Author Topic: Jermaine O'Neal starts clothing line in spare time. REALLY??  (Read 10563 times)

Re: Jermaine O'Neal starts clothing line in spare time. REALLY??
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/fashion/view.bg?articleid=1320643&position=2

So this guy started his own clothing line in his spare time. I am so (stinking) mad that this guy can start a clothing line in his spare time instead of REHABBING HIS INJURY!! Are you serious?

Damon Amendolara just talked about this on the sports hub radio station and it really ticked me off. Damon also mentions that JO eats cupcake fruity pebbles... really? I'm so glad he's trying to stay in playing shape for the playoffs.

Why didn't we buyout this guy?? He is useless and IS the meaning of the term has-been. Maybe even the meaning to the term never-was. I'm so glad we traded Perk and kept this moron.

We gave him 6 million to sit on his butt, make a clothing line, be injured and eat fruity pebbles and cupcakes or whatever. WORST OFF SEASON SIGNING EVER IN NBA HISTORY!! Let's hear all your opinions on this. Sorry if this was previously a topic.

Really? REALLY? You think he hasn't done any rehab because he started a clothing line?

C'mon man... all he has to do is dot some i's and cross some t's. He probably spends 4-6 hours a day doin rehab. I'm gonna assume he spends another 2-3 hours shooting or watching video. That leaves 15-18 hours a day or so to do whatever he wants. Who are you to decide what he should be doing in his spare time?
He's a basketball player not your personal servant.
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
I cant hate on JO.

With something like 90% of all professional sports athletes going broke in a few years after they leave the league.

At least hes starting to invest his money so he wont end up like so many of the other basketball players that end up with nothing after their career is over.

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 07:56:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I dislike JO because of the way he went about dealing with his injury situation...but if he is healthy, he is going to mean so much more to our team come playoffs time...more than Shaq or any other big on our team.

I think Shaq will mean more than JO.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 07:59:11 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
This thread reminds me of people complaining about the president having fun and going on vacations with his family. I don't expect JO to rehab his injury(ies) 24/7 as if he's a robot so you shouldn't, either. We all have hobbies so you can't blame the man for doing something with his down time.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/fashion/view.bg?articleid=1320643&position=2

So this guy started his own clothing line in his spare time. I am so (stinking) mad that this guy can start a clothing line in his spare time instead of REHABBING HIS INJURY!! Are you serious?

Damon Amendolara just talked about this on the sports hub radio station and it really ticked me off. Damon also mentions that JO eats cupcake fruity pebbles... really? I'm so glad he's trying to stay in playing shape for the playoffs.

Why didn't we buyout this guy?? He is useless and IS the meaning of the term has-been. Maybe even the meaning to the term never-was. I'm so glad we traded Perk and kept this moron.

We gave him 6 million to sit on his butt, make a clothing line, be injured and eat fruity pebbles and cupcakes or whatever. WORST OFF SEASON SIGNING EVER IN NBA HISTORY!! Let's hear all your opinions on this. Sorry if this was previously a topic.

Really? REALLY? You think he hasn't done any rehab because he started a clothing line?

C'mon man... all he has to do is dot some i's and cross some t's. He probably spends 4-6 hours a day doin rehab. I'm gonna assume he spends another 2-3 hours shooting or watching video. That leaves 15-18 hours a day or so to do whatever he wants. Who are you to decide what he should be doing in his spare time?
He's a basketball player not your personal servant.

Personal servant???? When did I say he was my servant or that I wanted him to be???? That's messed up to say. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that was mine about JO.

I guess that I am just annoyed that we aren't getting a return on the money we spent on him to provide for this team. I am not really that mad that he started a clothing line I am just mad that he did it mid-season. It would have been good for the team if he had the surgery earlier and actually be able to contribute to this team right now.  

I'm not saying he should be my servant and do what I say... I am just a fan with an opinion and if you don't like it then fine... that's your right.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
I don't think this post warrents the negative comments to Dark Passenger. He is entitled to his opinion and he's not the only one to feel that way.

It does seem strange that he didn't elect to have the surgery at the beginning. Maybe he'd be playing with us now and we could sure use him now.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 08:13:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Dark Passenger - I think that most of your concern is very identical to mine, in that once Perk was traded, most of us here thought that "Who in the world is going to man the paint?"

I was like "Get Shaq or JO here ASAP."

Looking back since The Trade, we've only lost once - to a DEN team that while talented played above themselves to beat an emotionally-spent Celtics team.

I have no doubt that JO will be there for us when the playoffs start....he will.

In some ways, we all were waiting for the "Real" Sheed to show up last year - and boy did he.

JO won't disappoint.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I don't think this post warrents the negative comments to Dark Passenger. He is entitled to his opinion and he's not the only one to feel that way.

It does seem strange that he didn't elect to have the surgery at the beginning. Maybe he'd be playing with us now and we could sure use him now.

TP thanks man.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
Rondo does commercials too, do you hate him?
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
This guy's heart has never been in the game of basketball...it's just how he makes a living.

He had the talent to be a top player in the league in his prime

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 08:25:07 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Blessed are the peace makers.  TP.

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum

TP thanks man.

My pleasure, Dark, and TP back to you.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
Hey More Banners....wow, thanks! ;D

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 08:33:01 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
I don't see anyone being negative towards another poster in this thread. People have posted their opinions on it and there's bound to be some disagreements. That's the way it is. From what I've seen, I haven't seen anyone berate Dark on his opinion. I think his opinion on it is silly, but that's MY opinion.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 08:39:19 PM »

Offline droponov

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
This guy's heart has never been in the game of basketball...it's just how he makes a living.

He had the talent to be a top player in the league in his prime

He was. Best player of a 60 wins team, MVP contender.

The Pacers training staff and FO ruined Jermaine O'Neals career when they decided he needed to gain weight to play the 5. Ruined his body, his health. Lead to the knee problems, the lingering issues, slowed him down for good. He has all the reasons to be suspicious of the advice he's getting from his employers.