Author Topic: Sheed vs SWilliams: I feel safer with SWilliams on the floor  (Read 11901 times)

Sheed vs SWilliams: I feel safer with SWilliams on the floor
« on: March 04, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Can't remember the last time I saw Sheed accepting the challenge, jump, and go for the block.  This guy is so lazy is driving me crazy.

Then he goes and jacks up an ill advided 3, and won't be found near the offensive boards ever.

Then Doc subs in SWilliams, all of a sudden there is a sense of assurance that 1)there will be an effort on the offensive rebounding department 2) an effort on actually making a defensive stance....not hacking/bail-out.

Eveyone talks about the impact Nate has made on the team, but we are forgetting how different we look - on a positive way - when SWilliams gets some minutes. 

Is not like Doc notices or do anything about it, but I am just saying....8)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:47:34 AM by coco »

Re: Sheed vs SWilliams: I feel safer with SWilliams on the floor
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:50:26 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I don't know as much as Doc and I'm not going to pretend that I do. Sheed is going to play and that's all there is to it. It will p--- some of us off but we just have to accept it.

But I don't understand is when Baby isn't playing well one night we can't give Williams a try.
I personally don't think that Baby has earned anything over him. And while on a good night baby can probably give us a little more on the offensive end he's not always having good nights these days. And we know that Williams is longer and rebounds better. So I fail to understand why you don't pull Baby out and put Williams in on nights that Baby isn't cutting it.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Celticsblog, where Amazing Happens.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:11:14 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Can't remember the last time I saw Sheed accepting the challenge, jump, and go for the block.  This guy is so lazy is driving me crazy.

Then he goes and jacks up an ill advided 3, and won't be found near the offensive boards ever.

Then Doc subs in SWilliams, all of a sudden there is a sense of assurance that 1)there will be an effort on the offensive rebounding department 2) an effort on actually making a defensive stance....not hacking/bail-out.

Eveyone talks about the impact Nate has made on the team, but we are forgetting how different we look - on a positive way - when SWilliams gets some minutes. 

Is not like Doc notices or do anything about it, but I am just saying....8)
Sheed's opting to foul first instead of challenging a shot is something that has frustrated me for months.  I've seen him with chances to block or alter shots as well as chances to take a charge where he simply slapped at the guy and then raised his hand for a foul. What tha???

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:18:27 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Sheed is a better defender
Sheed is a better rebounder
Sheed is a better interior scorer
Sheed has better hands
Sheed is a better outside shooter
Sheed is a better passer
Sheed is a better FT shooter
Willams gets less Techs although he did get one last night..

Also in regards to the Sheed fouling instead of challenging some of that is be design.  Check the time in the period and the player he's fouling before assuming he's taking the easy way out.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Sheed has better hands
Sheed is a better passer
Willams gets less Techs although he did get one last night..

Also in regards to the Sheed fouling instead of challenging some of that is be design.  Check the time in the period and the player he's fouling before assuming he's taking the easy way out.
Oh, I've considered it.  Fouling Ben Wallace = good.  Fouling others that can shoot FT = not so good.

I agree with you that unquestionably he is more talented than Sheldon in all of ways you mentioned.  I only get upset at his unnecessary 3 pt chucks and his fouls (including T's).

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney

First of all I think Williams should get some of Baby's minutes not Sheeds. We got Sheed so even if I can't stand him we should use him.

But I don't know about Sheed being a better rebounder at this point and time. Perhaps years ago but not anymore. That would take effort.

Outside shooter? He's better because Williams knows he can't do that. Sheed hasn't figured out that he can't do it either and still shoots them.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

First of all I think Williams should get some of Baby's minutes not Sheeds. We got Sheed so even if I can't stand him we should use him.

But I don't know about Sheed being a better rebounder at this point and time. Perhaps years ago but not anymore. That would take effort.

Outside shooter? He's better because Williams knows he can't do that. Sheed hasn't figured out that he can't do it either and still shoots them.

Williams is only a slightly better rebounder than Davis and everything else without question goes to Davis.  Especially DEFENSE.  So no IMO he's not better than Sheed at rebounding and although he did make that great turn around jumper (lol) last night he's not in Sheed's class in outside shooting.  Sheed is easy target but, if he doesn't play well in the playoffs we have no shot.  Williams on the other end could be out for the rest of the year and it wouldn't make a blip on the radar of the NBA.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 12:37:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I'll take Sheed over Sheldon any day. Better defense, offense, game IQ.

Glen Davis on the other hand..... I'm loosing faith over the course of this season. He's becoming a black hole / turnover machine on offense, and his lack of height will always be a defensive issue.

I liked him better when he was hustling for loose balls, getting garbage points, and WIDE OPEN jump shots. Hopefully he'll find his true game again.

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 12:37:40 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney

Williams is only a slightly better rebounder than Davis and everything else without question goes to Davis.  Especially DEFENSE.  So no IMO he's not better than Sheed at rebounding and although he did make that great turn around jumper (lol) last night he's not in Sheed's class in outside shooting.  Sheed is easy target but, if he doesn't play well in the playoffs we have no shot.  Williams on the other end could be out for the rest of the year and it wouldn't make a blip on the radar of the NBA.
Well I don't think Williams should replace Sheed.

I don't agree with you on Baby. I've seen NOTHING from him as of late. He can take a charge but that's about it. Probably has more to do with his gravitational pull bringing players into him rather then skill. I think last years playoff run has got into his head and he thinks he's more that just a roll player. He isn't and I think a little competition for his minutes could do him some good. Bring him back down to earth.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
BBD is also our best offensive rebounder. I agree with OP, and i do not like sheldon williams. i would rather see him play than sheed.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 01:12:39 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Sheed has better hands
Sheed is a better passer

All of that only matters, though, if Sheed is playing well.

Both Sheed and Davis should come off the bench before Shelden because they've proven to be better players.  But Sheed and Davis have also spent most of this season playing like garbage.  When they do that, Shelden is more than capable of coming in and taking their place, because he doesn't hurt the team the way Sheed and Davis do when they suck.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 01:33:58 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I'm guessing most of the three's that Sheed takes are designed in the offense. I don't think he is just jacking up shots cause he likes doing it. Sheed was just saying the other day that if a play is designed for him to shoot the three and pop out to the line what is he supposed to do? If the play is designed for him then he is going to take the three and he is not going to be underneath the basket to get the offensive rebound. I think thats why Doc has been saying that he is going to use Sheed a little bit more underneath the basket and if you have noticed since the all-star break he has been down there a bit more. It's not because Sheed decided to play in the post more, it's because Doc has told him to play in the post more.

Also Sheed is never going to take a charge. Just like KG and Perk will never take a charge. Just why most big men in the league will never take a charge. It just doesn't happen, I don't know why but it really doesn't.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 01:34:31 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Lets just make sure, we are talking about the 2010 version of RWallace as opposed to the 2003 version.  Having said that, I can say with a straight face Sheed is a better rebounder than SWilliams....I just can't   :-X

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sheed is a better all around player but I prefer a big guy who battles under the boards and plays physically.  I see a boost in toughness, energy and aggresion when Williams is playing instead of Sheed.