short and not that expensive. It’s not like he is keeping them from adding a good player. His contract might even be useful in a trade deadline deal.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 10:11:27 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

People complain that Kemba is going to take too many shots away from the J's and now you want to add to that problem?

Hayward is a better team player than Westbrook, and will make every one around him better. Westbrook only makes himself look better.

I was thinking more of how to get Yabu off this team TBH I expect Russ to be moved to Miami for bad contracts and picks
Why do they need to get rid of Yabusele? I agree that he hasn’t shown us anything but there is no reason to look for ways to get rid of him. His contract is short and not that expensive. It’s not like he is keeping them from adding a good player. His contract might even be useful in a trade deadline deal.

Because he is a waste of a roster spot and a waste of $3 million. Plus I just don't think he adds anything. He is pointless other than being a novelty act. He has made no strides at all.

I pray he can be used for a deadline deal.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

Because he is a waste of a roster spot and a waste of $3 million. Plus I just don't think he adds anything. He is pointless other than being a novelty act. He has made no strides at all.

I pray he can be used for a deadline deal.
I’m not defending Yabu’s play, he’s done nothing. But if they needed that spot they could move him easily enough and I don’t really care about the money. It’s not as if his salary is keeping them from adding an impact player. It might even help them make a deal at the deadline. If not just let him walk.

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 10:17:50 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I think the Knicks are better run now and won't consider taking on Westbrook even if the cost were nothing. Westbrook would help make their future draft picks worth less, and eat up shots they want their young players to take.

If it were earlier in free agency and you knew an additional star would be a combo deal, I could see them being willing to do it. Westbrook solo isn't really worth it.

The idea of trading him for Wall is fun but the four years is really tough. If you are a rebuilding team, I could see taking on a 3-year deal just for assets, but 4 years? Also, I expect Washington to begrudgingly start a rebuild sooner rather than later. Having an unhappy Westbrook would be worse than an unhappy Wall, since Wall can't really play anymore.

Perhaps Chris Paul is an option? He's "only" signed for three years and the Rockets are desperate to stay relevant. You get one year less on the supermax deal and maybe a future bad first rounder.

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think the Knicks are better run now and won't consider taking on Westbrook even if the cost were nothing. Westbrook would help make their future draft picks worth less, and eat up shots they want their young players to take.

If it were earlier in free agency and you knew an additional star would be a combo deal, I could see them being willing to do it. Westbrook solo isn't really worth it.

The idea of trading him for Wall is fun but the four years is really tough. If you are a rebuilding team, I could see taking on a 3-year deal just for assets, but 4 years? Also, I expect Washington to begrudgingly start a rebuild sooner rather than later. Having an unhappy Westbrook would be worse than an unhappy Wall, since Wall can't really play anymore.

Perhaps Chris Paul is an option? He's "only" signed for three years and the Rockets are desperate to stay relevant. You get one year less on the supermax deal and maybe a future bad first rounder.
Dolan is still the owner.  Is he willing to be a distant 2nd fiddle in his own city? 

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 12:52:09 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
OKC still need to shed salary to get under the tax. So if they traded Westbrook, they would take back less salary.

I don't see a rush to move him though, it's a long contract. They can easily wait until next summer to move him. In the meantime they should be looking to move Adams to get under the luxury tax.