Author Topic: If the C's sweep, and the Heat sweep...  (Read 10483 times)

Re: If the C's sweep, and the Heat sweep...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'll hope for the 6-7 day rest but I've been a fan of the C's too long...  I would not be surprised if they LAY AN EGG ON EASTER............

TP for making me smile
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Hardest game is the close out game. We have heard it time and time gain and I'm sure it's the truth. Let's hope they come out with the fire they had in Game 3.

True. In fact, the C's are only 8-10 in closeout games. The only series they wrapped up immediately were Detroit in 2008 and Cleveland last year.

And it is interesting because those were arguably the two most dangerous teams we have faced. Detroit beat us at home (only team to win in Boston that year) and had championship experience. Cleveland blew us out at home in record fashion, but we returned the favor two games later.

But I think the Knicks are pretty deflated because of how they lost every game. The first two were heartbreakers and then their first playoff game in MSG in like 7 years, they get embarrassed.

Let's not give them any reason to believe they can prolong the series. Go out in the first quarter again and stick it to them early and often.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'll hope for the 6-7 day rest but I've been a fan of the C's too long...  I would not be surprised if they LAY AN EGG ON EASTER............

I would be surprised if the Celtics win tomorrow, although they're too good for the Bricks. Game 5 at home means $ for the league and everyone else. Also, the Knicks kind of deserve to win a game, I want the Celtics to win, but we've seen it before.

Don't be surprised if Doc goes back to his Baby/Green/Ray or Pierce frontcourt to save our 7 footer's legs. Shaq's playoff debut at home on game 5? Hopefully not.

I'm still saying Celtics in 4, here's expecting for a good surprise.

EDIT: TP for the post

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »

Offline Yellow is a Girly Color

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 13
I'll hope for the 6-7 day rest but I've been a fan of the C's too long...  I would not be surprised if they LAY AN EGG ON EASTER............

I would be surprised if the Celtics win tomorrow, although they're too good for the Bricks. Game 5 at home means $ for the league and everyone else. Also, the Knicks kind of deserve to win a game, I want the Celtics to win, but we've seen it before.

Don't be surprised if Doc goes back to his Baby/Green/Ray or Pierce frontcourt to save our 7 footer's legs. Shaq's playoff debut at home on game 5? Hopefully not.

I'm still saying Celtics in 4, here's expecting for a good surprise.

EDIT: TP for the post

I dont see that at all. If they can win a game, against us, then they deserve one, but i dont think they can beat us as we've proven all year. I'm positive the c's are gonna crush the knicks tomorrow.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 01:33:47 AM »

Offline Tommy Point God

• Jordan Walsh
Hardest game is the close out game. We have heard it time and time gain and I'm sure it's the truth. Let's hope they come out with the fire they had in Game 3.

True. In fact, the C's are only 8-10 in closeout games. The only series they wrapped up immediately were Detroit in 2008 and Cleveland last year.

And it is interesting because those were arguably the two most dangerous teams we have faced. Detroit beat us at home (only team to win in Boston that year) and had championship experience. Cleveland blew us out at home in record fashion, but we returned the favor two games later.

But I think the Knicks are pretty deflated because of how they lost every game. The first two were heartbreakers and then their first playoff game in MSG in like 7 years, they get embarrassed.

Let's not give them any reason to believe they can prolong the series. Go out in the first quarter again and stick it to them early and often.

Heres the thing though. The first year we were brand new to each other, the next year there was no kg. and after that we has like 2/5 of kg. So now lets see what happens with everyone healthy possibly + shaq

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'll hope for the 6-7 day rest but I've been a fan of the C's too long...  I would not be surprised if they LAY AN EGG ON EASTER............

TP.  So true.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 02:08:41 AM »

Offline Garnett Crushes Gasoft

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 21
C's could really play well against the heat with shaq back. Im talkin 4-1 good. Big 4 lookin great

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 10:51:58 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
It's indeed very important to take care of this sweep today.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »

Online ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
* We must close out today
* Do not play Shaq even if he were healthy (I know e's out already)
* Get much needed rest for the core four
* Much needed rest for JO, Baby if he's injured and obviously Shaq.

We should then be good to go for Miami and beyond.

Getting this full week off, would mean that our core four will have had:

* Once week off at the end of the season
* played reasonable minutes in a four game sweep
* then had "another" week off before Miami.

That would consitute the most rest they've had since the summer and that is an ideal situation!

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »

Offline Yellow is a Girly Color

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Anyone thinking we could possibly take the heat in 5? Albeit with some close games?

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
TPs for the replies. thanks guys! Even though the Heat lost earlier today (likely gonna wrap it up in 5 with HC), May 1 will likely still be Game 1 right? sounds good :)

good game 4 played by the C's btw. way to close em out! gotta love KG!

again, thanks! TPs for everyone.

and YiaGC, i think we take the Heat in 6 :) and we will win all the close games because the Heat cannot close. i think we'll likely get blown out in game 3 though :( just a hunch.
- LilRip

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Gosh, I really hope SHAQ is ready after another full week of rest. If not, we can throw him in the garbage.

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 11:23:44 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
The C's held up their end of the bargain. Miami did not. Celtics get a free opportunity to scout Game 5 in Miami and at least two extra days to prepare for the Heat.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 11:27:15 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
No one is helped more by the playoff schedule and long rest than the C's. Pierce and Allen always look worse on back to backs in season, and with all the new faces a week of practice is like a mini training camp.

So IF Shaq plays next Sunday, do you do the Mark McGwire let him play the first 5 minutes of both halves?

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Not sure if this was ever answered but if the Heat finish the 76ers off it looks like the first game against Boston will be on Sunday:
A return to practice on Friday has potential to allow O'Neal to ramp up activity in time for the next round, which would start Sunday in Miami if the Heat win either of the next two games against the Philadelphia.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4683403/shaqwatch-cs-eye-friday-practice