Poll

Would you trade Bradley for a top 15 pick in the 2012 draft?

yes
10 (17.9%)
no
46 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Would you trade Bradley for a top 15 pick in the 2012 draft?  (Read 10149 times)

Re: Would you trade Bradley for a top 15 pick in the 2012 draft?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 12:50:20 PM »

Offline KevinConnor

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
I don't know I m still not completely convinced about AB. Him being only 6ft2 is a bit of a concern also.

What about the two first rounders and AB for the number 1 pick, would you guys do that?

If you're not convinced about AB, how can you be convinced with someone who has never even played in the NBA yet?

I'm pretty convinced Davis will be a [dang] good nba player. The chances are there that AB will also be a good player(the signs are there)but still I'm more convinced about Davis becoming really good than AB becoming really good(multiple allstar).

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
All-star potential at SG for Bradley? Top 30 player potential for Bradley at SG? I don't see it.

He's good defensively but his rebounding, size, and limited offensive game make that rather unlikely.

A good combo guard and defensive role player at 21 doesn't translate into all-star potential.

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 12:54:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I voted yes, because if Bradley was in this draft I don't think he goes in the top 15.  As an example, nbadraft.net has Jared Sullinger at 15 right now, who would you rather have going forward?  Given he has already had a fairly serious knee injury and his game is predicated a great deal on athleticism, I would make that trade and wouldn't give it a second thought.  
I have serious issues with the thinking that Sullinger is going to be a very good NBA player. He has very little or wingspan compared to the better portion of NBA power forwards and has no facing the basket game. help defenses with big long centers and PFs with eat him alive in the post.

Without an outside game to compliment his back to the basket game, I see him struggling in the NBA. His ceiling might be Kris Humphries. I would rather have Bradley and his excellent shooting mechanics, superb defense and ability to learn and grow than Sullinger.

Actually as Sullinger gets measured out and does the various workouts for teams, my guess is his stock will fall, possibly out of the lottery.
15 is out of the lottery.  Terrence Ross is projected at 19.  He is better than Bradley in my opinion. 

Bradley is an undersized SG that relies on athleticism that had already had one serious knee injury.  He isn't a great outside shooter.  His ball handling is below average for SG's, which means he can't start at PG, but his size will be a big problem against many SG's (he will just get backed down and shot over).  Bradley is a solid first guard off the bench type player, but that is the best he will ever be.  I'd much rather take the chance on a young guy that could be a lot more (nbadraft.net picks 11-15 are Tyler Zeller, Meyers Leonard, Perry Jones, Kendall Marhsall, Jared Sullinger - heck even 16-20 seem like better options to me they are - Moe Harkless, John Henson, Doron Lamb, Terrence Ross, Terrence Jones).  I'd probably take every single one of those players over Avery Bradley. 
Ross is nowhere as good as Bradley.

Bradley is undersized as a SG but has the length of a SF with an unreal 6'7.5" wingspan and tremendous leaping ability. There are possibly 2 SGs in the league I could see Bradley having trouble with due to size, Kobe and Wade. Guess what, even players the size of Wade and Kobe have trouble with them. It has to do with talent, not size.

Bradley's ability to handle the ball has leaped considerably this year as the year has progressed. He will be a fine combo guard but his real position will be at shooting guard.

Bradley is actually a very good outside shooter. But, much like Rip Hamilton is a great outside shooter, he just might not have three point range, yet. Hamilton never developed it but it didn't make him a tremendously less effective player. I think Bradley could develop a three point shoot but if he doesn't, he still is very good from 15-20 feet away from the basket.

Beyond the first 5-6 players in the draft there is no guarantee that anyone will be a solid NBA player. Bradley already is a solid NBA player and his learning curve has taken on an exponential upward incline. Next year I expect him to be a starting SG for the Celtics and part of the best defensive back court duo in the league by far.

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Anybody remember the mediocre team the Celtics had become before Ray went down and Bradley stepped right in, and then some?

Comparisons to individual prospects aside, Bradley has shown that he can have a major effect on the wins and losses of the Celtics.

We've also seen that his game compliments what the other starters on this team can do. Garnett, Rondo, Pierce, Bass, and Stiemsma all started playing better with Bradley on the court.

I wouldn't roll the dice on any rookie having such an impact on the Celtics except Anthony Davis or possibly Kid-Gilchrist.

Given what the Celtics roster is now, and what it's likely to look like next year, Bradley is looking like an ideal fit at 2 guard. With nothing but upside.

Stop the hate.

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Hells to the yes!!!!

Who would you rather have Bradley or John Henson or Tyler Zeller.

Point guards are a dime a dozen, bigs are not.

NO offense at all directed toward Mr. Bradley.  He has performed well and deserves a lot of praise, but sorry Avery, 7'0" is 7'0" and that is not changing anytime soon.

I know recently things have been different, but the NBA is a big man's league.

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 01:47:50 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Yes, it's a very deep draft and you should be able to pick a starter up even at the lowest point (15) - Bradley is going to be a very useful roleplayer but I don't see him being a starter in this league.  Those cuts that he's getting points off of are going to be taken away quickly once players start paying attention to him if he becomes a starter

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33

I wouldn't roll the dice on any rookie having such an impact on the Celtics except Anthony Davis or possibly Kid-Gilchrist.

Given what the Celtics roster is now, and what it's likely to look like next year, Bradley is looking like an ideal fit at 2 guard. With nothing but upside.

Stop the hate.

SO a 7'1" center who averaged 20pts/10rbs in the ACC, who runs the floor, was the NCAA academic all-American of the year, 2nd team athletic all-American who runs like a SG does not appeal to you?  You think that guy is a risk?

I would take any of these kids over Avery Bradley:

Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd Gilcrist
Marquis Teague
Thomas Robinson
Harrison Barnes
John Henson
Tyler Zeller
Jared Sullinger
Terrance Jones
Kendall Marshall
Andre Drummond
Bradley Beal
Perry Jones III
Cody Zeller (if he comes out)
James Michael McAdoo (if he comes out)

6'0" pgs who cannot shoot and play defense are easy to find in the NBA.

When GMs talk about this draft class being incredible in terms of impact talent, they are not lying to you.  There wont be this level of talent in the draft for years.

Plus the Celtics can afford sending Bradley away bc they have a better pg in Rajon Rondo.

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Hells to the yes!!!!

Who would you rather have Bradley or John Henson or Tyler Zeller.

Point guards are a dime a dozen, bigs are not.

NO offense at all directed toward Mr. Bradley.  He has performed well and deserves a lot of praise, but sorry Avery, 7'0" is 7'0" and that is not changing anytime soon.

I know recently things have been different, but the NBA is a big man's league.

so just because a guy is 7 ft means they are going to be automatically better than bradley or better with the c's ? That's ridiculous . Tyler Zellar has career backup center written all over him. Henson looks like another Brandon Wright type who will get physically dominated in the low post his first few seasons.

Bradley is already in the all-defensive team category if he played enough mins this year. He works very well with Rondo and is developing on offense.

Now I might possibly do it for Myers Leonard because I think he could potentially be a top 5 center in the league and an all-star.

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
When the C's drafted Bradley I said he had a chance to become someone similar to Joe Dumars. He's not there yet, but he's getting closer. 

OTOH, I voted yes...mainly because there wasn't a Maybe. So, yes, I would trade Bradley for the right player, and I think there are probably a few such players in this draft. Five or six, yes, but not 15. I'd say yes and both picks for Davis, Drummond, or Kidd-Gilchrist; yes and one pick for Beal, Rivers or Robinson; and yes but no pick for Barnes or Lamb. I guess that's 8. :)

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93

6'0" pgs who cannot shoot and play defense are easy to find in the NBA.

I have no problem with you saying you'd rather take a top 15 player and that's legitimate. But seriously? I haven't seen a lot of guys like Bradley. There's no hype about him at all. All of the praise he's gotten recently is because of the way he's played.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sure wood be cool to have a nice 7 ft, NBA starting center.

Lets let him keep playing and develop him and maybe we can trade him for Pau Gasol or some really good big .

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 11:14:01 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
This draft is much stronger in its depth than in its supply of 7' starting centers that are average or better.

I'd rather trade Bradley for  picks 19 + 20 than for ONE of 4-18.

The most frequent type of player to bust in the NBA is the flashy scorer who can't play great defense. Their predicted success is based on their perceived ability to improve substantially on defense. When this doesn't happen, they lose playing time or lose games with frequency.

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 12:17:37 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
for sure

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think a Rondo/Bradley back court could be a really good base to start to build a running team for the future. 

I'd like to try to find some developing young bigs who can run and jump, like a JuJuan Johnson or a Ryan Hollins, and a young running wing player, like maybe a Jeff Green type.

It might not work, but I'd like to try to create an athletic, defensive team to run with Rondo.

Maybe the rebuild has already started.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If Bradley were in this draft, he'd go in the late teens.

But by this time next year, you'll be able to trade him for 5 or 6 of the guys who would be taken ahead of him.