Author Topic: Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wall  (Read 10543 times)

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wall
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »

Offline Celtics/Run

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 35
20-14-6 ;D ;D

Re: Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wall
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Wall's a rookie still.  He'll be a good PG in this league.  The early expectations he'd be the equal of Rose look to be too much--> mostly due to Rose really elevating his game and Wall having a lower starting point in terms of production.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:09:27 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Rondo is not as good as John Wall.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
As long as he is moving his feet not his hands, and making his Free-Throws.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:21:14 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I agree but is being better than John Wall really an accomplishment? He should be miles ahead of him. John Wall is a rookie. Rondo has a ring.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »

Offline Celtics/Run

• Brad Stevens

Is this a joke?

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

According to you he's not as good as Delonte, or probably Felton.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:08:41 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Give Wall 2-3 years and he'll leap ahead of Rondo just like Rose and Westbrook have done.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Give Wall 2-3 years and he'll leap ahead of Rondo just like Rose and Westbrook have done.

Westbrook really isn't a better player than Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 11:13:13 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Westbrook really isn't a better player than Rondo.

Yeah, he is.  He's a statistical twin with Derrick Rose (and Rose doesn't have to share the ball with Kevin Durant). 

Neither Westbrook nor Rose would be as good a fit for this team as Rondo (at his best) is.  However, both Rose and Westbrook are better overall players than Rondo, and all things being equal I'd choose Rose or Westbrook as a core piece ahead of Rondo.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
20-14-6 ;D ;D

Yeah if you just base it on one game it looks like Rondo blows him away.  If you look at what Walls done this month versus what Rondos done this month, you get a very different picture.  Just the fact that a thread like this has to be made comparing a first year player with a fifth year player says a lot about where they both stand. 

I agree Rondo is better, but if Wall develops in any meaningful way, he'll probably pass him.  He has the physical tools (size, speed) to become a better defender than Rondo, and he's already a much more complete offensive player.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »

Offline Celtics/Run

• Brad Stevens
20-14-6 ;D ;D

Yeah if you just base it on one game it looks like Rondo blows him away.  If you look at what Walls done this month versus what Rondos done this month, you get a very different picture.  Just the fact that a thread like this has to be made comparing a first year player with a fifth year player says a lot about where they both stand. 

I agree Rondo is better, but if Wall develops in any meaningful way, he'll probably pass him.  He has the physical tools (size, speed) to become a better defender than Rondo, and he's already a much more complete offensive player.

With all the Rondo bashing he needed some praise. Your snide remarks are not helping.....

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
20-14-6 ;D ;D

We're talking about a first year player who's a number one pick who's been ear marked as an NBA superstar since he was in High School.  And, we're also comparing Rondo to Derrick Rose, who is most likely this year's league MVP.

I think that speaks volumes about where our point guard has come since his early years when folks were saying he wasn't good enough to be the point guard for a championship contender, when he was being compared negatively to the likes of Devin Harris.

Big deal, the MVP and his team outplayed us last night, and Rondo lost the one on one match up badly.  He'll show up big in the playoffs and use his craftiness and intelligence for the game to his advantage.  That young man's got wu.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think, more than anything, this topic is being made because there are Rondo-bashers out there saying that Wall would make this team better. Obviously a totally false statement. Have you guys watched Westbrook by the way? Certainly a better scorer than Rondo, but he's not the best decision maker and turns the ball over a bit too often. I'll take Rondo

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 12:37:36 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Is this a joke?

Technically it isn't... but it is.