Author Topic: Who HAS to be our 'X Factor'  (Read 6089 times)

Who HAS to be our 'X Factor'
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:42:49 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Who needs to play well every game of this series for us to even have a chance to win this series. Rememeber we're expecting IT and AB to play well. So who needs to do it?

I've seen some people say Sully needs to be a monster. I want to go somewhere different. I think I am going with Bass. He's surely capable of going for 17 and 10. Not to mention I think his physical style of D could bother Kevin Love. Remember when Bass played great D on Melo in that series with the Knicks a couple years ago?

I think if Bass can go 17 and 10, and our other guys play like we're accustomed to we are going to be in every game this series.

Re: Who HAS to be our 'X Factor'
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Zeller

May not seem like it but if Z can be efficient and aggressive (22/10) there may be a chance to win a couple games.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Olynyk!

If he's aggressive and hitting his shots it could really spread them out and force Irving and Love to play D without a Mozgov or Thompson behind them.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:57:20 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think we either need one guy to do something no one would ever expect or a lot of guys have to be on their A game.

But if I had to pick one, I agree that it's Zeller, but I think defense is the most important area where he has to be as good as he can. Kyrie and Lebron are going to beat their defenders a lot and we need a guy in the middle to take stuff away from them.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Good question.

Either Isaiah or Crowder.

Both guys because they attack the basket and knock down the 3 and Crowder especially because he's a good defender and can lock down 'Bron better than Turner.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Isaiah Thomas. There's nobody on the Cavs that matches up with him defensively. I think he should look to take 30 shots per game.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 02:46:17 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I think our X factor just has to be our bigs shooting from three effectively enough to open the middle for Turner and Thomas.  If Crowder, Olynyk, Sully, and Jerebko can consistently space the floor shooting something like 6-10 on threes, we have a chance.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 03:15:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Marcus Smart on the offensive end.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 03:39:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Olynyk will play better than many expect IMO.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Marcus Smart on the offensive end.

Agreed.

If Smart can turn a whole new gear, and really try to draw as much as fouls, while playing tough defense on Irving, I can see him having a huge impact.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Our stretch bigs need to play well from the perimeter to draw Mozgov, their only inside protection, out from the basket. Further, all of our bigs should be able to abuse Love when he's guarding them, so that should be a point of emphasis for this team.

It'll be interesting to see who they put Lebron on, because other than Smart he'll be putting out a TON of energy on the defensive side of the ball. Bradley runs around everywhere on offense, and I think Turner can consistently get past Lebron with his craftiness and ball-handling. The key with Lebron is giving him many different bodies and defenders to throw him off. I fully expect to see Turner, Smart, Crowder, and Wallace all have some time guarding Lebron in the series, perhaps even JJ, too. If it wasn't for star treatment, I think Smart and Crowder could really slow Lebron down if they were allowed to play their physical brand of D against him, which they won't.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 03:53:39 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Olynyk will play better than many expect IMO.

I think Olynyk is one guy who is going to get destroyed in this series, IMO.

The Cavs front court is going to eat him up.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 04:14:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Gigi Datome is averaging 22 points a game as a starter.  So I'd say he's our best chance of pulling an upset.

Let's go Luigi!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
That's the million dollar question. That is why making the playoffs is a positive thing. Our young team gets to see what taking it up a notch really means. They get to see how far off they are from being the players the organization needs and wants. Let's be honest, one player is not going to do it.

IT has to be the guy that shines on the national stage. He has to average 22 to 24 a game and get big baskets when the team needs them, plus create for others in the paint.

i just hope he can physically hold up.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Our stretch bigs need to play well from the perimeter to draw Mozgov, their only inside protection, out from the basket. Further, all of our bigs should be able to abuse Love when he's guarding them, so that should be a point of emphasis for this team.

It'll be interesting to see who they put Lebron on, because other than Smart he'll be putting out a TON of energy on the defensive side of the ball. Bradley runs around everywhere on offense, and I think Turner can consistently get past Lebron with his craftiness and ball-handling. The key with Lebron is giving him many different bodies and defenders to throw him off. I fully expect to see Turner, Smart, Crowder, and Wallace all have some time guarding Lebron in the series, perhaps even JJ, too. If it wasn't for star treatment, I think Smart and Crowder could really slow Lebron down if they were allowed to play their physical brand of D against him, which they won't.

Right on the nose.