Author Topic: Baynes for a tommy point  (Read 1455 times)

Baynes for a tommy point
« on: October 21, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
His verticality and mass sent saric to locker room-Baynes decked Crowder like he hit a brick wall and it didn't budge him.  Saric got whistled twice for offensive fouls in third quarter warding off contact.Baynes relishes contact and as to being foul prone -SO WHAT
It's been a long time without a bruiser.

Re: Baynes for a tommy point
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
His skills involve being a huge white guy, having a man bun, and the occasional mid range j. Sign him to the max

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 01:26:12 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
His skills involve being a huge white guy, having a man bun, and the occasional mid range j. Sign him to the max
not so. he also does a lot of dirty work and gives the celtics a tough defender under the basket when match ups allow. and he does rebound well enough.

another valuable tool in CBS box. i give credit to ainge, he does a pretty good job of picking up useful players.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I "LOVE" Baynes.

We haven't had a bruiser like him since Perk.

He has some offensive skils as well.

He seems to relish physicality and I saw him getting into it with the Cavs players.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
-a TP

Embid played like a huge white guy-he looked like stuck in cement
Fultz played like a pampered AAU star
Simmons has zero outside game
This criticising is fun.
They got beat by Bird and Larkin-  Baynes sent Saric off for a little cry
Fultz gave a class on how to get your shots blocked.
They kept their best offensive center Okafor benched -does he have a trade coming or a hangover from being out with Tatum-or they afraid Embid might not be HAPPY
What does Okafor have less value than Zeller
A number one draft choice that shoots foul shots like kindergarten-he went two for two
Maybe Fultz doesn't want to be in Philly-and that is a trade me foul shot

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
not so. he also does a lot of dirty work and gives the celtics a tough defender under the basket when match ups allow. and he does rebound well enough.

another valuable tool in CBS box. i give credit to ainge, he does a pretty good job of picking up useful players.

Also a good defensive rebounder.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 02:42:41 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Pretty sure Aron Baynes plays an important role in this...

https://twitter.com/Marc_DAmico/status/915015702511341569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.weei.com%2Fblogs%2Fweei%2Ftommy-heinsohn-makes-his-mark-first-preseason-game

Tommy referring to Baynes:  "I sawr him inda shower.  He looks like all of Australia.  He's really put together."

If that's not a disturbing visual I don't know what is.   :o :-X :o

Posted this in another thread.  If it doesn't warrant a Tommy Point (or 10 if you a fan of Steven Tyler and his big *1*0* inch), I don't know what does.   8)

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Baynes totally handled Embid. I thought Embid looked terrible and most of it was because he was guarded by Baynes. I mean the one possession I saw when Baynes wasn't in there and Al was guarding Embid he drove right to the hoop for a basket like Horford wasn't even there. He couldn't do that to Baynes. I was surprised that Brad left Baynes in there after getting the 5th foul in the 3rd quarter. He probably figured he's just keep him out there as long as possible because fragile Joel would only play so long anyway. That traveling call on Embid was epic. He must have taken 5 steps with the ball in his hand. Hilarious. But I do love Baynes and his mass. He doesn't jump for the fakes and stays straight up on D which is great. And he can shoot free throws. I do have to say though I wish the bun would go.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The bun stays

"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Also a good defensive rebounder.

His best skill is setting a pick and rolling his body to continue the pick essential throwing 2 picks on same guy with just that move. For whatever reason when I see him do that I lose my mind because he's far more invested in helping someone else score.

The other thing he does really well is seal the lane for the cutter. I see why Danny went out and  got him. He does all the small stuff Brad loves. Baynes seems like he enjoys that part of the game most.
ok fine

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 10:40:35 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

I've watched all 3 games so far and Danny got another steal.  Baynes is perfect for the job.