Author Topic: Sheed vs SWilliams: I feel safer with SWilliams on the floor  (Read 11905 times)

Re: Sheed vs SWilliams: I feel safer with SWilliams on the floor
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Celticsblog, where Amazing Happens.

TP, that's all there really is to say about topics like these.

Sheldon over baby, sure. sheldon over sheed...haha.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Sheldon over the end of the bench is more realistic.  And that's only a 50/50 chance.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
I'll take Sheed over Sheldon any day. Better defense, offense, game IQ.

Glen Davis on the other hand..... I'm loosing faith over the course of this season. He's becoming a black hole / turnover machine on offense, and his lack of height will always be a defensive issue.

I liked him better when he was hustling for loose balls, getting garbage points, and WIDE OPEN jump shots. Hopefully he'll find his true game again.

That was his game 2 days ago when he had a key charge (which by the way he leads the team with only playing 29 games)and scored double digits.  Charges are stat not really not recognized on celticsblog
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
Sheed is a better all around player but I prefer a big guy who battles under the boards and plays physically.  I see a boost in toughness, energy and aggresion when Williams is playing instead of Sheed.

No what you see is below average player that seems like a nice guy that doesn't shoot 3's but, has no other descernable NBA skill. Doc isn't playing Williams because he wants to lose.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
Lets just make sure, we are talking about the 2010 version of RWallace as opposed to the 2003 version.  Having said that, I can say with a straight face Sheed is a better rebounder than SWilliams....I just can't   :-X

Say whatever you want to say. It's a fact.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 02:16:30 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Lets just make sure, we are talking about the 2010 version of RWallace as opposed to the 2003 version.  Having said that, I can say with a straight face Sheed is a better rebounder than SWilliams....I just can't   :-X

Say whatever you want to say. It's a fact.

No, it's not.  In 11.9 minutes a game, Shelden is averaging 3.2 rebounds.  In 23.5 minutes a game, Sheed is averaging 4.1 rebounds.  If Doc doubled Shelden's minutes, he would certainly grab more than an extra 9/10ths of a rebound, so that would make him a better rebounder than Sheed.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I like that Shelden goes and gets rebounds.  Sheed grabs the ones that fall into his hands.

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 02:29:31 PM »

Offline DrGlen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Celticsblog, where Amazing Happens.

TP, that's all there really is to say about topics like these.

Sheldon over baby, sure. sheldon over sheed...haha.

Sheed = 4 time All Star (most recently 2008), who is expected to deliver come playoff time.

SWilliams = cheap young pick-up who needs to be buried on the bench until Danny can resign him as a long term role player.

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 02:49:11 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Safer in terms of what?

Wallace is the better defender.

Wallace is the better post threat.

Heck, Wallace is the better guy to pull the other defender out of the paint.

And the one thing Williams does better, rebound, doesn't improve the team rebounding when he is out there.  In fact, defensive rebounding drops by 5% when he is on the court. 

He is the perverbial 3rd QB in the NFL.  Never plays but the fans think he is a star.

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Safer in terms of what?

And the one thing Williams does better, rebound, doesn't improve the team rebounding when he is out there.  In fact, defensive rebounding drops by 5% when he is on the court. 

He is the perverbial 3rd QB in the NFL.  Never plays but the fans think he is a star.

I don't believe anyone is claiming that Shelden is a star.

And while Sheed is certainly a better offensive player, I don't quite get this firm conviction that 2010 Sheed is a better defender.

Mike

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 03:02:31 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'll take Sheed over Sheldon any day. Better defense, offense, game IQ.

Glen Davis on the other hand..... I'm loosing faith over the course of this season. He's becoming a black hole / turnover machine on offense, and his lack of height will always be a defensive issue.

I liked him better when he was hustling for loose balls, getting garbage points, and WIDE OPEN jump shots. Hopefully he'll find his true game again.

That was his game 2 days ago when he had a key charge (which by the way he leads the team with only playing 29 games)and scored double digits.  Charges are stat not really not recognized on celticsblog
I'll take rebonds and knowing your roll more then a few charges. Basically I can't stand Baby anymore. He's weak in the head and now he's weak on the floor.  But Doc likes him more so this argument is useless.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Safer in terms of what?

And while Sheed is certainly a better offensive player, I don't quite get this firm conviction that 2010 Sheed is a better defender.

Mike

Seeing what Wallace can do to a player like Howard this season is all I need to see.  Williams has never shown that against even lesser players.

Wallace may be a step slow on rotations, but at least he seems to know the rotations.

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 03:11:48 PM »

Offline DrGlen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8

Mike

No offense, but Perk and Sheed are the only ones Doc should trust to guard DHoward in the playoffs.

And Rashard Lewis may be too quick for Williams.

I'll take rebonds and knowing your roll more then a few charges. Basically I can't stand Baby anymore. He's weak in the head and now he's weak on the floor.  But Doc likes him more so this argument is useless.

BBD is irrelevant after the next trade deadline. Let's keep pumping him up.  ;D

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Mike

No offense, but Perk and Sheed are the only ones Doc should trust to guard DHoward in the playoffs.

And Rashard Lewis may be too quick for Williams.

I'll take rebonds and knowing your roll more then a few charges. Basically I can't stand Baby anymore. He's weak in the head and now he's weak on the floor.  But Doc likes him more so this argument is useless.

BBD is irrelevant after the next trade deadline. Let's keep pumping him up.  ;D
He needs to play well for us to pump him up. I have a feeling people know what he is and that's why he couldn't get the money he wanted in the first place.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I feel safer going 60 in a 65 in the right hand lane of the highway, but I dont get to my destination nearly as fast.