Author Topic: Jermaine O'Neal starts clothing line in spare time. REALLY??  (Read 10564 times)

Jermaine O'Neal starts clothing line in spare time. REALLY??
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/fashion/view.bg?articleid=1320643&position=2

So this guy started his own clothing line in his spare time. I am so (stinking) mad that this guy can start a clothing line in his spare time instead of REHABBING HIS INJURY!! Are you serious?

Damon Amendolara just talked about this on the sports hub radio station and it really ticked me off. Damon also mentions that JO eats cupcake fruity pebbles... really? I'm so glad he's trying to stay in playing shape for the playoffs.

Why didn't we buyout this guy?? He is useless and IS the meaning of the term has-been. Maybe even the meaning to the term never-was. I'm so glad we traded Perk and kept this moron.

We gave him 6 million to sit on his butt, make a clothing line, be injured and eat fruity pebbles and cupcakes or whatever. WORST OFF SEASON SIGNING EVER IN NBA HISTORY!! Let's hear all your opinions on this. Sorry if this was previously a topic.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

Re: Jermaine O'Neal starts clothing line in spare time. REALLY??
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:07:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't really buy the "he could have been rehabbing" argument.  I mean, guys can't work out (especially after surgery) 24-7.  He's got down time like everyone else, and rather than drinking and gambling, he's exploring his business horizons.  I can't blame him for that.

Now, if there was evidence that he's blowing off rehab to concentrate on business, that's another thing entirely.  However, until I hear to the contrary, I'm going to assume that there's room for both things in his life.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Maybe it's fitness/rehab gear!
CELTICS 2024

Re: Jermaine O'Neal starts clothing line in spare time.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
How much rehab can you do in a day before you actually start making yourself worse?

This is not an issue.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:10:27 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I hope his clothes are of better quality...no rips and tears before one year please.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Are we also going to complain about him cutting his toe nails too short?

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 07:13:24 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
He must be bored out of his mind

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Maybe it's fitness/rehab gear!

Hospital gowns, more likely.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
“I’ve always been interested in fashion,” said O’Neal, who recently set up a showroom in the Garment District here. “It’s exciting, something that I love to do.”

Denim is at the core of Le Jaunty, which juxtaposes urban streetwear with an air of gentility. Think a lollipop-red windbreaker and straight-leg jeans accessorized with an ascot, or black, three-pocket utility shirt paired with suspenders and a top hat.

i just think it's completely insane that we kept this guy on our roster when he's only played 17 games.

lol... hospital gowns... nice.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
I dislike JO because of the way he went about dealing with his injury situation...but if he is healthy, he is going to mean so much more to our team come playoffs time...more than Shaq or any other big on our team.

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I see no issues AT ALL with Jermaine O'Neal doing this.

I can understand fans wanting to see a return on investment from JO since he signed for the MLE.

But the man is injured...not lazy. And I think it is unfair to expect him to just sit in the house all day and do nothing.

As soon as he is sending Lebron, Wade or DDroses' shot into the first row with his shotblocking ability, it won't matter whether or not he has a clothing line.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
I understand the first reaction as anger, too, OP. But maybe we're just really frustrated that he's hurt and want to think he's faking it or something.

When he played with us, he was pretty dang good. It just seems like anyone who makes it to the NBA must have a driving ambition to succeed and I'll bet this is hurting him a heck of a lot more than it's hurting us. He must be climbing the walls.

After consideration, it would seem a wise move for him financially, especially since his nba days may be waning.

TP for an interesting post.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Bench Suits Playoff Edition.

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I don't really buy the "he could have been rehabbing" argument.  I mean, guys can't work out (especially after surgery) 24-7.  He's got down time like everyone else, and rather than drinking and gambling, he's exploring his business horizons.  I can't blame him for that.

Now, if there was evidence that he's blowing off rehab to concentrate on business, that's another thing entirely.  However, until I hear to the contrary, I'm going to assume that there's room for both things in his life.

exactly, how much hours can you really dedicate to basketball...even if you work out and rehabbing your knees i do not believe it will go over 8 hours...this is just something he does in his spare time...

Paul Pierce also likes doing those things if i remember correctly