Author Topic: Celtics workout Marquese Chriss & Buddy Hield in LA. Bender coming in June 21st  (Read 1069 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2016/06/13/celtics-work-out-oklahoma-buddy-hield-washington-marquese-chriss/CROWvwuDYM2aedZt7UHcSI/story.html

Adam Himmelsbach, June 14th, Boston Globe.

With the June 23 draft rapidly approaching, the Celtics on Monday got an up-close look at Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield and Washington forward Marquese Chriss, two players who could be options for their No. 3 overall pick.

Several members of Boston’s staff, including president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and coach Brad Stevens, traveled to California to watch the two complete individual workouts.

Hield and Chriss did not compete against each other.

“It went well,” Ainge said by telephone. “I would say there were no real surprises. Buddy Hield is a really good shooter and a hard-working, well-conditioned player. He’s a great kid and a guy that’s ready to step in and play. Very, very, impressive.

“And Marquese Chriss is a young and very athletic player that has a lot of growth still to his game, but he has an enormous upside.”

According to a league source, 18-year-old Croatian prospect Dragan Bender is expected to come to Boston for a workout on June 21. The 7-foot-1-inch Bender, who just completed his professional season in Israel, is one of the more intriguing unknowns in this draft, and is likely to be a top-five selection.

The Celtics have eight picks in the draft, including the third, 16th, and 23d overall choices in the first round.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Is that the only report we have on Chriss right now? I'm guessing he didn't wow enough to take at number three, though I doubt we end up keeping the pick anyways.